UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys announces 1/4 scale figure lines

karamazov80

This comes right on the heels of Enterbay releasing a 1/4 scale, articulated T2 Terminator figure and showing a teaser for a 1/4 scale Batman Begins figure. Feels like HT just won't let up from grinding Enterbay to pieces. They previously did this by employing the movable eyes for the DX figures and taking away Enterbay's primary Bruce Lee sculptor--Arnie Kim--and starting to produce Bruce Lee figures; then, Enterbay combined with Medicom of all companies to produce Star Wars figures that look like Medicom but. . .with nicer paint jobs, and HT followed up by teaming with Sideshow for the Star Wars license.

Anyway, not sure what this means for either of those companies, or for my collecting habits. But it worries me a bit that I will have to actually *gulp* make hard choices on what not to buy in the future :ohmy:

Damn 1/4 scale statues are already taking up too much room in my house. I'm not sure what I would do with 1/4 scale figures, but. . .Batman, Cap, Iron Man, and Terminator are gonna be hard to pass up, for sure.

I had pretty much committed myself to buying that 1/4 scale T2 Terminator, but now that I realize how expansive this might be (in terms of 1/4 scale figures in general) I wonder if I should hold off. I know how much space the damn 1/4 scalers take up.

I have thus far avoided 1/4 scale stuff except a couple of Hulk pieces. I nearly bit way back when the Star Trek pieces were done. A 1/4 Spock seemed logical... Price and space limitations will keep me from pulling the trigger on 1/4 scale 99% of the time. 1% reserved for more 1/4 Hulk stuff or 1/4 scale Bumblebee Barn playset.

Anyway, not sure what this means for either of those companies, or for my collecting habits. But it worries me a bit that I will have to actually *gulp* make hard choices on what not to buy in the future :ohmy:

First World problems. I'd have to see them before I can get all worked up about them.

Enterbay has already released its Terminator, and it looks very, very nice. I can only assume that HT is gonna rival that with their releases, as they've only released solid figures with solid paint apps for the last few years (with an odd "miss" in sculpt or rubber suit QC problem here or there).

I'd love to see a 1/4 scale Hulk figure in real life.

I want one.

I have two of them and they are both taller than my 3 month old son. Massive is a good descriptor.