UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots, but that Dude is the best!

Thanks. I tried something similar when I first got the Dude, but the quality wasn't great. This was a chance to give it another shot.

Whereinn the word can i get that Ra's, that's amazing!!!

He's no longer for sale, but he was made by the Iminime team:

http://www.iminime.net/index.php

You might find one on the secondary market if you keep an eye out though (either eBay or the Sideshow Freaks boards). He initially cost around $300 I believe.

It's fantastic. Price is too steep for me, though. I imagine it'd be even worse on the aftermarket. I'll just hope Hot Toys makes one at some point.

Only non-official 1/6 item i've ever seriously considered was the Headplay Roger Moore sculpt, but i'm not sure it's sharp enough for me, and it won't just fit on a Bruce Lee suit without a new body.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost? If the answer is "yes," then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals...

DSC_0299_zps1bdb7c5f.jpg

DSC_0303_zpse32b88dd.jpg

DSC_0304_zps89284b07.jpg

DSC_0305_zps9135e4e1.jpg

DSC_0306_zps8a9158dd.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks guys. They are still a work in progress, but are mostly there. These figures are definitely a passion of mine. Ghostbusters is possibly my favorite film, so these newly available sculpts really lit a fire under me to put these customs together. To YB, the bodies are narrow shoulder Truetypes (or reasonable facsimiles thereof in two cases). The proton packs, black undershirt, traps, and PKE meter are from Matty, but everything else was pulled together from other places. This has actually been a pretty pricey project. These heads are all from Rocco ("Sculptor"). The previous Venkman head was from Snyder-Man, and I think I will use that for my display.

Edited by karamazov80

They are khaki Soldier Story flight suits that I dyed with some gray to give them a more washed out look. In the movie the suits actually look different colors in different shots and in different lighting, so I struggled with how much to dye them, but was satisfied here. The non-flash pics I took are actually deceptive, because they don't look that beige. The flash pics are more like they look in-hand, but they looks more or less gray depending on the lighting and the colors around them.

Thanks. They actually went through a couple of dye cycles before I got them where I wanted them. At first I thought I might have done too much, but I'm actually happy with them now. There is a dedicated thread to GB customs at SSF if you haven't seen it. Mando and Elvis have lots of great ideas there.

After seeing yours, I toyed with the idea of getting Rocco's last set of sculpts, but talked myself out of it. $200 for the sculpts, plus paint, plus bodies, plus accessories (or tracking down the Matty figures), is more than I can commit to Ghostbusters right now. I'm partly holding out hope that one of the big 1/6 companies gets the formal rights one day.

With Hot Toys new fascination with 1/6 scale vehicles, a 1/6 Ecto-1 would be amazing. Did they ever show anything from the Back to the Future license they teased last year?

Yep, like I said--they ain't cheap!

I was fortunate to stock up on Matty figures when they were on sale a year or two ago, just waiting for the opportunity some nice heads would provide. But getting Matty figures on the secondary market now isn't cheap. So, you've got that (probably $70 or up?), $25-50 for a body, $15-20 for a jump suit, $20-25 for a pair of boots, $10 for the pistol belt, then you've got decals and patches. . .on top of all that, $50 per sculpt and if you're lucky $60-70 for each head painted. I haven't even really investigated the belt accessory options all that carefully yet. And then you have to put it all together! If I wasn't really into these there is no way I would go there. But I think these will be an essential part of my collection, so I pretty happily justified it.

Couple more/better pics.

My '80s comedy/action icons:

DSC_0301-2_zps7b4b0307.jpg

Ray with cigarette:

DSC_0322-1_zpsa08b19a3.jpg

My current Snake Eyes. I plan on giving him a TT Advance body and one of those Tony Meis suits eventually:

DSC_0324-1_zps8c92bfa9.jpg

Timber is actually very very cool.

Yeah, I agree. I was worried based on the early pics released, but it is a winner IMO. Major problem with this figure is the body kind of sucks, and the wrist pegs won't stay in. Otherwise no real complaints.