UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to go through my totes of Pops today to see which ones needed replacement boxes after our flooding problem a couple months ago and found another tote with 50 Pops in it that I didn't catch before and still had water in it. Let me rephrase that, I found a tote with 50 moldy Pop boxes in it today. Ugh. I counted and am up to 370 Pops right now (which after downsizing earlier this year actually) and have 98 in bad boxes. I was thinking there was hope to keep an in box collection, but I think that might be too much to expect at this point. However, if anyone is looking for an interesting collection of mold, I am your go-to guy.

No Doctor Who? give me twenty tennant variants!

I just saw a pic from someone's trip to the Funko offices that had a whiteboard with which upcoming figures are assigned to which employees for design. On the list were Dr. Who #4, Dr. Who #11, Dalek, Cyberman and Tardis. They must have heard your request.

• 5 weeks later...

In case you didn't know it, Hot Topic just listed their pre-order for the next two Ponies in that series (Lyra and Pinkie Pie). I don't know if you're getting those or not, but if you pre-order now you can use Hot Cash codes to get $15 off the two. If you need codes let me know.

Also, MLP Pops have metallic exclusives coming for three of the four characters in the first wave.

No, they don't have fifty exclusives. That'd be crazy. They actually only have fifty-nine exclusives through Funko this year. Of course, that doesn't include the six Funko exclusives not available at the Funko booth. And oddly, some of the exclusives still haven't been announced yet. Well, I say oddly, but up until last year they never gave out specifics about their exclusives and only gave clues. Here's a pic of everything they've announced so far at their booth:

sdccfunko_zps2e8dea48.jpg

They had one of those crane grabber games at their booth. There was a guy trying to get Mike from Monsters Inc (or Monsters U? I didn't look super closely), and he just kept pumping dollars into the machine while the rest of the line grew angrier by the minute. I would think there would have been a time limit on the machine, but he was on it for the entire few minutes I was looking around the booth. Man, those Funko Pop guys are crazy. laugh.png

In the machine they also had a 1 of 48 exclusive 'clown face' Dumbo Pop that hadn't been announced prior to being seen in the crane machine. They gave the rest away at their Fundays party Friday night, but at first it was just believed to be available in the crane. if you look at the prices of what they go for, I can understand why people kept popping in dollars...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=200&_sop=10&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=funko+dumbo+clown&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Given that everything has been Funkopopized, I wonder when will Vertigo characters follow suit?

Please give us The Endless, Jesse Custer, Cassidy, Swamp Thing, Bigby Wolf, Spider Jerusalem, Constantine, et.al.

I wasn't really excited about a TENTH Deadpool Funko Pop, but the Metallic Deadpool is really sharp! Ordered from Gemini Collectibles on Thursday, arrived in my mailbox today, and didn't haven't to pay all that much more than cost. Very happy about that purchase.

If you used box Minimates, this kind of claw machine would be fine.

claw.jpg

However if you used loose Minimates you could use a four sided claws, or a scoop, like in the candy claw machines.

I would love a gashapon machine with Minimates inside.

• 3 weeks later...

So I know these aren’t Pops per say but, Mystery Minis, how do they work?:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FNK11537&mode=retail

If I buy a box am I guaranteed to get one of each character? Or is there some BS where some characters are one per 8 boxes chases so it’ll be easier to just buy the ones I want most off eBay?