UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

TRU wave 13 is:

Boom-Boom/Rictor

Moonstar/Magma (I guessed this correctly!)

Kingpin/Punisher

Spider Sense Spider-Man/Daredevil

tru_13-1024x616.jpg

Original post below:

--------------------------------------

I predict this wave line-up will be shown in December:

Miles Spider-Man/Big Rhino

Japan Era Wolverine/Silver Samurai

Maestro Hulk/Doc Samson

Moonstar/Magma

Edited by Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess, Valo, Zach's coyly asking what if wave 13 had nothing to do with Wave 43.

But then Jatta also thinks we'll have a Death of Jean DeWolff wave without Jean so...

p.s. we really need to come up with an official short hand to differentiate the LCS waves from the TRU waves besides the numerical disparity.

Edited by Mirymate

Hmmmm. Do we drop the Hulk or Wolverine set for the Heralds? Maestro and Lenny, or Silver Samurai? I'd love all three of them, even if it meant getting another Wolverine.

I think that Ken Harada will eventually get a mate when Wolverine 2 gets made... asuming it every does get made. And call me crazy, but I think that the Samurai's 616 costume will translate pretty darn well to a live action movie. So a movie Samurai may well work as a 616 substitue.

Stop! Stop IT! ALL OF YOU.

Don't be raising my hopes up like this with talk of Moonstar, Magma, Firelord, Air Walker, Silver Samurai, Bulked Rhino and such!!!

I wont survive the heartbreak when the real wave comes out :(

Would you like me to play moc now, and pour cold water all over this thread and stay it's going to be the Heralds, Miles & Ult. Shocker, X-Force Nightcrawler & Hope, Bastion & Frenzy

Would you like me to play moc now, and pour cold water all over this thread and stay it's going to be the Heralds, Miles & Ult. Shocker, X-Force Nightcrawler & Hope, Bastion & Frenzy

hey don't drag me into this, I am sure we are getting, Falcon, Kang, and Jocasta with this wave. :)

hey don't drag me into this, I am sure we are getting, Falcon, Kang, and Jocasta with this wave. :)

And Moonstone Moondragon, darn it! You keep forgeting Moonstone Moondragon! B)

(and I need to stop posting after 11:00PM so I can make moderately more sense)

Edited by Mirymate

Why do you think it will be the last six?

My logic goes like this:

Wave 10 was announced in December 2010 and it shared only one set with the LCS wave. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that none will share with an LCS this time around. If you break down wave 10 it is:

Spidey with current storyline pairing

Wolverine with classic storyline pairing

Set completion pair

Set completion pair

Wave 9 is similar:

Spidey with classic pairing

Wolverine with classic pairing

Set completion pair

Set completion pair

You have to go all the way back to Wave 7 to get any Hulk Minimates (aside from Mega Rage update).

So the Hulk pantheon is do for some attention this time around. It is too early for Firelord and Airwalker, I peg them for Wave 15. Moonstar and Magma have probably been in the hopper for awhile now, and they will complete the New Mutants.

The only one I'm unsure about is Wolverine/Silver Samurai. It would basically be a Minimates version of the Hasbro 4" two pack on shelves now. Maybe there is another Wolverine/villain pairing that would make sense, but I'm struggling to identify a uniform that hasn't been covered.

So...this is a diverse set that should satisfy a range of collectors while completing yet another set.

Isn't Miles penned for Summer 2012? If Wave 13 compliments Wave 43, I doubt we'll see Miles in it, unless he is getting released earlier than expected.

...X-Force Nightcrawler...

And a big YES to X-Force Nightcrawler.

Isn't Miles penned for Summer 2012? If Wave 13 compliments Wave 43, I doubt we'll see Miles in it, unless he is getting released earlier than expected.

...X-Force Nightcrawler...

And a big YES to X-Force Nightcrawler.

I didn't see anything about Miles being Summer or anything saying TRU 13 compliments Wave 43. Where did you see that?

I didn't see anything about Miles being Summer or anything saying TRU 13 compliments Wave 43. Where did you see that?

Summer is from the Marvel.com release.

http://marvel.com/news/story/16653/miles_morales_ucsm_minimate_coming_soon

Miles will join the Marvel Minimates toy line next summer...

As for the TRU13/Wave43, all we know, I think, is the tease Zach mentioned of hinting that there may not be repacks between the two. Not sure if that means the two compliment each other, though.

here's exactly what he said. Take that for what it's worth. No time for a drawn out reveal between now and NYCC next weekend though.

The more I look at it, the more I think, if TRU13 is all-new and they incorporate Spider-Man characters at all, I wouldn't mind the Flash Thompson Venom in a two-pack with someone. Do I like this being Venom? Hell no. Do I like Flash Thompson being a superhero? Hell no. Do I think the design would look awesome as a minimate? Hell yes.

How about X-Force Nightcrawler with X-Force Wolfsbane?

I'm all for that, especally if she could double up as modern X-Factor Wolfsbane.

...anything saying TRU 13 compliments Wave 43. Where did you see that?

Nothing, it's just a theory I have as Wave 12 is complimenting Wave 42 and the two TRU MvC3 waves are complimenting the LCS waves. I could be clean wrong (someone did mention Zach's hints about it being seperate, much like Wave 8 was) so just see it as a theory.

While I can't agree with your all capital letters shouting at my face, I can agree that Sauron and Annihilus minimates are also on my most wanted list.

Yes on Annihilus. How about a collection of Marvel Cosmic boxsets based around DnA's excellent comics. I can think of about five or six off the top of my head.

Edited by pawcanada