UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Essex, the X-Force and New Mutants sets finally have me excited over Marvel MiniMates again! Really glad to see Dani Moonstar and Magma along with Boom Boom and Rictor.

Other than those two packs, there really isn't anything else that I love on the Marvel side.

Wow...did not expect Rictor or Booom-Boom. Am really pleased that we get to round out the New Mutants too, Magma especially looks great, maybe she will be translucent?

This might just be me but I will swap out Moonstar's chest and gloves for spare ones from the New Mutants box set. I like team costumes to be consistent and did the same with Magik. I also hope she has removable boots instead of painted ones.

I'm just nit-picking really, am very happy with this wave.

......... and Sun God Spider-Man (his spider sense I'm assuming?) look a bit nuts there, but I'll wait for bigger pics...

Sun God Spider-Man,

Does what no other can.

Breakfast was how it began

Turning into 'Cereal-Man'.

Hounded by the newsman

JJJ the pressman ,

Goblin & the Sandman.

Spidey or the Bag-man,

Nothing ever went to plan

Poor Old Kelloggs Raisin Bran man.

post-638-0-51616100-1318584821_thumb.png

:lol: And now I am going to have "Particle Man" stuck in my head all day!

Wow...did not expect Rictor or Booom-Boom. Am really pleased that we get to round out the New Mutants too, Magma especially looks great, maybe she will be translucent?

This might just be me but I will swap out Moonstar's chest and gloves for spare ones from the New Mutants box set. I like team costumes to be consistent and did the same with Magik. I also hope she has removable boots instead of painted ones.

I'm just nit-picking really, am very happy with this wave.

I hope she'll be translucent too.

I was just thinking the same thing about Moonstar. Also - her gloves seem to have splits in there, where the other NM figures had the solid gloves. I think i have a spare Karma body, so i'll QC Dani to match her teammates as well.

But i am Still VERY excited for this wave.

So this means I have an extra new mutants set and the team is complete? (dontcha just love how i customize characters I have no idea who are?)

Well... there's still Cypher... the guy under the Warlocke head. Originally he wasn't all technorganicy, just a blond kid in a standard New Mutants costume. And the Karma body would make a good base for a 1st costume Kitty Pryde.

And after careful consideration, I think the most appropriate character to fill the eighth slot in this set would be the Jackal. Aside from his obvious ties to Spider-Man, the Jackal is also connected to the Punisher, since Warren tricked Frank into hunting down Spidey in Frank's first ever appearance.

I would absolutely LOVE a new Nick Fury, but i can't imagine he's the 8th; too much retread from the SHIELD Agent and he wouldn't fit the theme. It has to be someone connected to Kingpin; i imagine Sun-God Spidey (new official name?? Can we PLEASE get this on the packaging, DST??) and Punisher will be packed together for obvious reasons. Jackal makes sense, but 2 villains together doesn't; especially not for TRU.

I'm heading back up tomorrow, so we'll see if anyone gets added to the case, and if not i'll try to ask during the panel.

An updated/bulked up Kingpin is awesome!

And more 90s X-Force (basically just missing Warpath at this point) and the remaining members of the New Mutants are being made!? Cool. Please, Please, PLEASE DST, make a bulked up 90s Colossus and a Forge to finish the Blue/Gold teams for the 90s X-Men as well.

Banshee would be cool too, but I think he could be put into the regular comic shop waves with his classic costume and a variant version of his 90s costume...

I wonder if 90s X-Factor would ever be a possibility as well...

Actually, I'm becoming convinced that DST has something against the whole Cassidy clan. No Banshee for X-Men, no Syrin for X-Force, no Black Tom to team up with Juggernaut. Yep, clear descrimentaion against the Irish. And I will continue to believe this until DST proves me wrong by making one or more of them.

I can't wait for Danielle and Magma!

BTW, not only does DST refuse to make Banshee or Siryn, but so does Hasbro! If it weren't for G.I. Joe's Scarlett (Irish-American), I'd say they were biased too.

Ummm...

Banshee was in the very first wave of Marvel Legends that Hasbro produced after picking up the rights from Toybiz.

Which consiquently, I believe might also have been the very first wave of Marvel toys Hasbro produced... period.

Edited by Gillbob316

And after careful consideration, I think the most appropriate character to fill the eighth slot in this set would be the Jackal. Aside from his obvious ties to Spider-Man, the Jackal is also connected to the Punisher, since Warren tricked Frank into hunting down Spidey in Frank's first ever appearance.

I was thinking the same thing though this punisher is not 1st appearance accurate.

BTW, not only does DST refuse to make Banshee or Siryn, but so does Hasbro! If it weren't for G.I. Joe's Scarlett (Irish-American), I'd say they were biased too.

Ummm...

Banshee was in the very first wave of Marvel Legends that Hasbro produced after picking up the rights from Toybiz.

Which consiquently, I believe might also have been the very first wave of Marvel toys Hasbro produced... period.

Considering the the figure they produced, i'm still not entirely convinced they don't have a bias against the irish :P

Edited by Nessex

I mentioned this in the NYCC news, but I'll mention it here also: I was at the con, and was told that Daredevil from the Jean DeWolf wave is doing double duty (packed with Kingpin, naturally). Now, I know that Zack said that there wouldn't be any crossover between the two, but I got the sense that they decided this just a short time ago; at the panel, Zack didn't seem sure which figure from wave 43 would be in the TRU wave. So PLEASE, nobody freak and do the whole "DST said one thing and then contradicted themselves" thing. Stuff happens.

Ummm...

Considering the the figure they produced, i'm still not entirely convinced they don't have a bias against the irish :P

LMAO! :lol: My bad. I never collected Legends (just MU)

Apparently Kang and the Falcon are Irish too.

Who knew their names were really Nathaniel O'Richards and Samuel Fitzwilson.