UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jeff's Customs

Jeff

I appreciate it CableNathan.

X-Man used decals Luke had made and I slightly altered to include more buckles and no pupils. I too had missed out on several issues and was elated when I saw they were putting the complete epic in trades. I ended up getting an iPad a few days later and downloaded all the issues. Great to be able to flip thru them at my leisure. Thanks for the offer though!

Several of my decals are available on the decal thread. If there are any decals in particular you need or a part breakdown, I'll gladly send them your way. I'm going to do a few minor customs (non AOA) and then take a break for awhile. More (photoshoped) picks- including the famous X-Men Alpha cover coming soon. Stay tuned....

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful group shots, Jeff. Those are some well-done customs, and having them as a complete set makes it even more awesome.

Also, I love your Earthworm Jim custom. Very clean and very effective.

Edited by boyd

Wonderful group shots, Jeff. Those are some well-done customs, and having them as a complete set makes it even more awesome.

Also, I love your Earthworm Jim custom. Very clean and very effective.

Thanks Boyd. Kinda wish I had made a wildchild, but wasn't sure how to approach him. Ran out of apoxie....and patience I guess. Same for AOA Blob (a naked guy with wires) and Sugar Man.

Edited by Jeff

Hmmm, does the Terrax stand hold two figures?

Cause if so that would be perfect as stand for Magneto and Rogue ;)

Edited by Aapje

Hmmm, does the Terrax stand hold two figures?

Cause if so that would be perfect as stand for Magneto and Rogue ;)

Good call, sadly I don't own that set so I had to improvise with the Young Justice Build-a-hall of justice planks. I'm sure I could get them both to fit.

Just wanted to post a quick shot of the cover with my customs, my photoshop skills aren't fantastic. The pic is slightly blurry as it was from my camera phone---BUT, I did have a small window of time to take said pics. Let me know if any of you would like to see certain characters by themselves. I didn't want to overdue it.... :biggrin:

My favorite custom of the bunch?

Iceman. Avoided him like the plague at the beginning, not sure how I wanted to tackle the whole ice mist body type or his giant ice blade hands. It was lucky trip to my LCS that I spotted a Lady Deathstrike on clearance and things started to fall into place. I looked on other forums for custom iceman ideas and decided to sacrifice my GB Theater Ghost for the base. The other parts went to Skin, the wings to my Alternate FF Ben Grimm/Dragonfly and the head to Goonies Sloth. I'd love to get more of this figure just for the multiple use of parts (and one to replace one in my GB display).

My least favorite?

Lila Cheney of Gambit and the X-Ternals.

I did manage to find all the parts I needed, but when you get right down to it, the costume stinks, if you can call it that. I did extensive research into the characters and found that she actually had two costumes, getting the 2nd in the final issue. By this point I was so close to her being completed I didn't bother. I don't know, she wasn't a major character but I had the rest of the team so I figured why not.

The most labor intensive?

Guido/Strong Guy.

Made up of so many parts- cyclops visor, hulks chest, nimrod's hand, nathan spencer's bionic arm, jak's boots, a marvel universe deadpool's belt, craft beads.....yowza. He was a tank of hodgepodge, yet it all came together so perfectly.

The easiest?

Vincente (the white guy with the tattoos from Generation Next)

White mimate body, The Spectre's head. Hand drawn tats. Done.

I loved every minute of it. Each figure had it's own set of challenges and each lunch hour I'd be at my desk- busily eating with one hand and painting with the other. A long road but a fun journey to get to THE AGE OF APOCAYLPSE!

:happy:

Edited by Jeff

Well crud. :confused:

I know I said I was going to take a break from customizing for awhile but it's slowly creeping back into my bloodstream. Pulling together all my AOA figures that I had scattered in a cabinet I came across my other 'on the bench' customs I've yet to finish, plus ideas for new customs began popping up into my head. Here's my laundry list below, who should I make next? What would you like to see?

On the bench:

-Eternal Champions (the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat clone for the Sega Genesis)

-Ghostbusters: Displaced Agression GB's (Peter in the old west, Ray as a knight, Egon in the future, Winston in leather jacket)

-Left 4 Dead 2 Ellis (hat is on the way for Ellis, 95% complete)

-Slingers (Prodigy needs the most work)

-TMNT (ran out of apoxie, two turtles need repaints on the masks)

-Clue (need to finish hair on Mrs. Peacock)

-Goonies (need to finish Fratelli Brothers)

On the horizon:

Been on a Real Ghostbusters kick lately. Would love to make:

-People Busters

-Grendel

-Too many to list, need to hit up the RGB wikia for a complete list of ghosts

Dead in the water:

Back to the Future:

Was planning on making a Goldie Wilson custom when I saw the zombie line from toy fare with the soda jerk zombie- now that its a no-go, so is the custom. Plus, trying to track down the original set is impossible.

I'm going to be taking a speed-run through my Fantastic Four and X-Men cartoon dvds for various background images to use in my hobby lobby display cases. I'm looking to add Mole Man's lair under Castle Doom, possibly an outer space on top for Galactus's heralds, and a sewer for the morlock tunnels under the x-mansion. Of course, this would bring the X-mansion up to four display cases stacked on top of one another. My desk now only allows a 3 display minimum height. :confused:

Updated my wants, PM me if you have any of the following for trade/sell:

-Trenhcoat Thing

-Heralds of Galactus Terrax and Nova

-Mole Man

-Doombot Thing

-Ghostbusters Theater Ghost

-Real Ghostbusters Anti-Ghostbusters set (the green ghost versions)

-Real Ghostbusters Saumheim

-Klaw

-Doombot (gray and purple)

I appreciate it. Yeah, I think I'm the only one. I know Luke has a custom AOA Gambit from another member, Bob Harris I believe- but not the entire team. I'm an AOA junkie and was extremely disappointed when DST wasn't making anymore. I went a little overboard for awhile there making customs, but I'm really happy with the results. Now to get them back in the display case and finish up some older minimate customs that have been gathering dust.

:jawdrop:

Jeff - have i told you lately that i love you?

That group shot is EPIC! i can't believe how many AoA characters you've made now. Bravo, sir. Bravo!

Thanks Nessex!! I thought you'd be the most thrilled to see the whole gang. I'm slowly starting to veer over into my other favorite comic characters, Fantastic Four. I'm putting together a FF suit She-Hulk and tracking down other figures to add or customize. Here's a few in the works if I can find the right parts:

Malice

-mullet hair from upcoming FF set

-need a tattered cape, any ideas?

Crazed Hermit Mr. Fantastic (thought to be dead, instead found living in cave with beard)

-using beard from Volstagg painted with white streaks

New(er) FF

-Ant-Man

-Miss Thing

-Medusa (hair from ahem....Medusa)

-She-Hulk

Edited by Jeff

Wanted to get in some quick customs before the holiday.

De-powered Thing/Ben Grimm (just needs hair painted brown):

humanthing.jpg

photo1.jpg

Updated Cyborg-Spidey:

cyborg_spider-man_031911.jpg

photo2.jpg

In the works Dark Raider:

darkraider.jpg

photo5.jpg

Coming soon All New Fantastic Four Wolverine:

2322402-552654598_b058ffe216_super.jpg

Racy costume Invisible Woman

invisblewoman.jpg

invisblewoman2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow you have some amazing work! I love that cyborg spidey and the AoA group shot. Have you seen what the folks at Marvel have done with AoA recently? I'm think there are some more custom-worthy characters there.

Im more excited about Roger Rabbit, you keep tackling my favorite properties. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Roger Rabbit is my all time favorite movie. I'm looking at my in-progress set right now. Doom and Eddie are complete. Jessica (just cut the slit for her dress, decal is done) and Roger (need to paint) are up next. On the fence with how to do Baby Herman....ideas? I have something special in store for Benny the Cab. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jeff

I haven't read the book but I did look it up on Wikipedia. Quite the difference between the two: roger is a comic strip character who gets murdered, Jessica is more of a slut, and toons can only talk thru word balloons that appear over their head--then fall to the ground and litter the streets. Weird.

I've also been researching the movie a bit more and was surprised to see a scene that Disney dropped because it was deemed too inappropriate. Eddie was originally supposed to visit Jessica at home and find her taking a bath. She grabs a towel and steps out of the tub approaching him....then the towel drops. Despite this missing scene as well as the pig head scene being cut I still adore this movie and can quote almost all if it to this day. I remember saving up my allowance and then heading to Kmart to buy the stuffed roger rabbit housed in he Benny the cab box. I'd play out the whole movie over the course of an afternoon throwing him around the house like Eddie did in the bar. Fun times. (;

I'm expecting some apoxie this week for parts I need to sculpt but I should have all of them ready to go next week.