UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

It's Coming . . .

Nessex

I thought "Jean" was already back reincarnated as Hope? At least they've hinted the Hades out of that being the case. My guess would be them re-Phoenix-ing Rachel.

Ah - i thought thats what it was.

Very nice touch. Looks like there's a little flame on the front of the memorial too. It's nice to see her get some attention

I thought "Jean" was already back reincarnated as Hope? At least they've hinted the Hades out of that being the case. My guess would be them re-Phoenix-ing Rachel.

Sweet jesus - i hope not. I was kinda hopin' Hope was actually Rachel. It has a nice symetry - Rachel was responsible for Cable being saved as a child - Cable raised Hope - . . . but that's looking less and less likely.

Edited by Nessex

But Rachel hasn't really left enough to be "coming back".

Now of course Jean's been mostly dead for what 7 years now?

Hope been shown with Phoenix force firebird reflections in her eyes off and on since she was a baby. And there have been hints all along the way she may be Jean reincarnated.

The Phoenix force itself "abandonded" Rachel and what's his name when Hope was born, and hasn't been seen since.

I don't think Jean is coming back yet. I don't think that the X-office is ready to quit teasing the Hope mystery just yet. I do think the Phoenix Force itself is coming back, and looking for a host.

yeah - i didn't think of it so much in terms of Rachel having been gone long enough - more in terms of poetic symmetry.

I really hope it's not Jean. I wouldn't mind if it were Jeans baby though. Perhaps she and Cyke bumped uglies behind Emma's back and then wiped Scott's mind of the event?

Anyway - guess we'll find out neXt year :OP

That Jean will eventually be back is a foregone conclusion. But I don't think we're quite to that point yet.

Funny you mention Emma and Scott. Have you ever considered the idea that Emma is actually partially responsible for Scott's slow descent into ruthlessness? Not consciously, mind you. But by Scott's own admission years ago, his temporary merger with Apocolypse left him a changed man. Darker, colder, not the hope filled man he was before. Jean constantly urged him to move past it. Scott took that as her not understanding him anymore, but in hindsight perhaps since Jean had full memories of both the Phoenix's actions impersonating her, and Madeline Pryor's own descent into madness Jean understood all to well the dangers of letting one's dark side have too much sway. Emma on the other hand has never discouraged Scott exploring his darker feelings, in fact it's what drew the two together into their affair in the first place. Being a ruthless pragmatist herself, she sees nothing wrong in Scott's current behavior, and thus no reason to discourage him from doing what he feels he must.

I say all that because it's my opinion that when Scott really does hit bottom, when he's backed into a corner and forced to make some truly horrible choice between his new Magneto-esque end-justify-the-means attitude and the ideals Charles taught him, that's when Jean will show back up for real. And then we'll see what choices Scott makes, with Emma at his side, and Jean in his face (and not in the good way)..

• 1 year later...