UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2011 is now live!

Welcome to the rules to Secret Santa 2011. This year will mostly be like previous years, however we will have a more definitive split concerning international pairings. If you’ve never participated before (or have forgotten), please read all the rules before signing up. You are held accountable for all the rules if you choose to participate and I’d rather not have to send my thugs with the baseball bats if I don’t have to. For convenience, I’ve bolded all the important info.

Here's how things work:

There is no longer a minimum trading feedback needed to participate. However, if you have been on the board for less than six months you need to contact me prior to signing up so you can be approved.

This year, there will be two groups you can participate in: those who only want to ship within United States only and those who are willing to ship outside of the United States. See below for specific shipping dates.

I will pool all US only names into the Random Generator That Generates Randomness (and Redundancy) and only pair up those people. I’ll do the same for those willing to ship outside of the US and all international members that sign up. There is a chance that if you sign up in the international group that you will still be shipping to someone in your country, but it is strictly up to chance.

If you want to sign up, please email minimates@netzero.net with the following info (with Secret Santa Info as the subject). No PMs please.

Minimate Multiverse forum name:

E-mail address:

Name and address for packages to be shipped to:

Special shipping instructions (if any):

Are you willing to be a backup Santa:

Do you want to only ship within the United States or are you willing to ship internationally:

Anyone you DON'T want to be assigned to for whatever reason (this will be kept confidential, but I always love a good story if you feel the need to share):

Items you're interested in receiving or absolutely do not want:

Any additional info Santa should know:

This info must be submitted no later than Friday, 11/11/11 to participate.

Please list reasonable items you’d like to receive.

You can send a list of items you’d like or can list the kind of items you’re interested in/not interested in (i.e., ‘I’d like any kind of Bea Arthur memorabilia, except for the line of Bea’s lingerie since I’m already wearing some as I type this’). Try to leave a little vagueness to your lists so your Santa isn’t as limited. But don’t be too vague, otherwise your Santa will keep bugging me for more info and I’ll keep bugging you. Also, remember there is a minimum so don’t only list items that are more than that.

If you participate, look for an e-mail from me on November 12th.

Once I have all information from everyone, I’ll send it out on November 12th. You’ll be responsible for the name you receive (no trading allowed). And, just so you know, I will not be participating this year so that no one will think I’m ‘cherry picking’ the best member to receive from.

International packages should be sent no later than the December 2nd.

Packages shipping within the US should be sent no later than December 15th.

This will give about three weeks to shop and hopefully enough time to ship. The goal is for members to have a gift by Christmas and not too late to be enjoyed this season (remember, it’s okay for groundhogs to see their shadows on February 2nd, but not if it’s on their way to pick up their Secret Santa gift at the mailbox). However, the sooner you can send the better so that your recipient isn’t worrying if they’ve been shafted.

Once you’ve got your package, please post in this thread with your guess of who sent it.

By posting here, it’ll be easier to keep track of who has received their packages. And for those who can’t guess their Santa correctly, I’ll reveal all on New Year’s Day.

If you can’t send anything, e-mail me as soon as possible.

By signing up, you are expected to send something and last year there were no issues with anyone not sending. If you feel you can’t live up to your end of the bargain, then please don’t sign up. However, if something happens after you’ve signed up and you are unable to fulfill your duties as Secret Santa, please contact me as soon as you know that you won’t be able to send a gift so that a runner-up Secret Santa can assume your title and crown. We all understand that circumstances arise that change things, but just remember that communication is a powerful tool. By choosing to organize this, I am guaranteeing that every participant will receive something (even if it means I’m sending it) so please try to be respectful of everyone else. For anyone that chooses to not send something and doesn’t work it out beforehand, you’ll be banned from next year’s Secret Santa, you’ll receive appropriate feedback in the Feedback Forum and I’ll use my powers of mind control over groundhogs to find ways to put Ex-lax in your carbonated beverages (it’s complicated how that will work, but I think you can get the gist of the plan without me going into details).

The minimum amount to spend is $10 (US).

There is a minimum, but no maximum. If you want to shower someone with gifts, that’s awesome, but just make sure you’re prepared to possibly receive a gift from someone who can only afford $10. Along these lines, if you choose to send a custom made gift, please try to send something worth at least the minimum. A custom Minimate made out of Tootsie Rolls might be from the heart, but not worth $10 (unless you used $10 worth of Tootsie Rolls). And however much you spend, please be considerate and not send anything that could be deemed offensive.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or pm me if you need to.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily, I had the rules saved on my computer at work and not on the one that just crashed, otherwise it would have taken me awhile to re-type it all. As it was, it was very easy to plagarize myself.

And Rob, if you want in this year I'll make sure there's no miscommunication.

So, I just checked my email history so I could copy my list and not have ti type it all out. I've got two emails from every year. 06-06. 07-07. 08-08. 09-09. 10-10. I would just like to say thank you, not just to GH and Reideen (for years past) but to everyone here for making this the best best bunch of guys and gals that I've ever spent 6 years with. :thumbsup:

im excited.Secret Santa is a blast.id love to participate again :biggrin:

Just an update that we are at 14 members so far signed up for this. Last year there were 27 people involved and the more the merrier it seems.

And I don't know if I said it yet or not, but last year went almost perfectly without anyone being left out and no backups were needed. If you're not sure about signing up you should look through what past members received-there's some truly generous and creative people on this board. And then there are those of us who just organize things.

Over the last year, i have REALLY closed the gaps in my collection - so it's been hard to make a wish list for this years SS.

Still - i think i've got something close to a decent list worked up now.

Count me in! (again)

Over the last year, i have REALLY closed the gaps in my collection - so it's been hard to make a wish list for this years SS.

I always put non-Minimate stuff on my wishlist, too. Especially outside the US it can be very difficult to get those guys - no news for you, I know -, so I don't want to give anyone a hard time. Getting minimates from my list would be great, but I'd love anything else, too.

I always make a wide-spectrum list with all my likes, because I've had a "kid" one years that said "I don't need any minimates. Get me whatever you want." Never have I wanted to send a dirty diaper so badly. That kind of list isn't helpful AT ALL. It's better to take up three pages an come across greedy because of so much information then it is to not list anything at all.