UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

Lobsterman, on 25 Jun 2014 - 21:10, said:

Seriously why am I totally going to buy this?!?

I bought that for my mother-in-law, she watches Sy-Fy movies because they’re stupid in a fun way, and she was raving about how funny Sharknado was, so Christmas shopping done!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's officially Funko's world, and we're just living it it... they've got the NFL:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/are-you-ready-for-some-pop-football/

I know what you're thinking... "but Hellpop... there's no Philadelphia Eagles! Who in the world would want those?" And you make an excellent point. Just more motivation for the Kelly's Heroes.

A case of the Guardians of the Galaxy Mystery Minis did not yield a full set, despite the 1/12 rarity of each figure. I missed out on one of the Rockets, and got two of the light gray Ronans (which I didn't even want one in the first place - the darker metallic looks better). *sigh*

Also, the glow in the dark Nebula & Drax look identical to the regular ones. I had to charge all four to see which ones were which. I'll be getting rid of GitD Nebula & regular Drax.

Have I mentioned how I had ZERO idea that Marvel Funko Pops were all bobbleheads, and how much I frakking hate bobbleheads? I was quite surprised when I got the Amazon exclusive unmasked Star-Lord. Even the Minis are bobbleheads. Why? *sigh*

None of these (or TMNT or Supernatural or Frozen or Kratos) are bobbleheads:

DSC08628_zps9938ef3c.jpg

White Walker, Ygritte, Jaime Lannister, The Hound, Joffrey Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, Tywin Lannister (really disappointed his hair is grey instead of blonde)

DSC08629_zpsf44bac14.jpg

Bloody Khal Drogo, Khal Drogo, Rhaegal, Daenerys Targaryen & nonexistent dragon laugh.png, Sooty Daenerys Targaryen & Rhaegal, Armored Tyrion Lannister, Tyrion Lannister

DSC08630_zps1fd13aec.jpg

Renly Baratheon, Brienne of Tarth, Hodor, Arya Stark, Robb Stark, Ned Stark, Beheaded Ned Stark (spoiler, sorry)

DSC08632_zps5a0d4fc9.jpg

White Ranger, Cheshire Cat, Ghost, Jon Snow, Badtz Maru, Tigger

DSC08634_zpsa74a9874.jpg

Altair (who is totally missing his ring finger!), Squidward, Gollum, Gonzo, Bloody Biker Daryl Dixon

2014-04-17%2008.26.42_zpsvvwebaa8.jpg

2014-04-22%2022.19.31_zpsekgdchaf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh damn.... Well - looks like i'm collecting these now.

X-MenFunko.jpg

Right on.

I have to add Funko Pop to my X-Men 1 diorama collection. This will be a welcome addition to my Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe, Heroclix, Superhero Squad, Squinkies, and of course.. Minimates.

• 3 weeks later...

Funko's doing Sesame Street now:

funko%20super%20grover.jpg

Ironically, they chose to do the exact same kickoff exclusive that Palisades did for their ill-fated Sesame Street action figure line, a figure I could have bought (it was at Wizard World Philly that year) and didn't, which I still kick myself over. Lesson learned: never listen to your wife when it comes to your collection.

Anyway, Bert and Ernie will be mine.

• 1 month later...

None of these (or TMNT or Supernatural or Frozen or Kratos) are bobbleheads:

DSC08628_zps9938ef3c.jpg

White Walker, Ygritte, Jaime Lannister, The Hound, Joffrey Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, Tywin Lannister (really disappointed his hair is grey instead of blonde)

DSC08629_zpsf44bac14.jpg

Bloody Khal Drogo, Khal Drogo, Rhaegal, Daenerys Targaryen & nonexistent dragon laugh.png, Sooty Daenerys Targaryen & Rhaegal, Armored Tyrion Lannister, Tyrion Lannister

DSC08630_zps1fd13aec.jpg

Renly Baratheon, Brienne of Tarth, Hodor, Arya Stark, Robb Stark, Ned Stark, Beheaded Ned Stark (spoiler, sorry)

DSC08632_zps5a0d4fc9.jpg

White Ranger, Cheshire Cat, Ghost, Jon Snow, Badtz Maru, Tigger

DSC08634_zpsa74a9874.jpg

Altair (who is totally missing his ring finger!), Squidward, Gollum, Gonzo, Bloody Biker Daryl Dixon

>

2014-04-17%2008.26.42_zpsvvwebaa8.jpg

2014-04-22%2022.19.31_zpsekgdchaf.jpg

Damn Dude!

I know the shape of the eyes is a feature in the comics, but i kind of wish they'd keep the little black circles consistent across the Pops.

I don't mean that Venom cant have his crazy, jagged white eyes, but perhaps they could form a white circle at the inner eye & flair out from there.

Still - these look pretty cool and i might have to break my 'x-men only' rule and get a Spidey 2099.

EDIT:

Kinda like this (excuse my MS Paint skills)

54821bf88f737.jpg

Edited by Nessex

I know the shape of the eyes is a feature in the comics, but i kind of wish they'd keep the little black circles consistent across the Pops.

I don't mean that Venom cant have his crazy, jagged white eyes, but perhaps they could form a white circle at the inner eye & flair out from there.

Personally I wouldn't be a fan of that, and since Venom doesn't have normal eyes I don't think they're being inconsistent. But then I'd be happy if they were less consistent on that score; those eyes have kept me from buying a few figures (Spider-Man, Vader, Stormtrooper).

Found Dancing Groot at TRU when I was looking for minimates. The price wasn't marked so I didn't realize until I got home that they were charging $13. I like getting things early but that's a significant markup so it might end up going back.