UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jeff's Customs

Jeff

Completely forgot to post the pic of Benny & roger. (:

I think if sculpt Rogers head it wouldn't be on a minimate one but made entirely out of apoxie, otherwise it'd be too wide. I tried my hand at sculpting a pig head Eddie variant but I completely botched it and have to start over.

Tmnt was on the back burner because I ran out if apoxie and my hobby shop didn't have the green I wanted.

Darkwing duck is an interesting property I want to try next.

I've also made the decision to start selling my customs as well so if any of your interested in what you've seen and want one a kind items let me know. Ill be setting up a store either thru etsy or shopify or something similar.

Thanks again phiz!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still needs some touch up work but 95% complete: Invisible Woman as Malice!

Recipe: mask from Captain America (avengers box set with Kang), cape from Mandarin variant, skirt piece from Elektra, spikes are toothpicks. Torso/chest from White Queen. Not sure where the bracelets came from though...

post-3472-0-14127200-1360950068_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-94927800-1360950085_thumb.jp

Edited by Jeff

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeff did you ever finish your X-Men video game mates? Since we have a Dazzler now and Storm with the appropriate costume and an update of colossus you should be good to go biggrin.png

Yes, I did. Pic coming later today!

• 2 weeks later...

...and by today, I mean NOW!

image57_zpsec04dec1.jpeg

And the long lost "what does your custom Roger Rabbit minimate look like with Benny the Cab?":

photo4_zps5d4f6b3a.jpg

Playing around with part swapping- here's my lab coat Reed and in the works Blob:

image56_zps1d2decc0.jpeg

Love the new Torch but felt it needed to reflect more of the comic coloring I'm used to and reminiscent of the old Toy Biz figure. Also made a Johnny Storm:

image59_zps3c2ffeb4.jpeg

Torch is made up of the hands from the Flame on Torch that came with Blaastar.

I only remember a few snippets of this show back when it was on, but thanks to Netflix, I've been able to watch it from the beginning and thought- Hey! I should make some Sliders minimates:

image64_zpse40ae23f.jpeg

Left to right: Quinn Mallory, Wade Wilson, Professor Arturo, and Rembrandt "Cryin' Man" Brown.

It also helped while watching these episodes that I got my Invisible Woman in the mail- her force field accessory made the perfect Slide portal!

Thanks! I think the hair piece was what did it. The actor's hair was generally wavy so I wanted to capture that.

I really like how Arturo turned out. It's the stalone head from Expendables and a trimmed beard piece from the Thor movie. "MR. MALLORY!!"