UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Database

Hello, I was wondering how to get in touch with the people over at the minimate database. They have no contact info, and I wanted to make a suggestion. I was thinking how cool it would be for them have another picture where the characters and geared up, like on yojoe.com. Maybe even let people submit them if they all follow certian standards your looking for? Like only white backgrounds for instance, stuff like that.

Any help?

Thanks

Darkredshadow is right. Ivan, the man who's "ego is so large, the young Luke Skywalker has, on occasion, mistaken it for a small moon" is the one behind the Database. Here's his MMMV profile where you can leave him a message or send him a PM.

All hail Ivan!

(Can we have some sort of an emoticon for that phrase?)

The only worker (that I know of) is Ivan,and he is on this board so you could shoot him up a message

And they do have pictures geared up

Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant geared up with weapons blazing and in some cool pose that makes you want to go buy that figure right away. I think it's one of the reasons I have so many Joe's, had to stop looking at yojoe.com geared up pics, everytime I was trying to convince myself to buy another one.

We are so very fortunate that we have the Database & I just can't can't even imagine how much time & effort that it must take to compile.

HOWEVER....

I must admit that I have ,on occasion, felt distinctly aggrieved when they have let me down . <_< Only this week I realised that whoever is in charge of the Database needs to give his staff a kick up the arse for not showing that the DC Wave 8 'Question' has a face :ohmy: What the hell is going on ? Why isn't there an alternate picture of her (?)? Am I really expected to look at all of my Minimates & find these things out for myself?

...& another thing .....I really need some pictures of Minimate souls soles as well ,so that I don't have to actually look which 'mates' have C3 feet ....very time-consuming & I really expect more .

What I find distinctly disturbing is that those guys at the Database continually flaunt that picture of the 2003 SDCC Yellow blank which everybody knows doesn't even exist .

Yeah,some of the older minimates don't have options to switch to alternate looks,like the question face,but other that Ivan is doing an amazing job.As for "actions shots" that would be cool for new mates,but if Ivan would have to do that to EVERY Mate,well that would possibly kill him..and how the emoticon,it should be a hail hydra type thing with ivans face or kana :)

What really grinds my gears over minimatedatabase.com is that despite been an anagram of "BAD SAINT ATE A MIME" I have not ONCE found any Saints on there, bad or otherwise and I find it severely lacking in Mimes.

If this is not fixed IMMEDIATELY I will simply stop paying for the service.

Thanks all.

Sorry I can't help you directly. I sold Minimate Database to the Omni Consumer Products and Energy Concern a couple months ago. I no longer have any control over content or presentation. While I have no power to change the site, they keep me around as a figurehead due to my high standing in the community. Reasons for the sale are complex and plentiful. All I can say is that the Minimate Adult Performance Union has very inventive ways of getting what they want.

I shall pass on your concerns the highly qualified team of web designers and database engineers. I'm sure they'll get right on it.

As for the Bad Saint eating a mime photos, I have to take the fall for this one. We had Val Kilmer booked for a photoshoot and he was excited about the cannibalism angle. Consummate professional, always willing to experiment. Unfortunately I offended him shortly after he entered the MMDB compound. While trying to make small talk I asked what I thought was a innocuous question, "What do you think about cross-breeding hippopotamuses and poodles?" I thought it would be a great way to introduce an interesting new pet into the market, The Hippopotamadoodle (trademark pending). Kilmer flew off the handle and started ranting about how a poodle killed his father and how this abomination of a hybrid would destroy humanity, blah, blah blah. He stormed out and we never got the photo.

We'll get one though. I've got a person on the inside at the Vatican. Once Teresa gets the Official stamp of approval I'll get another shoot set up. Luckily I got the rates in writing before the beatification, apparently it costs four times as much now.

In the meantime here's a graph, everyone likes graphs.

Chart.png

I appreciate the suggestions and I'm always looking for ways to improve the site. Unfortunately the wish list keeps getting new items and nothing seems to get crossed off. I'll definitely add it to the list, but don't expect it anytime soon. (User rankings is a four year old request and still not done.)

Minimate Database (Updated 6/12 with all the new TRU stuff.) (Check Update Status via Twitter)

Minimate Labs (Updated 6/23 with a Dr. Doom 3D turnaround.)

Doin' it all for the whuffie.

The database hasn't been updated since June 12, 2011. Get back to work Ivan! :tongue:

Or it hasn't been updates since June 2012, which means Ivan is from the future! :wacko:

Minimate Database (Updated 6/12 with all the new TRU stuff.) (Check Update Status via Twitter)

Minimate Labs (Updated 6/23 with a Dr. Doom 3D turnaround.)

Doin' it all for the whuffie.

The database hasn't been updated since June 12, 2011. Get back to work Ivan! :tongue:

Or it hasn't been updates since June 2012, which means Ivan is from the future! :wacko:

I'm afraid that means December 6th

Okay sounds good everyone, kinda silly, but I guess that seems to be the crowd here. Anyway if you made it like yojoe.com where anyone and everyone submits very similar action type poses with white backgrounds and good lighting, I think that would just add to your site and it wouldn't be all that much work for you. I only have about 50 guys so I could do as many as I could and send em over if your about it. Doesn't have to be all at once, but these things take time and slowly adding them into your website would only further befit you in the end. Thanks again for all the wacky responses I got.

• 2 years later...

So, I was looking at the Indie Mates page and was wondering if it should be nestled/cross referenced under the Femme Fatales heading, since it was retroactively inducted into the line. I just hate seeing one of my favorite box sets be all alone and forgotten.

Also, how's the Space Poodle Programe going, Ivan?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 2 weeks later...