UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the wrong thigh coverings was fairly common with Wave 41 Hulk, and both Red and Green MvC3 Hulks. I had to buy multiples of a few of them to get the right pieces, and I've seen several pictures on the internet (MMDB, ebay, google search) of them with the same problem.

I'd advise DST to stop using these on figures unless they have clearly discernible paint apps on the front, or they start stamping an L and an R on the back. :P

When you consider how much effort goes into printing '20** DST China' on the right leg ....'TM & copyright 20** Marvel' on the left leg.....each & every damn time..... then I would have assumed that getting things like this would have been pretty staight-forward.

Is it just me that thinks that these back-leg tampos are a tad superfluous ? 'DST' ...yep knew that ,'2012' uh huh uh huh,'China' OK I know where that one is :yes: Left leg....yep knew that !!

I was only mentioning this the other day to Brian Braddock although he obviously didn't hear me :rolleyes:

More importantly why have Minimate heads got numbers on them ? Why do the heads now have a hexagonal hole in their centres :unsure:

Per safety testing, the country of origin, manufacturer, and other information must be included on the product. I haven't noticed the numbers you mentioned on the heads but that might be the CPSIA number, a code that gives consumers the info they need in the event of an emergency or recall. It's basically a place & time stamp letting you know where and when (down to which shift) the product was made. That way when you collapse after sucking on your 'mates all week, we'll know which batch had too much lead in it. B)

But I don't think discerning the differences between the legs is the problem. It's the coverings. Even collectors don't even see the differences after they've been pointed out. Obviously the folks on the assembly line are having trouble seeing the subtleties as well.

With respect I know why the info is on the Minimate although I'd argue (not with you :biggrin: ) that a packaged item shouldn't require all this nonsense on it when the package could quite easily have everything necessary . I'm also not saying it is DST's fault ....it's just nonsense. Apparently I'm rubbish at analogies but.... when I was in the pharmaceutical packaging industry it was a legal requirement to adequately display without any reasonable doubt what was in a package ...the drug,the dosage & the side-effects/repercussions of mis-use etc. blah blah blah. A great idea which is absolutely spot-on ......however once the drug is out of the packet ....... :rolleyes:

Don't worry I'm not taking this too seriously .....I just find like this BS.

The heads have mould #s on the underside usually 1-4 .

With respect I know why the info is on the Minimate although I'd argue (not with you :biggrin: ) that a packaged item shouldn't require all this nonsense on it when the package could quite easily have everything necessary . I'm also not saying it is DST's fault ....it's just nonsense. Apparently I'm rubbish at analogies but.... when I was in the pharmaceutical packaging industry it was a legal requirement to adequately display without any reasonable doubt what was in a package ...the drug,the dosage & the side-effects/repercussions of mis-use etc. blah blah blah. A great idea which is absolutely spot-on ......however once the drug is out of the packet ....... :rolleyes:

Don't worry I'm not taking this too seriously .....I just find like this BS.

Not to argue, but don't the pills themselves have a unique coding printed on them. So, in the event they get out of the bottle, they are still identifiable. You can then get out your handy copy of the PDR and find out which pill it is....

:D

I blame Battlestar Galactica.

Don't you mean Caprica? ;)

Edited by Onyx_6

I'm overjoyed to still see Wave 13 available online.

I'm not sure if it's because these were in stores first and then online or if TRU finally increased their quantities but it's great to see that everyone who wants the wave will be able to get them without paying eBay prices.

"pharmaceutical packaging industry"? We just call them drug dealers here in the US BHM. :tongue:

I agree about all the junk they write on these things nowadays. I remember being a kid playing with my Star Wars figures and being annoyed by the raised lettering of the "necessary info" on the figures legs.

I don't recall ever having a problem with TRU.com shipping. Maybe I'm just lucky. Of course now that I've posted that, my Expendables 4-pack will arrive melted and covered in dog shit.

Yeah, I kinda jinxed myself a bit there. No dogshit but my 'mates arrived today in a bubblepack and the blister was a little crushed on one side. Fortunately I'm an opener. Hopefully everything's intact.

Definitely the max 10 was a good change to keep these on the site longer. Having folks buy 25-30 of these to scalp on ebay (Minimates Menagerie) was becoming old for folks that could not log in within 24 hours to buy from TRU.com

Also makes sense if TRU is upping their production #s. The variants from the non movie waves sell like hotcakes from their stores.