UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that unconventional paint look definitely suits this unconventional outfit. May try to bash a tiger stripe Snake with my "clean" head.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. My 3rd attempt at a head paint job, so to be honest it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I did spend a lot of time on it though. About 3 hours or so tonight. I just can't justify paying $75+ for a paint job every time I need one, having to wait indefinitely to get it done, hoping guys will be willing to do it, etc. Denny Kim said his team is working on a licensed "Evil Dead" Ash figure. Not sure which film it is going to be from though, or even if it is actually going to happen.

I painted up my Slimer as well:

DSC_0881-1_zps96281126.jpg

DSC_0882_zpsc113d81b.jpg

Was hard to make the eyes look uniform because of the shape of the eyes (Rocco made them a bit uneven). Depending on the angle they will look more or less straight. Fortunately that doesn't matter too much with Slimer.

I can't find the Medi stand that I swore I had. Will have to wait on one to display him with the rest of the Ghostbusters.

Edited by karamazov80

It's completely resculpted. The original, which was slightly modified by Hot Toys for the re-release by adding different face plates, was shaped wrong, and really didn't look so much like Bale as Batman when you compare the two.

Original:

7554438468_2fe2405fea.jpg

MRM version:

DSC_0916_zpsea645586.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got Rainman's Jules head/outfit set today, and my Pulp Fiction guys are done! Jules has received a ridiculous amount of criticism, but I think he's a very nice figure.

DSC_0001_zps1c70cd41.jpg

DSC_0002_zps3d42ae6f.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsee87a0b5.jpg

DSC_0006_zps184e880b.jpg

Nah. I was tempted, but $100+ for a 1/6 scale briefcase, no matter how nice, crosses some line in the sand for me. I may get a cheap briefcase from another figure. I am, however, tempted by Robbie's $450 Lector gurney/masks.

• 1 month later...