UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Repro 1979 Kenner Alien Box

jason4444

I'm working on a reproduction box for my 1979 alien figure. This is kind of a test run. Here is my original box.

6136859853_2027d37c9e_z.jpg

I flattened the box and scanned it. The image is 31" X 34" and cost $50.00 just to print it. I wish I would have waited and corrected all the flaws on the original scan. The 2nd box I make I'll correct all the tears and bends. Like I said this is a test run.

6137405306_d2e31b63a8_z.jpg

If all goes well I'm going to repair my Jumbo Shogun Warrior boxes.

6136860407_af5a1a0328_z.jpg

I welcome all tips, questions and comments.

jason

It's very cool that you are going through all the work to replace those boxes, but to me, there is something even cooler and more nostalgic with the boxes being dinged and dented. It says to me "someone loved these toys enough to keep the boxes, but wasn't afraid to play with them too".

I think I still have my Alien somewhere, minus the head shield and inner mouth, of course.

It's very cool that you are going through all the work to replace those boxes, but to me, there is something even cooler and more nostalgic with the boxes being dinged and dented. It says to me "someone loved these toys enough to keep the boxes, but wasn't afraid to play with them too".

I think I still have my Alien somewhere, minus the head shield and inner mouth, of course.

I agree. But I want 'em both. I like my original box but would love to have a fresh perfect one. I think the Alien displays pretty awesome in the box. Go Go 1979! :thumbsup:

Sigh... I remember when our Godzilla still looked like that. Now he sits in the attic, a battered shadow of his former self... but at least he survived, unlike Dragun. I don't have many regrets in life, but I deep regret that my 12/13 year old "toys r stoopid" destructive phase was taken out mostly on poor doomed Dragun. The fireworks fueled explosions were spectacular though.

• 3 weeks later...