UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They certainly are more individually unique. I kind of like having a bunch of guys from different "worlds" in the same style standing together. Right now on my shelf Darkseid, Roscharch, the Rocketeer, and CM Punk are all hangin' together.

So I went to Hastings today to pick up a Slave Leia from Star Wars Black Series and happened to see one of these Game of Thrones vinyl minis and decided what the hell.

So I bought it and my girlfriend opened it in the car, John Snow, I can live with that. I would have preferred Arya, Tyrion, or Danerys but whatever.

On the way home from work I decide to stop by Hastings again to grab a couple more blind boxes. They only had one left on the shelf which was disappointing, until my girlfriend opened in the car and it was Jamie freaking Lannister!

I don't know what to do with it. My ideal would be to trade it for a bunch of characters I do want but I don't know if there is anybody willing to do that.

Does anybody here know much about the Funko forums?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda... Mixed. I love the TMNT franchise, but I feel if you take off the nostalgia vision the 87 series is pretty weak. I much prefer the darker, closer to the source material 2003 series or the current IDW run and would have liked it if those figures incorporated more elements from them, much like how the Loyal Subject figures seem to have amalgamated various ideas and incarnations. However I do like how the four turtles in the blind box wave look, so I'm likely to get the four of them to display.

The darker source material is good, I would prefer they be the current Nickelodeon incarnation. Then again I suppose the current toy line for that is pretty good so I don't need more.

I think I will just buy a full box and then fill the gaps (if any), the post says they are all 1/12 rarity which is awesome.