UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

Thanks for the pics Zach. They look great. Where may I ask did you snap these? The backgrounds are quite intriguing.

Magma and Punisher were on the platform at Secaucus Junction in New Jersey. Spidey was shot in the Javits Center during Toy Fair, and in front of a lightning background we used for the Universal Monsters display at our booth. The silver walls are parts of the Danger Room you can get with various Marvel Select X-Men. Mirage was in my yard. Rictor on my steps. (They need some work.)

Thanks.

But why on earth do your steps need fixing?

violin_broken.jpg

Ooops, never mind.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, don't give them ideas. Just put the wings on Spider-Woman, don't make them think we want even more rereleases!!

Valo! Thank God you're okay! Some stranger has been logging in using your ID and posting for about a week now. Even starting a thread advocating needed rereleases! Glad to see the real you is back though.

:tongue:

(luv ya, V, mean it)

It was always me Miry. I know this is difficult for some to contemplate, but just because there's a new web accessory doesn't mean we need a new Spider-Woman. I'm sure Captain eyeroll would disagree, but to me it makes more sense to just buy an extra Spider-Man and put the webs on the existing Spider-Woman.

Ridiculous I'm sure...

Its Generalissimo Francisco Eyeroll, get it right.

The eyeroll wasn't at the part reuse suggestion, but at your insistant opinion that DST will take one-off comments in this forum and carve it in stone.

You may not want some reissues of older 'mates, but some of us do, and you are fooling yourself if you think we won't ultimately get several reissues of characters that you may think don't warrant an updated look.

And while we are offering suggestions, those new web arms will also look really good on a new Spidey 2099.

Oh believe me, I know we'll get them. But forgive me if I don't think a new accessory you can just buy another one of warrants yet another rerelease. I don't think that merits it anymore than "I can't find one for retail price so we need a new one." You want the webs on Spider-Woman? Great, toss them on her, we don't need a new Spider-Woman, there's nothing at all wrong with the one we do have. Sure, maybe she's not as completely detailed as some, but she's perfectly fine, she's not like trying to mix Giant Size X-Men Wolverine with modern X-Men 'mates.

I get some of you do want them. Good for you, I'm sure you'll get them, merited or not. But for those of us who have literally been buying 'mates since series one, forgive me if I'm beyond tired of retread after retread for no reason other than the sake of a rerelease. Zach told us we'll likely never get another all-new wave, which sucks in my opinion. I keep hearing what they have to do for new fans, but I'm not hearing anything about what they have to do for long term collectors. You can want your retreads, but those of us who have been in for the long haul don't have to like it, and if you don't want to read it then just skip over it.

Edited by Valo487

I'm not hearing anything about what they have to do for long term collectors.

But we're getting Rictor in this wave. Freaking Rictor! How many Marvel toy lines would dip this deeply into the obscure-o-verse to give us a character on the order of this guy? I know even guys like BHM are getting burned out with the focus on re-duxs, but c'mon. Look at recent box sets? Age of X, Heralds of Galactus, Deadpool Corps, Curse of the Mutants, Future Foundation. I would say that they're doing plenty for the long-time collectors who want something new.

Age of X? Curse of the Mutants? Those are for us? No thanks. And Rictor was made years ago by Toybiz. I'm glad for what we are getting, don't get me wrong, but some people have been asking for Kang for six years. In that time, we've gotten about half a dozen or more versions of the same characters. Wave 44 is the personification of this. It's gotten to the point where two new characters a wave is good, and I'm sorry, but that's never going to be good enough this deep in. I love 'mates and I'll always collect them, but I don't enjoy the feeling of being "unimportant" in comparison to the people who might buy a couple two packs or a box set then move on from 'mates.

Then speak with your wallet, as that is really the only 'voice' we have that can effect any real change.

Support DST when you can by buying retail packs that you want, but if you don't want to buy retreads you can always go to Luke, eBay, or the buy/sell/trade forums here to get the one-off characters that you want.

Zach has said that there are big plans for the 10th anniversary next year,and he is pushing for Wave 50 to be a "fan appreciation" wave.

Well Rictor was probably made in 1992 when he was popular for about a month, so not really a fair comparison IMO. And while I would also like to see a Falcon and Baron Zemo (superior to Kang in nearly every way) as much as the next guy, DST is very clearly trying to balance their focus on new/casual fans with the more hardcore collectors (i.e., us). Just because they haven't yet given us your favorite pet character X doesn't take much away from that in my view.

Edited by karamazov80

In past years, we've gotten 3 to 4 Marvel waves in addition to the movie waves in a year. Is that scaling back to 2 to 3 waves? We've got this one coming out in spring, the Avengers movie wave in summer, and wave 14 in fall/winter, right? Are they going to try to pack one more in around Christmas, or is wave 14 considered the "holiday shopping" wave?

Not sure if there will be a Wave 15 at holiday, but TRU has two more MvC3 waves this year, the Spidey movie wave, and, frankly, a ton of other Minimates assortments from other lines. If it is a scaling back, it might simply be a logistical one.

This isn't about my pet character. I don't have one. But it's fine guys, I'm not interested in derailing this thread anymore. I will never understand why more people aren't as disappointed by the shrinking number of new characters per wave as I feel at times, but I guess it doesn't pay to be around since day one. All I'm asking for is a healthy mix, I don't care who the new characters are as long as we get a good number of them in each wave, but I guess my frustration comes from knowing we are more likely to get a new Spider-Woman when we don't need one than almost anyone on my wishlist.

>sigh<

when you have to explain the joke, it become infinitly less funny, and since mine aren't that funny to begin with...

I was being sarcastic, Valo. The irony of you starting a needed redo thread is that normally, like tonight, you are the loudest, must ardent voice againt reissues in general. In fact, the further irony is that you haven't raised these objections to redoing Jessica Drew when it was suggested over there. Not a critism mind you, just an observation.

I think part of the problem is from DST's perspective, Curse of the Mutants, Deadpool Corps, AoX, Boomer and Richtor are nods to long term fans, they just aren't the nods you want. Mostly mine either. Hopefully the nods they come up with for this convention season will be more our speed.

Age of X? Curse of the Mutants? Those are for us? No thanks. And Rictor was made years ago by Toybiz. I'm glad for what we are getting, don't get me wrong, but some people have been asking for Kang for six years. In that time, we've gotten about half a dozen or more versions of the same characters. Wave 44 is the personification of this. It's gotten to the point where two new characters a wave is good, and I'm sorry, but that's never going to be good enough this deep in. I love 'mates and I'll always collect them, but I don't enjoy the feeling of being "unimportant" in comparison to the people who might buy a couple two packs or a box set then move on from 'mates.

I never said long-term collectors were unimportant. I said that getting new customers was important, whether they're casual buyers, budding long-term collectors or, I don't know, returning long-term collectors who sold off their collections and regretted it. (Not taking an official line, just speaking as a long-term fan and someone who covered failing and successful toy lines for 8 years.) Long-term collectors stop collecting all the time -- not due to retread fatigue, but due to the myriad of reasons that collectors stop collecting -- and we have to encourage new collectors to join, or the numbers would dwindle to the point that the line becomes infeasible. Obviously, we want long-term collectors to keep collecting, but nine years does not make Marvel Minimates an unstoppable juggernaut. I wish it did. We constantly struggle for recognition and validation.

I think we make a LOT of new characters, at least as many as Marvel Universe does on a regular basis. This wave is 50% new, and three of the other four are generally anticipated re-dos. When was the last time Marvel Universe put out a wave that was all new? I'm thinking Wave 1. Heck, Marvel Legends wasn't all-new following wave 4 or 5, with the exception of Wave 13, which sounded good on paper but lingered at retail.

Another thing to remember is that not all long-term collectors are completists, and if every wave was 100% new, it might actually be a financial hardship for some to keep up with. leading to even more attrition. Just my thoughts on line planning. Which I do not do.

Also, I do not think we have a Spider-Woman planned all year.

Edited by Zach Oat

I never said long-term collectors were unimportant. I said that getting new customers was important, whether they're casual buyers, budding long-term collectors or, I don't know, returning long-term collectors who sold off their collections and regretted it. (Not taking an official line, just speaking as a long-term fan and someone who covered failing and successful toy lines for 8 years.) Long-term collectors stop collecting all the time -- not due to retread fatigue, but due to the myriad of reasons that collectors stop collecting -- and we have to encourage new collectors to join, or the numbers would dwindle to the point that the line becomes infeasible. Obviously, we want long-term collectors to keep collecting, but nine years does not make Marvel Minimates an unstoppable juggernaut. I wish it did. We constantly struggle for recognition and validation.

I think we make a LOT of new characters, at least as many as Marvel Universe does on a regular basis. This wave is 50% new, and three of the other four are generally anticipated re-dos. When was the last time Marvel Universe put out a wave that was all new? I'm thinking Wave 1. Heck, Marvel Legends wasn't all-new following wave 4 or 5, with the exception of Wave 13, which sounded good on paper but lingered at retail.

Another thing to remember is that not all long-term collectors are completists, and if every wave was 100% new, it might actually be a financial hardship for some to keep up with. leading to even more attrition. Just my thoughts on line planning. Which I do not do.

Also, I do not think we have a Spider-Woman planned all year.

I just want to add, I started collecting mates due to the diversity in the characters as well as the price for two figures with ridiculous amount of accessories. I will ask for new mates, but I will NOT complain for the mates we are getting. Sorry to get involved. Zach, keep them coming.

I, however, will keep yelling about Kang, and continue to complain everytime he isn't annouced in a new wave or set. (and droning on and on about Marvel history, but that's another matter entirely)

Oh believe me, I know we'll get them. But forgive me if I don't think a new accessory you can just buy another one of warrants yet another rerelease. I don't think that merits it anymore than "I can't find one for retail price so we need a new one." You want the webs on Spider-Woman? Great, toss them on her, we don't need a new Spider-Woman, there's nothing at all wrong with the one we do have. Sure, maybe she's not as completely detailed as some, but she's perfectly fine, she's not like trying to mix Giant Size X-Men Wolverine with modern X-Men 'mates.

I get some of you do want them. Good for you, I'm sure you'll get them, merited or not. But for those of us who have literally been buying 'mates since series one, forgive me if I'm beyond tired of retread after retread for no reason other than the sake of a rerelease. Zach told us we'll likely never get another all-new wave, which sucks in my opinion. I keep hearing what they have to do for new fans, but I'm not hearing anything about what they have to do for long term collectors. You can want your retreads, but those of us who have been in for the long haul don't have to like it, and if you don't want to read it then just skip over it.

But i feel like DST do a LOT for the old school fans. just of the top of my head: Gamora, Spymaster, Jean De Wolf, Sin Eater, Stilt Man, Classic/FA Mandarin, Morg, Kree Sentry, Kronan Stone Man, Nimrod, White Tiger, Doombots, Selene - just to name a few.

Some of those have never seen any form of toy before.

and some of us can not customise. we are not gifted with our hands :( so even if we were around when Spider

Woman got released (wave 10, maybe?) we might not be able to 'just fix her'.

Don't get me wrong. I would always rather new characters. But if it comes down to DST releasing another spiderman - or a new spiderwoman? I'll take the new Spider Woman (with wings ;) )

But i feel like DST do a LOT for the old school fans. just of the top of my head: Gamora, Spymaster, Jean De Wolf, Sin Eater, Stilt Man, Classic/FA Mandarin, Morg, Kree Sentry, Kronan Stone Man, Nimrod, White Tiger, Doombots, Selene - just to name a few.

Some of those have never seen any form of toy before.

Wrong version of Gamora, bucko. That ain' no classic fishnet awesomeness. :yucky:

In past years, we've gotten 3 to 4 Marvel waves in addition to the movie waves in a year. Is that scaling back to 2 to 3 waves? We've got this one coming out in spring, the Avengers movie wave in summer, and wave 14 in fall/winter, right? Are they going to try to pack one more in around Christmas, or is wave 14 considered the "holiday shopping" wave?

Double checked my schedule, There will be a Wave 15 this fall, supposedly. Line-up is still in flux.

Edited by Zach Oat

Double checked my schedule, There will be a Wave 15 this fall, supposedly. Line-up is still in flux.

I didn't see any mention of Firelord or Airwalker from toy fair, and in on of the Q & A's it was said that they would be in a wave this year sometime. I'm hoping this is still true. So, I'm just wondering if you heard anything about these guys at all?

Edited by Ocelot11

Good to hear!

KANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANGKANG

:tongue: