UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of vinyl toys until Mighty Muggs came along. I loved the look and mixture of characters, but they really didn't last long enough and couldn't go beyond Hasbro properties. Then a few months ago I finally caved and bought some Pop! figures from Funko and I am now officially hooked. I think I've only collected for three months or so now, but here's my collection:

100_2431-1.jpg

Am I the only one around here who's been wasting my money collecting these?

Mother of god...

That's awesome! You win, by the way.

I don't have alot of Funko stuff, mainly some plushies and their ponies they just started making.

Amazing collection pics everyone!

We picked up the Rudolph set (Rudolph, Santa and Snowman) in New York to be part of our Xmas decorations and they are great.

My girlfriend is after the Wall-E and EVE, and id love to get them for her for Xmas. Does anyone know if they're a Disney Store exclusive or something?

Also, we're at Disneyworld next month, does anyone know if they sell these in the parks? If they do, my case may be going back overweight!

I actually saw a Rainbow Dash this weekend at HT. Since it was just her and the paint was bad I passed (it was buy one, get one 50% off so it was hard to just ify buying one). I have to admit it looked really cool.

The way the first four waves of Disney worked was they were exclusive first and then available to retailers a few months later. The next wave will go straight to retailers since Disney wanted Wreck It Ralph product right now. Wall-E and Eve *should* be available in regular places at some point soon, but no guarentees.

And the more this line goes on, it's clear they do offer something for just about every kind of collector. I find it easier to just buy them all, although I've sold off most all of my chases and exclusives and don't plan on getting many more of them. That still puts my collection at over 300 figures I think.:confused:

The way the first four waves of Disney worked was they were exclusive first and then available to retailers a few months later. The next wave will go straight to retailers since Disney wanted Wreck It Ralph product right now. Wall-E and Eve *should* be available in regular places at some point soon, but no guarentees.

Thanks!

That still puts my collection at over 300 figures I think.:confused:

And Wow!

Well, for the rock stuff they pretty much just do legendary performers. I wouldn't put this thing in the same category as Elvis or the Beatles. I suppose it just bothers me that this guy gets a Pop (and also a bobblehead) before Weird Al Yankovik gets any kind of toy treatment.

Here's a crazy thought:

Funko should 'pull a Disney' and buy DST, that way we'd get better distribution (no more walking dead rarity issues) and more licenses that could be minimated (Simpsons, muppets, rockers, Disney perhaps?)

• 4 weeks later...

This wave looks really stellar. I can't get over how freaking cute Beast & Silver Surfer are. I think i'm going to try my best just to cherry-pick with these and not fall into the trap of completionism.

Now i just need to go back and find a Red Skull from Wave 1. I think he was the best from that series.

Red Skull is also one of the few that are retired. He's not impossible to find, but he's not always cheap. There is an Aussie store (Popcultcha) that frequently sells retired Pops since they mainly sell outside the US and it looks like they'll have him back in stock next year. I've heard great things about them from a lot of people.