UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten's lineup is good, but with that glaring omission, it needs some work. I'd like to see an X-Force Is Done TRU wave:

Sunspot/Gideon

Siryn/Warpath

Vanisher/Domino

Wolfsbane/Elixir

Curiously, why does DOm need a re-do? and what look of Wolfsbane is considered x-force? her mutate garb?

You live in Scranton, PL? My wife's from up that way (Tunkannock).

If DST could figure out a way to produce Minimate vending machines, something that could be magically restocked as needed, that would be awesome. Until then, while my fantasy has been to see a 'mates-only endcap, it's good to see various parts of the planogram assimilated by this viral plastic crack addiction.

Can I have the job filing the Minimate Vending Machine? I could be like Santa Claus! *Greatest Job Ever!*

But not horrendous 90's tassels &/or shoulder-pads Warpath.

460579-warpath_01.jpg

off topic but, this costume wouldn't have been nearly as ridiculous if the red aspects had been brown instead (save for the eagle and maybe the headband & mask). it would've matched what Cable was wearing at the time and the tassels would've had more of a leather look to them.

Finishing off X-Force and the New Mutants feels great too. Now bring on 90s X-Factor :thumbsup:

New Mutants is done, yes. However, we're still missing at least Warpath to complete the 90s X-Force.

alas, you are correct, I keep thinking of the X-Men Warpath for X-Force

We've got X-Men Warpath and modern X-Force Warpath. If DST ever gets around to him, an extra head would get us a Thunderbird update as well. We're still missing Warpath, Siryn, and Sunspot to complete the 90's X-Force team.

holy snit, how did I forget about Siryn? I've been impatiently waiting for her and Banshee for soooo long now. :blush:

Can I have the job filing the Minimate Vending Machine? I could be like Santa Claus! *Greatest Job Ever!*

That's the spirit!

But be warned. I'm also working on a vending machine that will take your old toys and recycle them into new ones. So grab your sister's Barbie dolls, dump them into the bin, select the Minimate design of your choice and voilà; instant satisfaction!

Ten's lineup is good, but with that glaring omission, it needs some work. I'd like to see an X-Force Is Done TRU wave:

Sunspot/Gideon

Siryn/Warpath

Vanisher/Domino

Wolfsbane/Elixir

Curiously, why does DOm need a re-do? and what look of Wolfsbane is considered x-force? her mutate garb?

Im guessing this is the X-force Domino he is referring to

x-force_strike_team_earth-616_002.jpg

and this is wolfsbane's X-force look

wolfsbane24.jpg

Can I have the job filing the Minimate Vending Machine?

Would you file it under 'M' or 'V' ?

How about 'MMMV'?

MMMV all the way. That was supposed to be filling. Damn iPhone and my bad eyesight! BTW found these in Harrisburg PA last night & picked an extra set if anyone needs it for cost + shipping. And we definitely need a Siryn to complete X-Force!

Nice pics. Boom-Boom remains the fugliest Minimate in creation.

why? She looks faithful to the 90s x-force style. There's way worse looking mininates (see comic Mary Jane).

I have to admit that I think the 90's X-Force minimates look really cool. A lot of stuff from that time period looks pretty funky on paper but pretty nifty in toy form.

Undeadpool, thanks for posting the pics. Exactly what I was referring to on both counts.

Nifty, sure. Some great pieces like the boots on Rictor that i'd love to have.

But God, those costumes are horrible. The pink lemonade on Boom Boom looks like a cheap Italian track suit, and Rictor is barely wearing a costume. Anything with a neckerchief, even Gambit, is just bad. The mates look better than the characters, but better doesn't mean "good." Not DST's fault, like with ASM, but even if i pick them up (for parts) i won't be displaying them.

Kingpin is so freaking cool though. The paint on the face is some of the crispest linework i've seen on a mate, ever. Really like the two other sets in this wave.

Going back to Punisher, though, he is called "First Appearance" but lacks the white boots and gloves he originally had.

He had the white boots and gloves on the cover, but I think in the actual story he wore this costume.

Boom-Boom is awesome. Riot Spidey is clearly fugliest.

Going back to Punisher, though, he is called "First Appearance" but lacks the white boots and gloves he originally had.

He had the white boots and gloves on the cover, but I think in the actual story he wore this costume.

Boom-Boom is awesome. Riot Spidey is clearly fugliest.

i think the reason it looked white was the shine, on the cover the boots and gloves were definitely white, but inside the comic he wore light grey boots and gloves, though they could be mistaken for white since they had some serious shine

why? She looks faithful to the 90s x-force style.

You answered your own question.

So you don't like 90s Liefeld. No reason to hate on these mates. And as I stated before she's not even close to the fugliest mate. that's MJ or she's at least top 3. You need to backup your haterade with some facts.

why? She looks faithful to the 90s x-force style.

You answered your own question.

So you don't like 90s Liefeld. No reason to hate on these mates. And as I stated before she's not even close to the fugliest mate. that's MJ or she's at least top 3. You need to backup your haterade with some facts.

It's also opinion...no reason to jump down his throat for it. I agree, she's very fugly. Thats the fault of the 90s, but it doesn't mean the mate is any better. MJ is just a sign of age.

So what's the proper way to use Magma's base? I see people inserting it into her foot, but it looks like the base the goes into hair, like Nova's...but I don't seem to have that option. Hmm.

I wondered the same thing about Magmas base...

You're right! I just googled it, and it definitely looks gray/blueish in the comic itself. Been a long time since I had actually read that one, but I'm very familiar with the cover so that is what I think of when I think of Punisher's first appearance.

2001p.jpg

punishericonic6.jpg

I wonder if he was originally intended to have white or the grayish/blue boots and gloves. Seems that someone must have made a mistake in that issue.

It's actually VERY likely they were supposed to be white on the inside. But, like the same issue with Phoenix's original costume, "white" couldn't be printed as it would show through the next page and whatnot, so they were given a color instead. I'd put good money on the boots actually being white, not grey.

You're right! I just googled it, and it definitely looks gray/blueish in the comic itself. Been a long time since I had actually read that one, but I'm very familiar with the cover so that is what I think of when I think of Punisher's first appearance.

2001p.jpg

punishericonic6.jpg

I wonder if he was originally intended to have white or the grayish/blue boots and gloves. Seems that someone must have made a mistake in that issue.

i think what happened was he was intended to have grey boots/globes but since they looked so light on the cover, people assumed they were white, and upon it looking more visually appealing, the look stuck.

also for the Magma question, it is meant for her foot, but her hair leaves enough from for you to balance her on it