UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jeff's Customs

Jeff

Yeah- she creeps me out too- it's using the same mouth from Green Goblin. I'm putting together the body pieces today- Daxter for the Easter Bunny and the Hunchback plus Xavier's wheel chair for Granny. :lol:

Hunchback's hair was a happy accident- it works perfectly for Beethoven. I plan to finish up a couple of Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey customs next week. Death is complete- thanks to Real Ghostbuster's Samheim and a modded b&w Dracula head.

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished Easter Bunny from Bogus Journey:

easterbunny.jpg

Modified Daxter with custom face decal.

Finished Death/Grim Reaper from Bogus Journey:

grimreaper.jpg

Modified Samheim with painted B&W Dracula head.

Edited by Jeff

I wish I could get my hands on your Bill & Ted Minimates. Those movies were the bomb. I heard rumors they were thinking of making a third one but have not heard anything since that time. I love the Granny Preston and the Easter Bunny. My only think is wasn't the bunny pink. Anyway, Great Job!!!!

I love your Goonies mates as well.

Thank you for sharing your customized Mates with all of us.

I can't wait to see which historical figures you are going to attempt from Bill & Ted Movies.

Thank you.

Thanks guys!

I just bought some paint yesterday so I should have all the historical figures completed before the end of the week.

I know I should pose this question in the want/haves but does anyone have a spare trench coat thing and Samhain?

In another note--all my custom fodder pieces are getting more difficult to keep track of as I've acquired a lot of minimates over the years. Thinking of posting various picks of just heads., arms, accessories, legs, etc for trade. Would anyone be interested? This'll help me in the long run of keeping inventory for future customs and not having to buy the same mate twice. I'll have a lot of free time this week to organize and upload pics. I'll start with heads and see how far I get. Another reason I'm pursuing this is because I'm cutting back on the hobby to spend more time with my family (my daughter will be two next year and possibly another on the way) and learn flash to better promote myself as a graphic designer (but I hear flash is on the way out and HTML 8 will replace it- technology 's a cruel mistress, what you have or take the time to learn is never good enough) so it's kind of a clean sweep- there's a few single customs I still want to make but bill and Ted will be the last of the larger sets along with two display ideas.

Impatiently waiting for the Walking Dead minimates to hit (specifically for one of my most sought after minimate parts- the baseball hat), I found an alternative- Lego baseball hats.

It doesn't fit the head completey- rather it rest on top of it, but with a little x-acto slicing you can get it to fit. Great news for me as I was originally going to buy multiple Glenn's just for his hat. Glad I started collecting lego minifigures as well. :thumbsup:

Pics coming soon of the complete Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Minimates.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Sloth with Chunk. HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

sloth.jpg

Sloth's head was sculpted on top of the purple theater ghost's head from Ghostbusters with apoxie sculpt. The extended torso piece was from James Howlett a.k.a 'scary face' minimate. (at least that's what I refer to him as)

Finished up decals on Mama Fratelli along with Mouth and the backpack for Data. More completed group shot pics to come!

I was debating about adding a nose, but wanted to stay true to the minimate design. I'm really getting into sculpting with apoxie sculpt. I'm going to try some other sculpts today- along with the finished Goonies group shot on the pirate ship.