UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beavis & Butthead Minimates

I doubt that is anything you have to worry about, Rob. I read an interview with Mike Judge, and he only envisions a 1 year return. This isn't something he plans on drawing out, but you never know.

That said, the original Beavis & Butthead cartoons hit me during High School, the target demographic. They were crude, juvenile, offensive, and something that I look back on fondly. Not the cartoons as much, as I barely got to see them as my parents had a house in the sticks and we didn't have cable. I remember them more fondly for the friendship I had with a high school buddy, JC, and another relationship that Beavis & Butthead inadvertantly helped create. I had a Beavis & Butthead toy sound machine that you press a button and 1 of several quotes was played. JC and I would pass this around during choir, and periodically hit the button at the most opportune time possible. This drove the choir director crazy trying to figure out where the noise was coming from, but more importantly, it also made a new girl that moved to town laugh. That "new girl" is also my wife.

So, Beavis & Butthead aren't all bad. :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

I loved Beavis & Butthead back in the day. I knew kids that were just like them. I guess I might have been a little like them myself.

I'll start the petition just for you Rob!

I was about 13 or 14 when that show hit, I think. I thought it was a revelation. I remember calling my buddies the first time I saw it, telling them that they had to put it on.

Weirdest thing about that show was that, despite how crude they were, they almost always critiqued music videos the same way I did in my mind :lol:

Never liked them. No, that's not fair. I had no exposure to them what so ever. I was too young, we never had cable, and there was a rumor going around the parents at my church that "That horrible Bevis and Butthead cartoon sent subliminal messages to children to burn down their house so they did." Not that my mom believed them, but it stopped my friends from seeing what i couldn't.

To be fair, last night's premiere episode was really, really good! My wife laughed harder than I did! It feels like the storytelling & jokes are more polished and grounded, rather than just throwing random ideas against the wall.

That said, as one who does his duty to prevent pegwarmers, I would definitely buy them. To prevent pegwarming. Yup.

I caught the new show today, and it was EXACTLY like the old show, except in HD (mostly, some of the cutaways during the music video reviews were not for some reason). Animation was the same, humor was the same, characters were the same. Just like the old days, those guys felt exactly the same way that I did about the music videos and MTV shows they watched. I really enjoyed it.