POP DARK KNIGHT BANK ROBBER JOKER VINYL FIG
POP DARK KNIGHT DARKSEID VINYL FIG
POP DARK KNIGHT HARLEY QUINN VINYL FIG

Are there pictures for these?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some drawings from the catalog and proto pics of Harley and Darkseid I believe, but no finished products yet. I also spoke to the owner of Harrison's Comics at C2E2 and he said that they will have a black and white Harley exclusive soon.

pop_zps4036642f.jpg

pop2_zpsc0547ede.jpg

Yup. Their line of bobbleheads was even worse for a long time. It drives completionists crazy but they still do it. There's so many people already on the Funko board complaining about the high prices on this one, but admitting their still getting them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand what Funko does and gets all these licences. They are static plastic figurines with black dolts for eyes for crying out loud! The bobbleheads are a bit better but come on! It's not like they make high end figures or something! Hell, they have more licences than lego or hot toys! And hot toys has a lot of forgotten projects.

I love the funko pop figures, they're cute and simplistic, I also really love the small black eyes/no mouth style

also they are relatively cheap for their size but they are nice quality pieces, so I wouldn't say they aren't making quality figures, just that they choose not to follow the art styling's of other figures their size

also probably one reason they obtain so many licenses (atleast for the pop figures) is they may not require actor likeness's due to no discernible features

Edited by undeadpool

I like the style to an extent but i do not think they are worthy to have evry licence in the world. Sure, they are quality figures but it's a shame when you see a company which makes figures with no joints and not a lot of deatail have so many licences when there a companies that could use these licences a lot better.Also, neither minimates require an actor's likeness (it was stated in the expendables thread or an ask dst i think).

Funko having a license also does not exactly mean they are the only ones who can use this license. And for the ones who are like that, Funko is a good option because they can produce a lot of figures relatively quickly and then the license can revert back to the owner and find a new toy-line.

also i could be wrong, I'm no expert on Funko Pops or toy licensing, but I don't think this toy line is exactly stopping any other.

I don't mean that it's a bad thing that they have all those licences. It's just that they don't make the most out of it. How many deadpools have been released and how many different characters? Have they released a doctor fate or an etrigan or a doctor doom? They scratch the surface and with all those licences they could make some really great stuff. I like their bobbleheads though, they have nice designs and i'm thinking of picking some up. I might pick up some pops as well, depending on whether i like the character that much.

they actually have made a doctor doom, and while they may not be making obscure characters just yet, I wouldnt be surprised to see them in the near future, their marvel and DC lines are only on like the second wave. Also their variants are actually pretty cool since they use them to get lesser known characters and versions out (Black Flash, Zoom, Flashpoint Batman, and new 52 justice league)

they've also made Superboy and Redhulk.

Their Marvel line is at 31 regular figures and DC is also at the ame number (not including all of the variants). Each line has probably just as many variants as they do regular versions, but that's pretty typical of Funko. I guess my thinking on why they don't dig deeper into the comic lines is that they can only make so many figures per year and that they are more likely to gain new collectors and sales if they spread out the figures between multiple lines rather than focus on just comic fans. I'm guessing that there are more casual fans of Pops than there are of any other figure line out there and that's just because they have something for everyone. They bring in fans of comics, music, television, movies, sports, video games and cartoons and by just focusing on more comic characters means less for the other categories. So to make up for it, they offer a ton of exclusives that reuse the same molds and packaging (just add a sticker on it and say it's different). I know there are properties they have rights to (like Hanna Barbera and ThunderCats) that they just can't get to making Pops yet because they can only do so much at once. They definitely have a different sales model than most other toy companies, but it must be working for them.

And as to how they get so many different licenses is probably related to the fact that they are their own niche and don't infringe on any other category out there. We can't get MOTU Minimates possibly because Mattel is introducing their own MOTU mini figures, yet Funko can make MOTU Papercraft, Pops and Wobblers because those aren't like anything else out there. Plus, because they have some generic lines like Pop! Movies or Pop! Rocks, they can probably get a cheaper deal on licensing properties that only have one recognizable character. They don't have to build a line or a wave around Ace Ventura, they can just say it's Pop! Movies and throw him in with Hannibal Lecter, Predator and Robocop and move on. I remember an interview with the president of the company from Toy Fair where it was an obvious frustration to him that there was a license that somebody else tied up in a way that Funko couldn't do their thing also (when Mezco got rights to Breaking Bad). Them not getting a property is more the rarity than the norm.

Edited by groundhog7s

Their Marvel line is at 31 regular figures and DC is also at the ame number (not including all of the variants). Each line has probably just as many variants as they do regular versions, but that's pretty typical of Funko. I guess my thinking on why they don't dig deeper into the comic lines is that they can only make so many figures per year and that they are more likely to gain new collectors and sales if they spread out the figures between multiple lines rather than focus on just comic fans. I'm guessing that there are more casual fans of Pops than there are of any other figure line out there and that's just because they have something for everyone. They bring in fans of comics, music, television, movies, sports, video games and cartoons and by just focusing on more comic characters means less for the other categories. So to make up for it, they offer a ton of exclusives that reuse the same molds and packaging (just add a sticker on it and say it's different). I know there are properties they have rights to (like Hanna Barbera and ThunderCats) that they just can't get to making Pops yet because they can only do so much at once. They definitely have a different sales model than most other toy companies, but it must be working for them.

And as to how they get so many different licenses is probably related to the fact that they are their own niche and don't infringe on any other category out there. We can't get MOTU Minimates possibly because Mattel is introducing their own MOTU mini figures, yet Funko can make MOTU Papercraft, Pops and Wobblers because those aren't like anything else out there. Plus, because they have some generic lines like Pop! Movies or Pop! Rocks, they can probably get a cheaper deal on licensing properties that only have one recognizable character. They don't have to build a line or a wave around Ace Ventura, they can just say it's Pop! Movies and throw him in with Hannibal Lecter, Predator and Robocop and move on. I remember an interview with the president of the company from Toy Fair where it was an obvious frustration to him that there was a license that somebody else tied up in a way that Funko couldn't do their thing also (when Mezco got rights to Breaking Bad). Them not getting a property is more the rarity than the norm.

I get what you're saying. More people will want to buy deadpool than say, darkhawk. And yeah, since they are their own category there is no competition. I bet that they'll dwelve into the minifigure line too sometime. They have these vinyl disney figs but i think that they'll release something simillar with their movie characters.

They've actually got DC in the same blind box as Disney and have Walking Dead coming soon. I have to admit I have no idea how they produce so much product in a year's time, but they keep adding more and more. I think when you factor in exclusives that they'll produce over 300 new Pops this year plus everything else they put out. Truly insane.

Do you have any links for those dc blind boxed figs? Do they have any articulation or are they static? I was going to buy the mez-itz dc ones (i really like dr fate) but if funko's figure look more like humans and less like bobbleheads then awesome. And the ammount of pops! they produce is phenomenal. You look at their catalog and you see a buttload of new ones. I might buy the robocop, alien and diablo and starcraft ones. Maybe the warcaft and halo 4 ones too. Damn, this is addicting!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-DC-Comics-Mystery-Minis-Vinyl-Mini-Figure-Blind-Box-/360653674179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f8a256c3#ht_2113wt_1057

There's a good example of what's available. They're static and, like everything else, have their own unique style. The Mez-Itz aren't that bad, but if you're not a fan of the look it doesn't matter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-DC-Comics-Mystery-Minis-Vinyl-Mini-Figure-Blind-Box-/360653674179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f8a256c3#ht_2113wt_1057

There's a good example of what's available. They're static and, like everything else, have their own unique style. The Mez-Itz aren't that bad, but if you're not a fan of the look it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the link! I'm beggining to explore more toy lines (figma, figuarts, d-arts, play arts) so it's good to know what's avilable from each company.