UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

This is the one that hurts me, I've been saying for over a year that there is demand for Bob's Burger's products and that DST could be the first to get them to market....but not anymore.

I’m on the fence about the Bob’s Burger Pops because while they look great there’s something too ‘cute’ about them, like they’re from some weird chibi anime dream sequence Louise would have rather than actual representations of the family... they’re so close but *juuuust* off enough I’m not sure I want to plunk $50 down on them.

But if DST had gotten the license it’d have been a super easy pass! Given the characters have a certain “muppetiness” to their look and given how awful the muppet minimates ended up, a hypothetical DST Bob’s Burger line would have been hideous.

Unless we’re not talking “minimates” and instead you mean merchandise in general, because while I don’t think minimates would look good at all and I don’t think there’s a market for busts/statues/banks/Selects (if Simpsons can’t support a similar product line, then Bob can’t, simple economics) a "Jimmy Pesto’s"Pizza cutter and a “Teddy’s Home Brew” bottle opener, maybe a set of shot glasses or tumblers with the various store front logos on them OOOOH! A Kuchi Kopi ice cube tray?! Those would kind of kick-ass though.... Is it too late for DST to get the kitchenware license?! DO WANT!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

So - i got myself the NYCC Exclusive Pop of Kitty Pryde. Aside from the cool pack in of a little Lockheed, i was pretty excited as an X-fan to see the back of her packaging.

Apologies if this is old news - but it looks like we'll be getting more X-Men pops!!! I'm pleasantly srprised to see a classic Quicksilver figure in there. I can't figure which one i want first. I've been hoping we'd see Psylocke, Sabretooth and Archangel, but that Storm update is awesome. Guess i'll just have to get one of each;)

14741236_10154630943922803_1554032302_n.jpg

Since we already have Magneto, Cyclops, Brown Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Beast and Professor X...

and we're getting Psylocke, Archangel..

it would be better if we get either Iceman, Rogue, Gambit or Jean Grey to complete the X-Men 1 cover...

On 10/20/2016 at 10:02 PM, warburger said:

Since we already have Magneto, Cyclops, Brown Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Beast and Professor X...

and we're getting Psylocke, Archangel..

it would be better if we get either Iceman, Rogue, Gambit or Jean Grey to complete the X-Men 1 cover...

I hope that is the case because I'd like a Nightcrawler Pop, but I'm not subscribing to Marvel lootcrate just for him.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

You can usually get the Pop on eBay for $20 after they are released.  If it is someone like Nightcrawler or Gambit, that might make it a little harder to get, but I would take a chance on the secondary market.  The boxes have been hit and miss.  I subscribed to the first few Marvel ones, but quit after 3 or 4 disappointing boxes in a row.  I bought the last DC box, which was pretty good, and will be getting the next one (Batman villains).

On 10/18/2016 at 9:08 AM, hellpop said:

No, but the theme for the next Marvel Collector's Corps box is X-Men, and Nightcrawler would certainly make sense.

Damn - i'd love to buy the box.... but i'm quite worried that the Pop will be a Wolverine variant :/
Do they often include new / never-before released characters?

12 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Aaaah - you don't know what you're getting till you receive it, do you?
I was hoping we might see a real Ivy or Freeze pop.

Yeah, it's a blind box.  They are making Ivy as part of the Batman the Animated Series line:

poisoniveyas.jpg

I'm hoping for Catwoman (either in her classic purple costume or Darwyn Cooke redesign) or the Ventriloquist myself.

Yep.  They are doing Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Harley, Ivy and Joker.  They are all pretty great, but unfortunately they've already made all those characters.  I'll probably swap out Ivy for the video game one but pass on the rest.  I've already got too many freaking Pops.

Daaaaaaaaamn.... I've been trying to convince myself to part with my non-minimates collection to make some room in my home. And then this falls from the sky.
Looks like I'm not meant to have that second bedroom as a guest room after all.

#sploosh

Funko announced another new Pop that should make you X-Men fans happy:

jpeg

A lot of people thought Emma would be the figure in the MCC X-Men box, so this puts the kibosh on that (and makes it more likely that I'll order the box, as I don't particularly want Emma Frost).