UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lord of the Rings Minimates

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I've never seen Boromir or Merry on ebay, I've only been interested in these guys since like june, but still nothing. Also does any one have any pics of the supposed series 3?

Thanks for all the feedback too

I'm also still interested in price and rarity if anyone knows??

I still find myself angry that they cancelled <snip>

You'll find this a common opinion around here on many, many past lines. LotR, Street Fighter, Star Trek, and especially DC mates. We don't take unfinished business well apparently.

Seeing those pictures of wave 3 pin package makes me even more angry that that wave wasn't released!!!!! Those Ring Wraiths are amazing!! And the Witch King is incredible! Of all the things that were announced and not released this is my most wanted by far.

• 1 year later...

Man With No Name, did you find a Boromir? I just found this place in New Zealand with boxed figures in stock!

http://www.iconix-comics-games.co.nz/lord-of-the-rings-mini-mates-xidg9892.html

I emailed the guy yesterday and he's already got back to me with a quote for shipping! Sold!

• 4 months later...

Seeing the way they made Wily Kit and Kat for Thundercats (2 inch body with shorter legs and arms) it would have cool to have LOTR done the same way, and for that matter the new Hobbit trilogy as well.

• 2 weeks later...

LOTR Minimates were at the top of my list when they became a reality. I still really like them and wished the line had gone further. So much room for Minimate greatness.

If DST offered up Tolkien Minimates, from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movie trilogies, I'd get sucked into that.

However, as others have said, I'd also want them to be in the 2" scale, not 2.5" as the previous line. Start over with a "Legacy" line, kinda like Star Trek, and offer up a mix of characters from all the films. But the human characters should use the 2" bucks, the dwarfs and hobbitses can use the child buck, and the 2.5" buck can be reserved for taller characters like the Uruk-Hai.

Zach said DST has a license with Warner Bros. but never said what it was. Maybe this is it...

• 3 weeks later...

If they redid them in the universal scale (with the new short arms & legs for dwarves & hobbits), I'd buy them all over again.

ditto. I have the original ones, although I love how Sauron towers above everyone else

My concern is that once again Minimates will wait until the third film is released to offer figures based on the trilogy.

I see that happening for two reasons. One reason is that they may not want to release spoilers, even if this was based onthe book. And two, DST may be able to make another DVD Set. Again, just speculating.