UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

We've got a LOT of speculation going for an all Spidey wave. I know it's not been officially declared that it wont be a Spidey wave, but didn't Zach mention that Miles is for a TRU Exclusive 2-pack & NOT tied into a LCS wave?

Don't want to be the bubble-burster, but i also don't wanna see angry fandom meltdown when wave 43 turns out not to be an 'Obscure Spidey' Wave.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they given a concrete statement on how close variants need to be? Not trying to call you out or anything, I'm just curious.

I cannot give you an exact quote, (NR? NorthRaider? Need a look up here, my friend) but I do remember a statement that variants were going to be limited to variations of the non-chase figure rather than a different character. It seems to me they started this rule about the same time as they started the army builders, but it may be earlier. They justify the Spider-Girl/Ult. Spider Woman sets by the characters being so very similar. (in theory) Of course, they also once promised to never re-release a chase figure later on. So whatchagonnado?

We've got a LOT of speculation going for an all Spidey wave. I know it's not been officially declared that it wont be a Spidey wave, but didn't Zach mention that Miles is for a TRU Exclusive 2-pack & NOT tied into a LCS wave?

Don't want to be the bubble-burster, but i also don't wanna see angry fandom meltdown when wave 43 turns out not to be an 'Obscure Spidey' Wave.

Can't speak for the rest of the gang, but I for one am operating under the assumption that we're guessing a combination of Zach's clue, and Chuck's "spider-wave with SHIELD army builder" comment. Whether that's 43 or not, I know not. Wheher the comments are related, I know not. But that's the game we're playing right now. If we're wrong, so be it.

I hope if they do a SHIELD army builder they'll include a female torso piece as well. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing two separate army builders. A Generic Male one & a generic female one. I know it's contentious to be requesting double-ups of army builders when we have so many yet to make, but Shield is one group that could really do with proper treatment. The female ones could some with a reversible head and short dark Maria Hill hair & longer, blonde whats-her-name hair too!

It's kind of an army builder while also getting two specific characters :P

Dude they could do an entire SHIELD LCS wave to my mind. Nick, Dum-Dum, Gabe, Clay Quatermaine, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, and generic soldiers. And that would still be leaving out Jasper, Val, Peggy, and G.W. Bridge.

I'd like a transformation carnage with removable parts like the transformation venom. Hobgoblin with dark face similar to magnetos alt. Head with glider and a morbius. Amazing bag man variant. 1st appearence punisher with a Spiderman.Peter Parker with a camera web shooters? How about a spider man man spider like the six arm Spiderman but with spider claws and it might need a head sculpt with fangs that would be cool!!!

Not horrible, really. That new Black Suited Spidey, while annoying, is a nice improvement. JJJ and Aunt May are always welcome, of course. And I may have been one of the biggest advocates of a new Daredevil and the SHIELD Agents, so it's extremely cool to get them finally.

What stands out the most is Jean Dewolff. I didn't know who she was so i resorted to Google. Got a few in her skirt/hat outfit which seems to be the one we're getting, but in one of them, someone ELSE is in that outfit:

Chameleon. Is it possible we'll get an alternate head for him with Jean??

That's... an interesting way to justify (much-needed) updates to two figures we would otherwise complain about as wasted slots... on the whole, though, it seems like a bit of a soft wave. Two anchor characters surrounded by a really, really obscure villain who hasn't appeared in almost 25 years, and (if the JJJ/Aunt May guesses are right), two not-super-exciting civilians (sorry, I say that considering the perspective of a casual collector, not a hard-core completist). It looks like that army builder (?) has some kind of hat thing on... could that just be a police officer and not a SHIELD agent? It kind of looks like glove cuffs on there, too... hmmm...