UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lord of the Rings Minimates

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

Thread necro to as to avoid cluttering another thread.  Wave 3- I was under the impression it never released but that there were some prototypes/paint masters that made it out.  Is that correct?  Also, wave 3 featured the Ringwraith 2 pack (based on weapons, it looked like Witchking and another), Lurtz/clear twilight Witchking, Strider/opaque twilight Witchking, and  Eowyn/Armored Witchking.  Arnim Zola, you've got picks of wave 3 in hand?

I do, let me fish some out for you and I'll try to take some more over the next week.

And you are correct, they were never released to stores but through some what I'm sure are very interesting circumstances several did make their way across the multiverse.

I have a few of these pre-production figures myself.  I am not sure I still have hosted photos since Photobucket went nuts, but I do have photos.  I have a Twilight Witch King and a Ringwraith. There was also a Mordor Orc that did not get released. Let me see if I can put some pics up.

It's lovely to see that stuff.

For most of my early years of minimate 'love' I ignored the LOR 'mates' , I had a set but merely out of completism . In latter years I have grown to like them & almost love them......let me say that i have more than just a set now & .....bugger....I'd love some of those Series 3 teasers. :thumbsup:

I remember when I first saw protos.  It was a line I was passionate about and, at the time, I really liked how they used different sizes of minimates.  I always had a hard time finding them in physical stores. TRU in my area was real bad about stocking these or getting them way after they had been released.  I enjoyed these and still hunt some of the unreleased figures.  That Witch King looks so awesome and Lurtz is great.  I have neither.

I'd have been all over these if not for the 2.5" scale. I understand why they did it and I love the variety in the height of the characters. I just wish they had developed the kid body back then for the hobbits so the humans could have stayed 2" tall.

Maybe DST will take another shot at this property once the Amazon series hits.

19 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'd have been all over these if not for the 2.5" scale. I understand why they did it and I love the variety in the height of the characters. I just wish they had developed the kid body back then for the hobbits so the humans could have stayed 2" tall.

Maybe DST will take another shot at this property once the Amazon series hits.

Actually, this would be cool. I liked the different body sizes, but it does come with some difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...

I've literally gotten alerts on here that Ive ran out of attachment space on here so I can only post new pics I've put up elsewhere. Sorry if IG pics are inconvenient, not adept at using it yet. If you hover over the sides of the pics a few will have little arrows pop up with more pics to cycle through. I didn't catch that for a while just scrolling through threads. 

I left the elves out because they were almost the same as the prequel elve's, and I left the Aragorn out because I got him mixed up with the released one since I pulled them both out at the same time for pics with this wave. I'll have more later, but let me know if there's anything else you wanted to see and Ill try to get a pic.