UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I have also contacted customer service multiple times regarding the similar QC issues. I did not get a reply or replacement. I did get a response once in the past, but it was for some missing Rocky hair pieces. Since then I have gotten into the habit of buying 2 of every mate, and keeping any poor QC sets for custom fodder.

I just bought a small army of these new Shield Minimates, and I can't help but enjoy the older Ultimate Shield version more.

It's not nostalgia, its because The older Shield Minimates version looked much more "army" like and I really enjoyed the realistic fatigues, helmet/goggles and AK weapon they came with. The new 616 version chest piece looks really awkward, and the weapons look very tiny. I also cannot imagine sending an "army" of any kind to fight super human threats without protective helmets or weapons that hold less than 20 rounds.

The 616 costume would look great on a "white" Nick Fury, but an army of unprotected and unarmed agents quite frankly looks sorta weird right now. I feel like I need to buy a set of minimate weapons from ebay or swap out for custom Dum Dum, Fury, Hill, and Danvers.

Edited by highassroller

I mean no disrespect to the real-life guys who combat crime & terrorism wearing helmets & kevlar using state of the art weaponry but when I see them in just about any US show I cry out "they're gonna die" & 9 out of 10 times they do. :sad:

Much safer with no helmet & a damn fine holster.

Twisted, that perspective makes sense, but only if you disregard Marvel comic history, and start your own Minimate mythos.

Historically speaking 616 Shield soldiers are just as easily killed in comics as any "background army". Often the 616 Shield agent is also a story tool to insert a traitor that has been replaced by an AIM or Hydra agent. For Shield "special spies" Marvel has often used other Shield or Marvel characters for infiltration in both 616 and Ultimate Universe:

Black Widow (616 and Ultimate)

Punisher (616 and Ultimate)

Hawkeye (616 and Ultimate)

Wolverine (616 and Ultimate)

Cap America (616 and Ultimate)

Edited by highassroller

Army's probably not the right word to describe how many SHIELD agents I want. I want a bunch of very specific characters who share a uniform. I don't think I intend to leae any of mine as the basic agent. So far, I've got Fury, Dum Dum, Gabe, Jasper Sitwell, and Clay Quartermain. If I track down anymore, I've got a list of other agents I want to QC them into. I really, really like the 616 version of SHIELD in case anyone's wondering.

Here's a really crappy phone camera pic of my SHIELD set-up right now:

post-2133-0-53137700-1331255083_thumb.jp

Army's probably not the right word to describe how many SHIELD agents I want. I want a bunch of very specific characters who share a uniform. I don't think I intend to leae any of mine as the basic agent. So far, I've got Fury, Dum Dum, Gabe, Jasper Sitwell, and Clay Quartermain. If I track down anymore, I've got a list of other agents I want to QC them into. I really, really like the 616 version of SHIELD in case anyone's wondering.

Here's a really crappy phone camera pic of my SHIELD set-up right now:

post-2133-0-53137700-1331255083_thumb.jp

I'm much the same way. Already have my Jasper Sitwell, Dum Dum, Gabe and Clay heads/hair set out for when my SHIELD guys arrive in the mail, with my Jimmy Woo head/hair on the way in the mail. I'll still want several generic soldiers as well, though.

Edited by Mystery Man

I'm much the same way. Already have my Jasper Sitwell, Dum Dum, Gabe and Clay heads/hair set out for when my SHIELD guys arrive in the mail, with my Jimmy Woo head/hair on the way in the mail. I'll still want several generic soldiers as well, though.

Jimmy Woo! I knew I was forgetting someone important. What hair/head are you using for him?

Jimmy Woo! I knew I was forgetting someone important. What hair/head are you using for him?

Gonna start off with Agent Zero and see how it goes from there. :)

I figured to keep with the trend, this had to happen....

f8249909-1.jpg

well that made me smirk. I can just imagine the AA/DST offices with one massive groan as they see more naked minimates being posted. They must have a collective thought we give them all these cool characters and what do they do with them...they make them nude :lol:

(Sits back and awaits the artsy life art nude Aunt May)

STOP QUOTING THOSE PICTURES!! :lol:

Once is bad enough, and everyone starts complaining about them, but then they quote them with every complaint, turning it into 10 of the same picture! :rolleyes:

Work is the only place where I have time to really visit message boards, and all these pics are gonna get me fired... :down:

STOP QUOTING THOSE PICTURES!! :lol:

Once is bad enough, and everyone starts complaining about them, but then they quote them with every complaint, turning it into 10 of the same picture! :rolleyes:

Work is the only place where I have time to really visit message boards, and all these pics are gonna get me fired... :down:

Lol! Tenime, if naked pictures of block figures with conveniently placed items over their genitalia (which isn't there) gets you fired, I highly recommend not working there anymore.

Got my set yesterday (thanks Luke!); I wasn't sure I wanted to get all of them, since I already made serviceable customs of Aunt May and Jonah, but once I realized how coocoo for Coco Puffs you guys all were for the SHIELD Agents, I figured I'd better not snooze (since I don't want to loose). And I'm glad I did; this is a great set all around. Black Spidey is easily the best we've seen of this particular costume, and Daredevil's nice as well. Remember the days when an extra hairpiece for Daredevil counted as a VARIANT?!

Jean and Sin-Eater take their places as the most obscure Marvel Minimates ever, I think, but both are nicely executed, and the extras are great (am I the only one that upgraded their Commissioner Gordon custom with the badge hand?). Jonah and May really shine, and I'm glad I decided I needed them. Particularly Triple J, since he's got so many great extras.

But yeah, it's all about the SHIELD Agents. Just so great. I stuck my Duggan head on one body, and I'll surely be picking up a few more (it helps that JJJ is that nice bright blue that's so good for customs). I hope that DST has recognized the demand for SHIELD agents and is looking for ways to get more into circulation (I don't think anyone would complain if they ended up in a future TRU wave, or at least a new Fury with the same body). My only quibble would be that it would have been cool if DST had put the other hairpiece on the variant, but I'm not a MIP guy so I guess it doesn't really matter.

All in all, great job DST! I hope this wave's been a big seller for you! :highfive2:

T

My only quibble would be that it would have been cool if DST had put the other hairpiece on the variant, but I'm not a MIP guy so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Sure, we make the blond agent the rare chase, then for some reason Aunt May comes with mostly redheaded agents, and next thing you know you guys are calling it "SHIELDGate" and our list of major screw-ups gets one longer. No thanks! :tongue:

But I'm glad people like the wave! Can't wait to get mine...