UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More offerings from DC that are not minimates

Nessex

"BLOX: Urban Art with distinctive cut-out styling and sculpted details, which are displayed in a mostly flat way. Bringing a whole new ANGLE to stylized vinyl, these BLOX stand freely at 7" tall and they measure 1.5" in depth. Vinyl figures with a serious EDGE, they most certainly don't fall FLAT!"

Not yet anyway.....give it a month and they will fall flat......flat into a clearance bin.

.......Good Lord DC......

Um, I actually have the General Mills cereal monster Blox from SDCC and I kind of like them in a weird way. They actually made a Batman that came out at SDCC also (it was a metallic version of the regular release that will come out with the Joker).

And for what it's worth, the Blox are made by Funko, the company that's done bobbleheads and other such off-the-beaten-path collectibles for a while. That's DC wobblers, computer sitters, Funko Force, Plushies and Pop! figures. And the Pop! vinyl figures have been a huge success from what it looks like and I'm sure that's why when they introduced Blox that DC was willing to go with it (oddly, there'll also be a Gene Simmons in this line of figures). I say all this to say that you can't just look at these as DC just trying something new, but more of them just branching out their product line with Funko. And after spending some time now on the Funko message boards, you really can't compare Funko to any other company-they are very unique and so are their fans.

Well let's see, we've had inverted pyramids, and fat, now we get flat. I guess super stretched out skinny will be next.

Or for throwing at the head of the next DC executive you see.

I'm gonna dress my dog up as a DC executive and go to town!

FYI, here's a good DC executive dog costume for anyone with the same idea:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5805208202P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM5805208202