UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

Oh, we're very, very curious to know what you're planning. Hope we see it sooner rather than later.

And now that you had to go and prove you're listening... For the love of Pete, Make KANG already!!!:thumbsup:

Ahem. I feel better now.:whistling:

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of which people have asked for, and some of which you would have never thought you'd see.

Has my two-post 'Make Grizzly!' campaign finally paid off?

I'm surprised DSTChuck hasn't slated more goofy Spidey villains before now. The only reason I can think of is that Grizzly would need a fully-sculpted, bulked-up body. But where's the Kangaroo?

I think we can all agree that DC 'mates should come back, but I don't think Tapeworm is going to be the one that brings them back... :unsure:

Forget him. Where's the Hypno-Hustler?

Hypno-Hustler/1st Appearance Dazzler pack!!!

And now that you had to go and prove you're listening...

Careful, Zach. We're like that awkward girl you ask to dance at the party because you feel bad she's just standing there, and then she starts calling every day and telling her stuffed animals all about you and takes secret pictures of you to put up around her vanity and carves TOGETHER 4-EVER!!!!!!! on the hood of your car.

And now that you had to go and prove you're listening...

Careful, Zach. We're like that awkward girl you ask to dance at the party because you feel bad she's just standing there, and then she starts calling every day and telling her stuffed animals all about you and takes secret pictures of you to put up around her vanity and carves TOGETHER 4-EVER!!!!!!! on the hood of your car.

:blink:

2) Not sure, but if we are strictly talking core Marvel 616 characters, it's possible. Close, but possible. I think the biggest hurdle right now is that MU has produced some of the characters that have been in Minimate Wish lists for some time... People are seeing these characters being done in MU and feeling like we are missing out while getting more Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man variations.

I think this is exactly right. Minimates certainly has the largest representation of the Marvel universe, even if you were only to count current style and the not the earlier waves. But MU has done a surprisingly good job at incorporating a wide variety of characters, especially ones (Wrecking Crew, Constrictor, Darkhawk) that have not been made before. I think this makes it feel like Marvel minimates are falling behind even if it isn't true when you look at the selection of characters.

2. AREN'T we the biggest representation of the Marvel Universe? Has Marvel Universe overtaken us already in terms of the number of different characters? I don't think Legends has, and I'm not counting Heroclix, that's for sure. I should probably do this research myself, but if someone's already done it, let me know.

I can't speak to MU, but here's a DB extract of Minimate characters for your new research project. :) (Spoiler tags used to protect the innocent.)

Abomination

Absorbing Man

Adam Warlock

Agent Coulson

Agent Zero

AIM Soldier

Apocalypse

Archangel

Ares

Arnim Zola

Asgardian Guard

Atlantean Soldier

Azazel

Balder the Brave

Beast

Ben Reilly

Beta Ray Bill

Betty Ross

Beyonder

Bishop

Black Bolt

Black Cat

Black Panther

Black Widow

Blackheart

Blade

Blink

Bruce Banner

Bucky

Bullseye

Cable

Cannonball

Captain America

Captain Britain

Captain Marvel

Carnage

Chameleon

Cloak

Colossus

Crimson Dynamo

Crossbones

Cyclops

Dagger

Daredevil

Deadpool

Destroyer

Domino

Doombot

Dr. Doom

Dr. Octopus

Dr. Strange

Dracula

Drax the Destroyer

Dreadnought

Dum Dum Dugan

Eddie Brock

Electro

Elektra

Emil Blonsky

Emma Frost

Fantomex

Feral

Firestar

Frost Giant

Gabe Jones

Galactus

Gambit

Gamora

General Ross

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin

Gwen Stacy

Hammer Drone

Hand Ninja

Hank Pym

Happy Hogan

Havok

Hawkeye

Hellfire Club Guard

Hercules

Hobgoblin

Howard Stark

Hulk

Human Torch

Hydra Agent

Hydroman

Iceman

Iron Fist

Iron Man

Iron Monger

Iron Patriot

Jane Foster

Janet Van Dyne

Jean Grey/Phoenix

Jewel

Jigsaw

Jim Rhodes

Johnny Blaze

Jubilee

Juggernaut

Justin Hammer

Kingpin

Kitty Pryde

Klaw

Kraven

Kree Soldier

Lady Deathstrike

Lady Sif

Lizard

Lockjaw

Loki

Luke Cage

Magik

Magneto

Mandarin

Mariko

Mary Jane

Meggan

Menace

Mephisto

Mephistopheles

Mob Thug

Mole Man

Molecule Man

Moon Knight

Moonstone

Morph

Mr. Fantastic

Mr. Negative

Mr. Sinister

Ms. Marvel

Multiple Man

Mysterio

Mystique

Namor

Nemesis

New Goblin

Nick Fury

Nightcrawler

Nimrod

Nitro

Norman Osborn

Nova

Odin

Omega Red

Peggy Carter

Penance

Pepper Potts

Peter Parker

Photon

Polaris

Power Man

Professor Xavier

Psylocke

Punisher

Quicksilver

Rachel Grey/Summers

Radioactive Man

Raza

Red Skull

Rhino

Rogue

Ronin

Roxanne

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent

Sabretooth

Sandman

Scarlet Witch

Scorpion

Selene

Selvig

Sentinel

Sentry

Shatterstar

Shaw

She-Hulk

Shocker

Silver Fox

Silver Sable

Silver Surfer

Ska'ar

Skrull

Spider-Carnage

Spider-Girl

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Spymaster

Stilt Man

Stone Man

Storm

Sunfire

Sunspot

Super Skrull

Susan Storm Richards

Swordsman

Tarantula

Taskmaster

Thanos

The Blob

The Caretaker

The Leader

Thing

Thor

Thunderbird

Titanium Man

Tony Stark

U.S. Agent

Ultron

Union Jack

Valkyrie

Vault Guard

Venom

Vision

Volstagg

Vulture

War Machine

Warlock

Warpath

Whiplash

White Tiger

Wolfsbane

Wolverine

Wonder Man

X-23

The rowcount is 225. There's a bit of duplication because of things like Tony Stark and Iron Man being listed separately and potential errors in my Marvel knowledge. It also includes scheduled but unreleased figures (like Arnim Zola).

Not to argue with Ivan, but by my count we have (or will have) 192 different 616 characters represented in minimate form, some with multiple aliases (I count Brock-Venom and Anti-Venom as one character on my list) as well as multiple costumes or redos. 46 alternate Universe characters, including Zombies, Ultimates, and guys like Miguel O'Hare. And 65 characters from the Marvel Movies. Add those up however you like, or just go with Ivan's numbers. He, after all, is the man.

If we got the Serpent Society, I'd be hisssssterical.

No kidding, Death Adder. Black Mamba. Cobra. Rattler. Bushmaster. Asp. Diamondback. Sidewinder. Anaconda. Cottonmouth. Obscure villain heaven and that's just the first lineup! All those guys had appeared other places before, the subsequent members were created just for the team, making them even MORE obscure!! Oh the mind boggles...

As soon as DST finished all the members of the Masters of Evil, versions 1-4 (see I'm being reasonable), then that's the villain team they can start working on... Okay after finishing the classic Frightful Four (would you guys really be steamed if I wanted Sandman in his Wizard designed FrF Kirby-tastic costume?) and the Brotherhood/Factor Three/Freedom Force gang.

Please new characters.

Shocker and the multiple Sandmen look great, an update would be a waste of a character slot when there are so many unreleased Spiderman Villains.

Mobius is in no way a second string character and could be a really simple mate to make with existing sculpts. Molten man and Tombstone could also be easy without new parts, but I remember Chuck saying that sculpts were not the issue for cost, but tampos kill their bottom line.

if they do bring on the sculpted peices, let it be spent on Rhino so he can actually look in scale in comparison to the rest of the Spidey villains.

a mix of new versions of major characters (which people DO want, and which the line DOES need, both for sales and to match what's come since)

He could just be talking about a stylistic update (i.e., more detailed tampos), but there aren't a lot of major Spidey characters that haven't been done in the "new" style. I'd guess this phrase does point to a bulked-up Rhino — a major villain who hasn't been redone recently. Otherwise, a Kraven with a sculpted lion vest would be nice.