UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and while I'm here, I'd like to offer up some 'big love' for Zach. He seems to post over here a whole lot, and is always ready to get involved with debate, whether its to take praise or offer criticism.

I know you don't have to be here, so thanks for taking the time big man, much love xxx

2nded. We really appreciate the time you put in to visiting our little community here.

If it's JJJ on the right, well you customizers who've shown them just how easy he would be to make from a GB Mayor have only yourselves to blame on that one. I

From the silhouette JJJ looks like he's wearing the Professor X suit and vest piece. Which means my Mayor-vest wearing JJJ custom will be suitably unique...

I wonder what everyone would say if I told them that TRU Wave 13 shares zero figures with this wave?

Oh, and four of those blacked-out figures are Spider-Men. One is wearing a dress. :highfive2:

I would say that I'm very curious to see TRU Wave 13 now. Any chance it'll be revealed at NYCC as well?

And I look forward to Prom Dress Spider-Man very much.

I wonder what everyone would say if I told them that TRU Wave 13 shares zero figures with this wave?

As long as Kang is involved, you can put the just about whoever you want in the other seven slots...

(apparently as long as it's not more Deadpools, Caps, Thors, Iron Men or Wolverines. YMMV and some restrictions may apply, so be sure to call the operators who are surely standing by.)

Oh, and four of those blacked-out figures are Spider-Men. One is wearing a dress. :highfive2:

Well played, sir, well played.

If Mr. Oat is right about TRU 13 being completely unique, I think it would greatly increase enthusiasm for this wave. Don't get me wrong, I like obscure characters like the Sin Eater, but I had visions of Fearsome Foes dancing in my head. We'll see. I've decided to be more optimistic, this line is still the best representation of the Marvel Universe, at least to me. I could do with fewer repeats, but I don't want my hopes for certain things to take precedent over the positives. Fingers crossed.

If Mr. Oat is right about TRU 13 being completely unique, I think it would greatly increase enthusiasm for this wave. Don't get me wrong, I like obscure characters like the Sin Eater, but I had visions of Fearsome Foes dancing in my head. We'll see. I've decided to be more optimistic, this line is still the best representation of the Marvel Universe, at least to me. I could do with fewer repeats, but I don't want my hopes for certain things to take precedent over the positives. Fingers crossed.

Considering he's DSTZach, i think it's a safe bet he's telling the truth. :P

I still hope DeWolff is just an excuse to get another Chameleon out of us...

1. I was joking about the five Spider-Men.

2. I MIGHT be joking abut a Spider-Man in a dress.

3. This is NOT the Miles Morales wave. He's in a TRU wave.

Also, no matter what storyline this set is from, the Death of Jean DeWolff is definitely a great read. Any Spidey fan should read it. It's collected in Wizard's Spider-Man Masterpiece Edition, among others.

1. I was joking about the five Spider-Men.

No, you don't say.

2. I MIGHT be joking abut a Spider-Man in a dress.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3. This is NOT the Miles Morales wave. He's in a TRU wave.

Which may or may not be Wave 13, if, big if, wave 13 has nothing to do with Wave 43. (he didn't say for sure it wasn't related)

I thought this wave would be a homerun or a bomb, but reactions may end up perfectly split.

For me, the more obscure the better. I see Marvel Minimates going another 43 waves over the next seven years, so it's a lot of fun getting C-Listers or D-Listers along the way. I'll get my Kang.

Been sick all day, so of course I missed out on the initial fun. Drat!

It's definetly classic SHIELD soldiers. For those of you who have read the story, the Sin Eater was a cop that was an ex-SHIELD agent himself. It ties in perfectly. As much as I'd love to see Aunt May, she didn't play much of a role at all in this (that I can recall), so the skirted figure to black Spidey's right is definetly Jean herself. The character on the far right is holding something, so it could be either JJJ, Robbie Robertson (who played a bigger role in the story than JJJ) or even Matt Murdock in lawyer duds with court papers. Sin Eater is a dead giveaway in the far left back with his shotgun. It's the character directly to the left of Spidey that we can see much at all that intrigues me. I'm hoping it's Betty Brant (who also played a kind of big role in the story).

While not as exciting as the Deadly Foes we all set ourselves up with hoping for, it could definetly be worse. I just hope there's only the one black costumed Spidey in this set.

As for this set sharing no characters with the TRU Series 13, that's very interesting.

For me, the more obscure the better. I see Marvel Minimates going another 43 waves over the next seven years, so it's a lot of fun getting C-Listers or D-Listers along the way. I'll get my Kang.

Thanks for putting this into context because that cheers me up immensely .....seriously :thumbsup: I'm getting nervous that my choice of obscure characters will never show & I can't help wearing my disappointed heart on my sleeve .

I have wanted a new DD for ages but I so wanted him to be ....y'know..... right & I just know that he'll be a red plastic blank with DD in black on his chest . He's got to be one of he simplest (cheapest) characters to produce so I implore DST to put some effort into him ......like youbastard's custom .....with total respect to all you customisers ,customs shouldn't surpass production Minimates although they often do.

Maybe I'm going to be wrong .....I love being wrong.

Upon further reflection, it seems the figure to the left of Spidey has a skirt. Also, note the rounded part at the bottom of the Sin Eater's torso. This could correspond to where the hairpiece would go on the figure in front of it, meaning it could be rounded... like Jean's berret she always wore.