UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

Thanks Shane. That's in reference to this!

LOyVH9w.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Denny Kim/Iminime/Masterworks is doing a Doc Holliday, alongside Kurt Russell Wyatt Earp and possibly Michael Biehn Johnny Ringo soon.

Today I got something that has been a huge want of mine for a long, long time. It was initially my idea, and I'm humbled that JOhnny Cheung agreed to take it on--Teen Wolf! Interestingly, I got him on the same day that I also got the Hot Toys Marty Mcfly, though I haven't opened McFly yet.

DSC_0232_zpszsnihfks.jpg

DSC_0229_zpshxbhiq1v.jpg

DSC_0228_zpsjsmy6ayy.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! Marty McFly got opened last night. An improvement over the custom I had in many ways, despite the custom being a product of an all-star team including Trevor Grove, Rainman, Cheungkinmen, and Yunsil.

DSC_0227_zps9vxxgisw.jpg

DSC_0238_zpsc3nxgiwt.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Agreed! biggrin.png Love the Jack sculpt here, and Danny as well. Both capture the essence of these characters so well. My pictures don't really do justice to Danny and that amazing trike made by Robbie the Painter. They combine to form one of the most awesome 1/6 scale items I've ever seen, in terms of the detail, quality, and aesthetics.

And look how rare this set is! Only 9 produced! . . .one thing I didn't mention is that there were 40+ "super" sets of Jack, Danny, and the Twins (I didn't shell out for the twins). Pretty crazy how much people paid to have these figures, as awesome as they are. The super set was over $2,500.

Edited by karamazov80

Although I know of his reputation, I don't actually know Rainmans story. Did he used to work for one of the big guys?

Though I don't know his full story either, he has done some licensed work, but not Sideshow or Hot Toys that I know of. I believe he got his start doing dolls with big heads and eyes in Korea (called "ball jointed dolls"), and somehow found his way into this several years ago. In terms of the craftsmanship, his work usually trumps Hot Toys. Particularly when you look at the small detail work that he sculpts by hand. It's incredible. For example, his next release is Regan from the Exorcist, and he did this as an accessory:

zSfDdlj.jpg

• 2 months later...

Out with the old:

DSC_0285_zpsi9uyhhxc.jpg

In with the new:

DSC_0295_zpscsp9es58.jpg

DSC_0291_zpsoq6r2kzi.jpg

DSC_0281_zpswbrgpn6l.jpg

Sculpt and paintwork by MJ Choi. Soon I'll have an updated outfit from Rainman's tailor, an updated body (Bruce Banner), and it will be the ultimate Indy for me.

Edited by karamazov80

• 8 months later...