UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jeff's Customs

Jeff

Nevermind on Thing. Found one in my case. :whistling:

AND....thanks to that digging I've found parts to make even more AOA Minimates. Coming soon to a thread near you:

- Husk

X Chamber

- Skin

- Vincente

- Mondo

X M/Know-it-all

:thumbsup:

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to tackle M/Know-it-all in a different way than just making her into a minimate. Since she was only seen on-screen throughout the Generation Next books- I thought I'd try making her as an all illustrator custom. Here's what I came up with:

post-3472-0-02696200-1335987911_thumb.jp

Very happy with how this came out. Not sure how I want to handle the construction of it to 3-D. I'm thinking I'll print just the screen image and glue it to foam core or possibly Lego blocks to make the console.

Thanks!

I think Skin will be equally impressive using the remaining parts from the gb theater ghost. wish I would have bought a few extras.

Looking for a few mvc3 super skrulls if anyone has extra for trade.

Finished my Generation Next AOA kids today on lunch. Mondo, Chamber, and Skin:

post-3472-0-32377500-1336075195_thumb.jp

M/Know-it-all, Husk, and Vincente:

post-3472-0-23657600-1336075214_thumb.jp

And all together, minus their leaders Shadowcat and Colossus.

post-3472-0-81000200-1336075243_thumb.jp

Now to finish Mikhail...

I'm on the fence with doing sugar man. Think I'll save him for a rainy day. I'd have to sculpt the head/body and break the no nose rule. Making the teeth will be the most challenging. Liked how my man spider turned out though...hmm.

Which decals in particular would you like? Should i post over on the decal thread or here? Both? (:

I'll share my mikhail decal tomorrow.

Sugar man would be hard. Maybe when Modok comes out it can be tweaked. Your spider was sweet.

You can post them over in hellpops decal thread he does a good job of cataloging the decals. I was itching to get the Genext one's after you posted Skins face. Hell, share them all if you want :yes:

Thanks. Didn't think I could pull it off to be honest. I was thinking of treating sugar man like my original plan to make a krang from tmnt. Cut the arm pegs off a regular torso and build it up with apoxie. It's more the tiny details in an already tiny scale thats the issue. I can do it, it'll just be a long process of trial and error. Could turn out awesome though.

I'll post decals of aoa and other tomorrow in the decal thread.

Thanks.

Bill and Ted were the first successful mates I customed. Was thinking of doing the bogus journey versions too along with a death. Still have the historical figures from the first film to finish- along with Goonies, Ghostbusters: Displaced Agresssion and Eternal Champions. Got on an AOA kick for awhile there (23 total), think I may take a short break from customizing.

Slightly off topic but....

I recently saw pics of the new Young Justice Kid Flash figure with the speed effect and bent speed limit sign. Really neat concept and cool looking base. Have not seen it anywhere and even BBTS is sold out. I was able to find a DCUC Reverse Flash instead and along with my other Flash got to thinking how I could just made my own speed effect for those figures. Here's what I came up with using play foam sheets from Hobby Lobby and board game pawn feet stands:

post-3472-0-47046500-1337082550_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-52027900-1337082567_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-12289500-1337082591_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-28935900-1337082609_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-30476100-1337082625_thumb.jp

And yes, sadly those are the triscuit walls I'm surrounded by at work. Luckily, a office remodel is in the works. :biggrin:

Edited by Jeff

• 3 months later...

After a long hiatus- I got burned out after doing 23 Age of Apocalypse customs (soon to be 25 with the release of the outback Colossus), I've decided to start customizing again. That, and my free time will soon be crunched so I'm going to make the best of the time I have now.

Coming soon:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure Historical Figures and Bogus Journey

Bill & Ted's phone booth with antenna

Clue (was missing Mr. Body and Mrs. Peacock)

Goonies (missing Sloth, Fratelli brothers and the three teens)

Animated Spider-man cast

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 humans

Future ideas:

Adventures in Babysitting (yep, I'm serious)

Roger Rabbit

We'll see how far I get with the coming soon list- but Adventures in Babysitting has me really excited. Haven't begun to fathom what pieces I'd need other than Sarah's Thor helmet. Any ideas for Chris, Daryl, and Brad? I just watched the movie last week and it still holds up. :lol:

Edited by Jeff