UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked on the Facebook page about the possibility of the Punisher having a spare set of arms/legs so he could have white gloves/boots displayed and was told that the suggestion would be passed along. If anybody else would like that and is one Facebook, please feel free to back me up... or write to DST on their Q & A ballot. :)

Can't do a GR motorcycle, I'm afraid, since their license with Marvel doesn't vehicles. Pray for Lego....

What if they somehow made a cycle that looks exactly like GR's for the MAX line, and included snap on fire pieces for a MAX Firefighter to put out? :D

Can't do a GR motorcycle, I'm afraid, since their license with Marvel doesn't vehicles. Pray for Lego....

What if they somehow made a cycle that looks exactly like GR's for the MAX line, and included snap on fire pieces for a MAX Firefighter to put out? :D

i wonder....is the marvel vs capcom 3 license different from their normal Marvel license? couldnt they just make a GR bike for Ultimate MVC?

A zombie biker would probably look pretty cool on a flaming bike... Although I do wonder how off-limits GR's bike is these days. The Goblin Glider was previously off limits too, right? I'm wondering if there's a difference between accessories and separately packed vehicles. I understand the general prohibition, but there are a few characters that are so reliant on their vehicles that it would make sense to include them under a special provision. That's especially true for Ghost RIDER. It's in his name.

Anyway, characters with transportation accessories:

Prof X (x3)

Green Goblin (x1)

Menace (x1)

New Goblin (x1)

Silver Surfer (x2)

I think the goblin gliders are most definitely vehicles, even if they are simply recreational vehicles as opposed to something more sensible like a station wagon. Sure, Green Goblin probably won't be doing the bulk of his grocery shopping with the glider, but if he's running late to a super-villain meeting, the glider will help him get there in a jiffy, definitely faster than his stylish yet functionally-questionable curly toe boots.

I think a strong argument can be made that Prof. X's wheelchairs aren't vehicles but rather represent a direct extension of Xavier's physical self. On the other hand, this is a guy who can communicate with, control, or even share experiences with anyone telepathically, so you could also argue that his relationship with his wheelchair is less than that of the average person "confined" to a wheelchair as Xavier is arguably not "confined" to a single experience the way others are. In that case, the wheelchair is a vehicle purely for joyriding, and it's a good thing he comes with a Cerebro safety helmet.

I think in Silver Surfer we find the strongest analogy, and a character who is more dependent on his prosthetic travelling device than even Xavier. Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider are both literally defined by their modes of transport. Without a surf board, one is just a naked silver guy who'd soon be hustling the streets of the French Quarter for tourists' pocket change. Without his bike, the other is just a fiery skull in chains and leather, most likely a seasoned yet jaded Ozzfest performer. In either case, we see a man so defined by his mode of tranport that without it his very name is a lie. So if we can't get GR a bike, can we at least get a psychiatrist 'mate to help him work through his dependency issues?

Guys, you can argue semantics all you want... but the license is the license. I think they were FINALLY able to convince the PTB at Marvel that the Goblin Glider is an accessory, but I doubt that they'll be able to do the same with a motorcycle. I also doubt they'd risk straining their relationship with Marvel to shoehorn in "Fireman's Flaming Motorcycle" or something. But, if it means that much to you, ask Chuck a question about it and see if the license has changed.

I think in Silver Surfer we find the strongest analogy, and a character who is more dependent on his prosthetic travelling device than even Xavier. Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider are both literally defined by their modes of transport. Without a surf board, one is just a naked silver guy who'd soon be hustling the streets of the French Quarter for tourists' pocket change. Without his bike, the other is just a fiery skull in chains and leather, most likely a seasoned yet jaded Ozzfest performer. In either case, we see a man so defined by his mode of tranport that without it his very name is a lie. So if we can't get GR a bike, can we at least get a psychiatrist 'mate to help him work through his dependency issues?

Best argument for a Doc Samson I've heard yet.

Blah blah blah

Best argument for a Doc Samson I've heard yet.

Maaaan, Doc Samson would make a great TRU companion to a base X-Factor wave. Which reminds... that X-Factor dream wishlist that someone made... Nessex?... needs to be rethought now that Mr. Sinister has been made. Was it Sinister(AoA variant)/ Multiple Man, Guido/Wolfsbane, Havok/Polaris? Maybe switch Quicksilver for Wolfsbane and have 90s Wolfsbane (Modern X-Force variant)?

I'd love to see Minimates continue to branch out into more marketplaces. There would have to be more variety though, and my wallet is stretched pretty thin as is.

Doc Samson / Rick Jones 2 pack. Works for so many different teams, team ups and general universe filling.

Nessex, was it not you that came up with that dreamlist? Doc Samson/Rick Jones?Twinkie.jpg Greatest universe filling ever.

So... attempting to get back on topic. I'm kind of happy to have to pick up two of the upcoming Daredevils. One I can modify with boots and gloves and the other can stay normal. I don't have a whole lot of faith in my customizing skills even when it only involves a sharpie, so having the back up will be nice. With X-Force... we still need Warpath, Sunspot, and Siryn. Anyone else needed to complete that team? Maybe Caliban? I really do despise Liefeld (seriously, if anything ever happens to me, I want one of you guys to make sure my son knows that Liefeld sucks), but his X-Force team looks really cool as toys. There. I said it. :ohmy:

Yes, DD is appearing in both waves, with Kingpin and with Sin-Eater. I'm fairly certain there won't be anything different about them, but I'll keep you posted. And pretty sure the Spider-sense is translucent, but haven't heard about Magma yet. She's made of molten rock, so I'm not sure that makes sense. Glad you guys like the Kingpin. I love him like crazy.

Yes, DD is appearing in both waves, with Kingpin and with Sin-Eater. I'm fairly certain there won't be anything different about them, but I'll keep you posted. And pretty sure the Spider-sense is translucent, but haven't heard about Magma yet. She's made of molten rock, so I'm not sure that makes sense. Glad you guys like the Kingpin. I love him like crazy.

Zach, the one thing I'd say Magma needs isn't a translucent body but a different hairpiece. In the comics, when she was using her powers, her hair was also "flamed on" and usually up. The hair you guys sculpted for Femme Fatales Medusa would work pretty nicely, I think.

And... you saw our discussion about Avengers Forever there, right? Right!?

Nessex, was it not you that came up with that dreamlist? Doc Samson/Rick Jones?Twinkie.jpg Greatest universe filling ever.

So... attempting to get back on topic. I'm kind of happy to have to pick up two of the upcoming Daredevils. One I can modify with boots and gloves and the other can stay normal. I don't have a whole lot of faith in my customizing skills even when it only involves a sharpie, so having the back up will be nice. With X-Force... we still need Warpath, Sunspot, and Siryn. Anyone else needed to complete that team? Maybe Caliban? I really do despise Liefeld (seriously, if anything ever happens to me, I want one of you guys to make sure my son knows that Liefeld sucks), but his X-Force team looks really cool as toys. There. I said it. :ohmy:

I think what you listed for X-Force about covers it. 90s X-Men as I mentioned before just needs a Colossus (beefed up if possible), Forge, and maybe a Banshee. I kind of wonder if 90s X-Factor will see the light of day maybe at some point to complete the 90s X-related stuff.

a Colossus (beefed up if possible)

I... worry about a bulked up Colossus. Even though he's muscular in the comics, he's never struck me as being "big" like the Hulk. Sometimes he's drawn as being 9 feet tall, sometimes he's more in proportion with the others, but he's never 'roid-raged out. I feel like the bulky thighs and giant feet on him would look all wrong. YMMV.

90's X-Factor is right at the top of my want list. Colossus is a tough one. I completely agree the mega-bulk wouldn't work for him, but the Astonishing version is too small. I still think that the GSXM Colossus is a masterpiece that holds up wonderfully with modern 'mates. The boots add some height and the shirt thing adds some visual mass. You can even add an X-belt to go for a make-do Outback look that looks good. It'd be nice to have a modern version in the mix.