UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 25 years, I've wondered why Zartan thinks he's fooling anyone with that disguise.

"Is that Zartan?"

"No, no, that guy has a beard."

"Dude, he's wearing Zartan's clothes right down to the skull belt buckle, and armored shoulder pads."

"No it's alright, he's cool. Zartan doesn't have a beard, remember."

"Oh, right. My bad. Let him into the main server room then."

For 25 years, I've wondered why Zartan thinks he's fooling anyone with that disguise.

"Is that Zartan?"

"No, no, that guy has a beard."

"Dude, he's wearing Zartan's clothes right down to the skull belt buckle, and armored shoulder pads."

"No it's alright, he's cool. Zartan doesn't have a beard, remember."

"Oh, right. My bad. Let him into the main server room then."

Yeah, it makes no sense. But I love it! I'm so glad Sideshow kept so many references to the classic figure, even though they took a few liberties here and there. Crossing fingers for a 1/6th scale Swamp Skiier.

Nice, my Zartan arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to unbox. Did you get the exclusive with the Duke sculpt?

One of these days, I need to track down a Hellboy, that thing is awesome.

I did get the ex., and switched out the head with old Duke:

DSC_0345.jpg

Watch out guys, it's a trap!

DSC_0346.jpg

And since I'm posting, a few more pics I took last night:

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

K80, your Mego Spiderman has flesh hands bud. Supposed to be red. If you ever need a set, let me know. I have two of them on my desk (Mego Spidermans)but both are T1 bodies. One is actually from my childhood. Well, at least part of him is. I had a habit of making parachutes for my Megos and GI Joes to let them jump into action..anyway, Mego Spidey landed in a tree. 20 years later the tree came down and I found my Mego Spidey (My brother lives in the house I grew up in). His suit had dry rotted and his elastic string hand dried out, but he was in remarkeable shape otherwise.

That Doc Holiday is just awesome. Amazing.

The HT Hellboys are both rubber body, right?

Thanks guys.

That is awesome that Spidey was still up there! Me and a buddy used to also throw GI Joes off my grandma's patio into the yard below (about a 12 foot drop), trying to get them to hit the power line. I'm not sure why :lol:

Thanks for the offer, but that's a Spidey I have had for years, and just want to keep him as-is, even if he isn't complete to the original figure :D

Yeah, those Hellboys both have rubber bodies, and supposed the Abe body is pretty fragile. HB supposedly has weak knees, but *knock on wood* mine seems OK thus far.

And some more info about Doc--I got the parted set, which was not supposed to have the metal cup. But Rainman randomly inserted 3, and I got one! He's also using a different paint team for this release than he has previously (Iminime/Denny Kim), and it is a HUGE step up in my opinion. Arguably superior to the 'Man himself :ohmy: Notice he has sweat beads on his face due to the TB

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the shell bandolier is different, he came with a brown one. Added gloved hands too, nice! Is that a head repaint too?

How are you liking Boba now that you have him in hand? Did you do the vest mods, hard to tell with the pose in the picture?

EDIT: Sam, pull Boba's knee covers up higher, you want them just above the actual knee joint. The pockets for his tools will be just below the bottom of the knee pad. :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

I did mod Boba's vest a bit. You can see it better here.

DSC_0676.jpg

Though the mod is fairly minor, it looks way different than the stock version. I made cuts in the plastic, heated and curved the bottom plate a bit, and stretched the vest more tightly in the back before I reattached the backpack armor piece. As for the kneepads, I can stick them higher, but they'll probably just fall down. SSC made the elastic way too loose on those IMO.

As for Flint, the bandolier and holster were dyed green (so now toy/file card accurate instead of the cartoon accurate tan color--actually more brown in the cartoon), and he's got custom leather belts and pouches on one of the belts (one of the buckles was not from the original figure). I gave him a TTM19 (muscle) body, which bulks him up and makes him look much less awkward than the stock Pro does. He's got Chris Taylor's boots (cloth with real laces), and DX Indiana Jones's gloves. Head is not repainted, though I probably should get it repainted at this point.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, it's hard for SSC figures to really blow me away nowadays considering that Hot Toys in general is a step above them in terms of quality, and I've had awesome, extremely high quality customs like Rainman's Bill that no SSC figure has ever touched from a tailoring POV. Would be nice if he was a bit more poseable. Because of a combination of the outfit and body, he's really restricted in terms of arm movement, sort like like the True Type muscle body is. Plus, his right leg looks kind of bowed because of the weak knee joint. Prometheus body is still so antiquated in comparison to the Hot Toys standard. But I still like the figure a lot. Probably in my top 3 SSC stock figures, up there with Zartan, Darth Vader, and Beachhead.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. And the paintwork is absolutely stunning. They are as good as anyone else I've seen in that department. There are some other nifty accessories I didn't include in pics--police badges, gun holsters, knife for Somerset, a wrapped hand for Mills (though really too fragile to even use), rubber gloved hands for both characters, and each comes with "the box" :lol: Box is cooler than I expected. I thought it would be cardboard, but they are apparently resin blocks. Nicely detailed and weathered, as well. Some guy on SSF got one of the unlicensed Paltrow heads and posed it with the rest of his stuff, which was funny.

My wife won't let me keep these in the house because of the "bad vibes" the movie gives off to her, though :(

Edited by karamazov80

can we get some pics of them having a fight club? :biggrin:

Those sculpts are impressive. I had to do some research to find out what sort of creatures these were. I'm sort of afraid (for my wallet and sanity) to venture any further into these 1:6 customs and collections beyond the brief glimpses I get on here at the 'verse.

I see one guy from India made them as a pre-order? is he one guy that customized all those orders? I'm assuming more than a few people ordered these. they look quality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...