UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of the X-Men 1st Class wave... every wave of TRU mates to have more than two exclusive sets has still only had two of them labeled as exclusive for some reason. I don't know why either. Maybe TRU just wants to save money on silver stickers? lol...

In the Fantastic Four wave only two of the four sets were labeled, even though that was the first TRU wave to be entirely unique. Wolverine and Omega Red weren't labeled. Brown Wolverine & Dark Magneto weren't labeled. Battle Damaged Wolverine & Cap weren't labeled.

Most TRU waves to carry more than two exclusives still only had two labled as such. All of those sets were also exclusive to their respective TRU wave, but none carried the silver sticker. I never realized 'til just now that so many had a Wolverine in them (lol)...

Frankly I don't mind when the label is left off... because it seems to keep the scalpers away from them. There have been a few times when I found the two labeled exclusives snatched up, but the unlabeled one was plentiful, lol...

Furthermore, there are lots of re-arranged pairs exclusive to TRU... but strictly speaking the figures aren't exclusive, so I excuse those. But like... Web-Armor Spider-Man and Venom, or 90s Sabretooth & 90s Wolverine for instance, were two pairings that never existed outside TRU, even though the figures were available in other ways.

Edited by Gillbob316

Nice...!! now to figure out the cheapest way to get my hands on a the Punisher and Kingpin sets?

Oh the fun of being a UK Minimates collector! :rolleyes:

If only you knew anyone who would try to pick up an extra for cost and shipping...

Well if anyone can be so kind? :whistling:

So... that Kingpin would make an awesome Big Boss custom with a different head and a hairpiece.

What. I can't be the ONLY one here who wants custom COPS Minimates.

Blob's face, a widow's peak hairpiece and a silver hand should do the trick. Maybe Venkman's hairless cat as a stand in for his weasel pet thing...

Are Spidey/Punisher & Kingpin/DD not TRUs exclusives? I thought this whole wave were just available at TRUs.

They're all TRU exclusives, except Daredevil. Not sure why only two have stickers.

Thanks, like someone else said, must be trying to save money on stickers!

Luke, are you going to be getting any of these in? Not looking forwards to having to pay the Menagerie 12 bucks a figure. (I'm in the UK)

Yes we will be getting a small amount for our international customers, assuming they end up on the TRU web site.

i plan on using some TRU bullseye arms and legs to make classic punisher...though i gotta say this is my favorite look of his since that was the first spiderman issue i ever read :P

i plan on using some TRU bullseye arms and legs to make classic punisher...though i gotta say this is my favorite look of his since that was the first spiderman issue i ever read :P

That's an expensive fix-up. There aren't any other Mates that have black arms with white gloves or black legs with white boots?

That's an expensive fix-up. There aren't any other Mates that have black arms with white gloves or black legs with white boots?

i have 3 of him >.>

1 i used for a custom, 1 i used for my punisher which may be absorbed by this punisher, and one to be bullseye xD

Thanks for the sku, it helps when calling different toys r us, and they think your asking for marbles or minimages

I had a request for the SKU and since it looks like they used a duplicate SKU. It is the "Marvel Wave 10 Minimate" SKU 699788721865. They were 7.49.

ah crap in a hat...my tru actually still has some wave 10 on the pegs. unless i can get them to tell me on-hand stock, idk if the number will do me any good :confused:

Edited by tones