UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that the missing TRU Wave 13 character is Daredevil from LCS 43. It will be Spidey/Punisher, Daredevil/Kingpin, DD will just be a repack like the recent Nightcrawler.

I'm okay with that, since the red on DD is looking closer to what I want rather than the preview picture, I don't mind having an extra for my desk at work. :thumbsup:

I get the concept of the bulKingpin, but he looks like he's got armor on with the shoulder pads. It'll take a while to get used to.

I plan on removing the leg and arm crap and tossing on a pair of regular hands and black feet.

I really like this Spidey. He looks like a good enough mate on his own, but with both the Spidersense and the web wings, he's an instant classic. I'm guessing that DD will get packed with Kingpin for the TRU wave. Unless there's something that accidentally got left out. Now hopefully we'll see more of MvC today.

I'm guessing that the missing TRU Wave 13 character is Daredevil from LCS 43. It will be Spidey/Punisher, Daredevil/Kingpin, DD will just be a repack like the recent Nightcrawler.

I'm okay with that, since the red on DD is looking closer to what I want rather than the preview picture, I don't mind having an extra for my desk at work. :thumbsup:

But didn't they say that there wouldn't be any overlap between LCS 43 and TRU 13? Also, isn't Ultimate Spider-Man supposed to be in TRU 13?

Miles Morales has been solicited (per the design sheet) for Summer 2012.

Drgnrbrn316, you are right, I missed that quote completely!!!

I refuse to divulge any additional information, because I've been waiting for this reveal for months and I've been setting up this countdown for days. (Okay, days isn't as impressive as months, but still, there was planning involved.)

Regardless of whether the answers are RIGHT, I've been enjoying seeing the widely disparate reactions to what the wave appears to be. As a forum noob, it's fascinating. I knew there were different likes and dislikes, but everyone here has their own unique vision of how the line should be laid out. I thought this wave would be a homerun or a bomb, but reactions may end up perfectly split.

I wonder what everyone would say if I told them that TRU Wave 13 shares zero figures with this wave?

Oh, and four of those blacked-out figures are Spider-Men. One is wearing a dress. :highfive2:

So, if Zach's statement holds tru (get it?), my vote for the missing Wave 13 figure is updated Nick Fury! It shares most of the parts from a Wave 43 figure, but is an entirely different character!

- Nick Fury / Punisher

- Spidey-Sense Spider-Man / Kingpin

- Boom Boom / Richtor

- Magma / Moonstar

I love the X-Force and New Mutants additions! I'm not sold on Kingpin's arms, but overall it is definitely improved over the original. And I'm guessing the Spidey Sense piece will be translucent yellow in the end. I like it. :)

On this prototype of Daredevil the lines one his boots go all the way around. So here's hoping that makes the final version.

Oh man. That Kingpin is terrible. Like, really, really awful. The Pisn't that amazing, but he's not bad. This is what? Our 4th Punisher? He doesn't wow be but he does't make me reel back in horror either. Not like that Kingpin. :yucky:

Aside from that one flub, I'm more excited for this reveal that I have been in a long time. Wave 43 really energized me. However I'm still having trouble telling who's who in the Xmen lines. I don't see Boom Boom. Then again, I only know her from Xmen Evolution.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Ha!

So, if Zach's statement holds tru (get it?), my vote for the missing Wave 13 figure is updated Nick Fury! It shares most of the parts from a Wave 43 figure, but is an entirely different character!

- Nick Fury / Punisher

- Spidey-Sense Spider-Man / Kingpin

- Boom Boom / Richtor

- Magma / Moonstar

Fury would be most welcome, but this would be a good time to get Jackal too. Until we hear otherwise, though, I'm assuming DD is getting repacked with Kingpin and Zach was just slightly off with his comment.

Edited by Turtle

Yeah it's a jump of $1.50 but they had them at 7.99 before and then dropped it. At this point what's another $1.50 a pack?

Still in this current economy it doesn't make sense to me to jack it up. I'll still buy of course.

Edited by Webhead

That is quite a price hike. Yikes. But it's still a good value. Wasn't that the price for DCD 'Mates? I can see TRU wanting two more waves by years end, so one in October and another in December makes sense. Of course, we're talking about DST and TRU here, so I'd be surprised if any come in on schedule.

Not to split hairs (and I do believe one is born gay), but that Rictor wasn't. He didn't "become" gay until very recently, as part of X-Factor, after he was depowered (from M-Day).

Regardless, I could not be happier with either him or Boomer. They look phenomenal, DST. Bra-frakking-vo. Wow. I love them. Let's keep it going!! :thumbsup:

Regardless, I could not be happier with either him or Boomer. They look phenomenal, DST. Bra-frakking-vo. Wow. I love them. Let's keep it going!! :thumbsup:

Exact-a-mundo! :thumbsup:

Boom Boom and Rictor are two characters that I didn't get a $#!+ about in the comics, but are getting Minimates that I can't wait to add to my collection!

Let's see, characters that have been announced/revealed in the last 2 weeks that have never been in Minimate form:

- Aunt May

- Sin Eater

- Jean DeWolff

- 616 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents

- Boom Boom

- Rictor

- Magma

- Moonstar

- J Jonah Jameson (Counting him because he was really just a slipcover head before)

That's 9 (or 8 if you are going to be stubborn about it) that are brand new characters! Sure, not all of them are characters that we have ever requested, but 9 new characters out of 2 waves is something to be excited about!

This isn't minimate stuff but since this a NYCC news discussion I am seeing pictures of what looks like a large line of Star Wars Squinkies. Man those things have broken into a whole bunch of different toy lines (Marvel, Barbie, Disney Princesses, Hot Wheels, Cars. . . . .)

I like the little cute versions of SW characters but squinkies are just too expensive. You can check out the pics here.

Boom Boom and Rictor are two characters that I didn't get a $#!+ about in the comics, but are getting Minimates that I can't wait to add to my collection!

I absolutely gave a sh**, so you can imagine how excited I am! :lol:

Heck, the first comic I ever read was an X-Cutioner Saga issue of X-Force, which had them, X-Factor, and X-Men (which I had already grown to love because of the cartoon) in it.