UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Pulp Fiction figures are bad-ass. I still think the Stallone likeness is a bit foggy, but I know who its supposed to be.

I don't know where you keep all this stuff, but you certainly have a great collection. Your 1/6th stuff is unbelievable. AND you are in the HPC (Hulk PF Club (Soon to be renamed the OHPC (original Hulk PF Club)).

Oh, and you're still confident in that HT Hulk? Just curious...

OHPC. . .I dig it! Thanks Shane. My stuff is all over the place. I've got two Detolf shelves, one big book shelf, the fireplace mantle, and shelves in my youngest's room for my 1/6 scale stuff, and an old TV stand thing where I keep my statues. As you can tell in pics, I don't do a great job maintaining it all, as a lot of my stuff is covered in dust. I'm actually prepared to unload a big chunk of my collection though, whenever I can get the motivation to organize, take pics, and list them. I've got way more than I should, and I want to get it down to the essentials. I'm moving away from more recent, and comic related stuff, and more toward more classic films I'm a fan of. So, less Hot Toys Iron Men, more Rainman and Iminime stuff.

I think Hulk will hold up pretty well. The "rubber" like material seems to be the same as what they have been using with muscle bodies (like the TTM-19, and Arnolds) for a few years now. And all those seem to be holding up just fine. I haven't heard anyone tell horror stories of melting/leaky/deteriorating PVC bodies yet.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, part of my hesitation in doing my own kitbash was an assumption that HT were going to do it. It is the more recognizable look from the film, and arguably the most iconic Arnold look from any film. Plus, they announced a 1/4 scale version of this guy. But, it's been over two years at this point, so I'm not going to keep waiting. I do think a DX will be coming at some point, considering DX10 and 13 are both T-800s from T2. But it could be 2-3 more years before that happens.

This is actually a pretty easy bash by the way, if you are looking to do one. Tech Noir stuff plus DX-10 shirt and jacket, and a couple guns that you can track down on eBay if you keep an eye out. The key missing piece had been the correctly scaled Gargoyle sunglasses, which are made by a guy on Sideshow Freaks (same guy that does the head mod).

• 1 month later...

LOL, great Avengers shot!

Maybe someday my Blondie will get to leave Chicago customs....wallbash.gif

I like to imagine him having some kind of "Toy Story" adventure with other 'bootleg' toys that are stuck in customs. Maybe he and "Mr. Rock" teamed up to defeat "SpecialMan".

101-400x547.jpg18-400x646.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I've seen SpecialMan before, but never Mr. Rock. The best all-time bootleg figure has to be this though:

FYlNrzb.jpg

Doctor Jackstraw, the Abnormal Drug Trafficker is the one custom figure I have to obtain before my collecting days are done.

Hopefully that customs business will get worked out shortly.

Mr. Rock is a classic. A very expensive classic these days. Specialman is very cool, but I've only ever seen pics. There is a GI Joe figure that was painted to look like Superman and it commands a hefty price tag, as well.

Bruce turns into Spiderman? My whole life is a lie!

Yes, I totally agree. Its a kind of a niche collectors market, but it can certainly be an expensive niche. Have you ever looked at the bootleg Star Wars stuff? Ridiculous.

I am talking about bootlegs of the old Kenner figures. They are hilarious in some respects, but I don't think any of them are cheap or easy to come by.

http://www.tested.com/art/movies/453674-best-and-worst-bootleg-star-wars-toys/

• 1 month later...

Rainman's Bickle. Mohawk version has the Rainman painted sculpt, while Aeon did the cab driver sculpt. The likeness isn't 100%, as is frequently the case with Rainman, but these figures ooze quality as Rainman's stuff always does. The belt buckle, stitching inside the jacket, boots, and guns all make Hot Toys hang its head in shame.

DSC_0700_zpsc1044707.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 weeks later...