UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lord of the Rings Minimates

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

please tell me one of you guys snagged the series 3 Aragorn and Eowyn prototypes off ebay last night. I could

only bid so far, and Eowyn eventually went for 80 bucks! Absolutely, genuinely heartbroken I couldn't get them.

Edited by Dreadnok Rocksteady

I was really close to getting Eowyn. If it was any other time other than Christmas I would have be willing to pay that . . . . and sleep on the couch for a good long while unti lI sold off enough of my collection to cover it.

I really wish I had known that they made the unrealsed ones a long time ago. Until I joined this site I never knew about them. So far the only one I have managed to pick up is Strider.

I have a few paint master protos from LOTRs. I also have an unused paint proto of Frodo. I am glad they didn't go with the version I have because he looks like a drag queen. The unreleased Orc I have, I got from a guy in China...

orc2.jpg

lord of the rings is what got me into minimates and wave 3 was such a fantastic looking wave i was really upset when it got canceled. Finding out that some prototypes were made was great news but I found out about them waaaay to late so I don't like my odds of getting Eowyn, Lurzt, Wraiths and Witch King.

• 2 weeks later...

post-6048-0-28555900-1388862046_thumb.jp

I've been using this for Bilbo, made from Samwise, Jacket from Anne Bonny that came with the Ship, and face is Police Officer for now.

I will probably find a way to make him smaller with some shorter legs.

And for Gimli (Hey I knew your Dad) I switched out his Boots for Slipper feet from Mole Man.

I think the Elves,Wizards,and Orcs work with 2 inch minimate scale. And with some shortening Hobbits and Dwarves.

Humans would have to be remade like Aragorn.

Most of the Dwarves seem really complicated to make, same for Radagast.

attachicon.gif2014-01-04 13.57.20.jpg

I've been using this for Bilbo, made from Samwise, Jacket from Anne Bonny that came with the Ship, and face is Police Officer for now.

I will probably find a way to make him smaller with some shorter legs.

And for Gimli (Hey I knew your Dad) I switched out his Boots for Slipper feet from Mole Man.

I think the Elves,Wizards,and Orcs work with 2 inch minimate scale. And with some shortening Hobbits and Dwarves.

Humans would have to be remade like Aragorn.

Most of the Dwarves seem really complicated to make, same for Radagast.

Yeah i like the Bonny coat for bilbo as its the right color and has a good length, his face is tough as Martin Freeman has kind of a wonky left eye, Im going to stick to the DST/AA plan for the various body sizes(2.5 and 2") for the most part but am pondering Azog as 3"?? and yes ive all but decided to skip the dwarves as they as too detailed and many though i think i need a Thorin.

so I'll probably just make

Bilbo

Azog

Tauriel

Thorin

and Gandalf the Grey