UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Karamazov80's 1/6th Scale Toys!

karamazov80

The biggest problem with Indy's whip is that it should have been braided using thinner leather and a lot tighter. They did put a wire in it for some limited poseability, so I guess that has something to do with it. I would have liked to have seen 2 whips included, similar to how SS included one whip for his belt and one for an action pose. I saw a post in the Indy thread on the Freaks forum, someone said their whip was starting to unravel already.

The Strain whips are expensive, but there is something to be said for having one made by a professional whipmaker that provided whips for the Crystal Skull movie. :wacko:

That Pred does look much better. I have the Classic Predator ordered, but cancelled my Shadow Predator. I decided to just get one Predator and (eventually) one Alien for my collection. I hope HT decides to re-release the standard Warrior Alien style from "Aliens" so I can get the classic looks for each.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shane. Yeah, Big Chap isn't entirely screen accurate, and the rubber is always a concern with HT, but. . .I needed an Alien, and I chose him over one of the AvP Aliens (which looked to have fewer QC issues than some others).

On a related note, my Big Chap took a nose dive off the top of my Detolf a couple of weeks ago onto a hardwood floor, and no noticeable issues from the fall! I was pleasantly surprised.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I say that without hesitation. The proportions are night and day. I've had several HT Predators, and this is the first one that, when displayed, looks like he just jumped off the screen and onto my shelf. I loved that P1 Predator, but now that I know what is possible, he's a bit second rate. Unfortunately, it's looking like the new "Classic" Predator is gonna have issues of its own with wonky paint apps. "At the end of the day," it is very possible that Shadow will be the coolest looking Pred I have, which obviously sucks since I only really care about P1 as the movies go :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hot Toys Cap came in the mail today. Terrific figure, but not without his issues. Strap on his leg came unglued, and his button on his fly won't stay buttoned. Plus, the little tab in his gun holster comes out far too easily. I'm gonna try for a replacement with Sideshow, and this makes 3 of my last 4 HT figures replacement requests (Cap, Superman, and Begins Batman).

Also, his articulation is on par with DX-O2 Batman, because you can't hardly move his arms. His elbows bend a little, but not at 90 degrees so you can have him facing his gun forward. No way you can get him to point with his arm straight out for that shot of him busting down the door and firing his gun from the movie. That's my biggest non-QC critique (it is a design issue). I think the head actually looks a lot better in person than in pictures.

Marvel in the movies!

DSC_0318-1.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

He's got black hair for some reason. . .

Two of what I consider to be the 3 true Marvel icons (Spidey, Hulk, and Cap):

DSC_0324.jpg

and honorable mention for 4th most important Marvel icon:

DSC_0319.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I transferred my STARS Chris over to the new Hot Toys muscle body, so he looks closer to his RE1 incarnation. I dig it a lot more now.

DSC_0240-1.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Sleeves on the shirt are modified.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

Sam, I was wondering if you help me out by posting a compare picture of the wrist pegs from one of the Colonial Marines next to one of the current HT wrist pegs? I've got a set of Rocky taped hands coming to me that use the 'old style' pegs, but I can't find any pix online or on the freaks board specifically showing the pegs I need for them.

One of the Freaks members said that the peg is the same as the Colonial Marines.

Edited by youbastards

Well I didn't take a picture (I can if you really need me to), but I looked and you were right--the wrist joints for the marines are a bit bigger than are the newer Truetype joints. About twice as big sounds about right. The side that goes into the arm is also shaped slightly differently, but they are roughly the same size. Let me know if you need a picture and I'll get one.

Yeah, Sparrow is about as nice a Hot Toys figure as you're gonna run across in terms of the sheer detail, options, etc. Probably the best "deal" out there in terms of what's available from Hot Toys, IMO. I'm also not the biggest fan of that franchise, but I do love the character Depp created.

I keep thinking HT is gonna re-visit Aliens one of these days.

I keep thinking HT is gonna re-visit Aliens one of these days.

I think it will happen. So may fans have been clamoring for it and the Marines ended up becoming so sought after despite their low quality (compared to modern HT). I just hope they do an Alien (warrior or drone) without using rubber suits and brittle joints.

• 4 weeks later...

Some recent stuff:

This guy's still a work in progress. In the process of getting some updated gear from Peteskywalker for him (harness and hopefully a shirt). I've actually already upgraded the belt since taking these pics. Head is a modified Sideshow S-Mart head, modified and repainted by Skiman. A bit large for the TT body, but I think it looks a'aight with this kind of shirt.

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0319-1.jpg

DX Indy. . .sans stock head.

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Gonna get the WGP sculpt when it is finished, as it's the best Indy I've seen.

trad5.jpg

And then I'll probably try to replace the stock muscle arms with narrow shoulder arms so he looks more like Ford.

• 1 month later...

Got Zartan today. Easily the best Joe figure yet, and my 2nd favorite character from the franchise. So happy :)

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

Also picked up this bad boy recently. Pure quality, though he has almost no articulation in his arms:

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg