Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He turned out better than I hoped.

J2 uses the darktide juggernaut- perfect version I think for him--that and I only have one Excalibur juggernaut. (:

Will look great next to spider-girl. Like to do 2 other mc2 characters but not American dream. Ideas?

Great job on your custom works Jeff! Your Peter Parker & Mary Jane had me wondering when first looking at the picture. Reading further on, I was happy to see some BTTF stuff in other creations.

MAN-SPIDER also reminded me of the Indy skull, you did a great sculpting job on that head. Always great seeing your new creations! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Finished my two AOA customs today: Shadowcat and Havok!

post-3472-0-23081500-1331841584_thumb.jp

Thanks to Luke for the Havok recipe and Mark for the spare knife/boot strap! Working on Angel, Storm, Iceman, Gambit, Dazzler, Blob, Jubilee......maybe Quicksilver and Banshee.

Ordered my last few pieces I need for my Clue: The movie customs. I got the idea when I was rummaging thru hairpieces and found Janine's from Ghostbusters 2. Painted it black and had the start of Mrs. White:

post-3472-0-27263000-1331917445_thumb.jp

"My husband? Oh he just lies around on his back all day"

Thanks-

Still have Gambit, Storm, and Colossus left to do. Past those the characters start to look the same- all dressed in black with minor changes between costumes-not very exciting for a minimate, in my opinion.

Holding out that they will someday do an AOA iceman or at least a bulkier version of what they've released thus far.

LOVE your AoA Angel. I was trying to decide how to make him as i didn't think he'd translate well to a Minimate - but you've nailed it and made it look so simple. A+ :thumbsup:

Thanks- I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Wasn't going to do it originally because of all the white (and not sure how to tackle the jacket- thanks to pal Mark for offering a soultion)- but I've always liked Angel- especially the minimate version. It was a little tricky. I had to cut off the neck collar on Angel leaving an 'L' connection for his wing piece(against his back and on top of his waist). I also had to trim the jacket below the 2nd buckle to make it more of a bolreo style. It came from this Battlestar figure below. Then, I had to completely remove the back on the jacket in order to slip it over the wing piece. I sanded over the thin blue strip on Angel between his torso and legs then painted that and the jacket white. It took about 5 coats to get it looking just right. It really pops with the rest of the AOA gang. I'll post a group shot next week.

post-3472-0-49400000-1332504141_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-10572700-1332504628_thumb.jp