UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

just read this on a wrestling news site

WWE signed two new licensing deals last week. The first is with Funko, which will see a
new WWE line of their Pop! Vinyl collectible figures and 3D board games.

I have seen the stuff in the funko catalogue and I really dont want to buy these but the Austin and CM Punk ones look good.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash and Deadpool.. that's where I draw the line on Funko.

Pretty sure I can hold myself back from the WWE ones... unless they do a Sgt. Slaughter.

Flash, Deadpool and Sgt. Slaughter... that's where I draw the line on Funko... for now.

They haven't announced any 'classic' wrestlers yet, however that'd make me much more inclined to buy them. I mean, I've already pre-ordered the ones that are coming out, but they just didn't thrill me as much as getting a Roddy Piper, Junkyard Dog or a Sgt. Slaughter would.

Right now I'm having to reevaluate my Funko collecting as our basement got flooded a couple weeks ago and it drowned part of my MIB collection (historic level flooding + sump pump going out + renters insurance not covering flooding = one sad groundhog). The only thing I kept in plastic totes for storage down there were my Pops and sadly they're so light that half of them tipped over and were submerged when I found out we had a problem. I never thought I would care so much about packaging getting destroyed on toys, but it seems I do. There's nothing like taking something you've paid $100+ for and pouring all the water out of the packaging (multipled several times over).

Water damage is a horrible, horrible experience for any "collector" to go through, but if you are a MIB or MOC collector is could very well mean the end of your collection. Various parts of my collection has survived 2-3 major water events with very little damage, but each time I wonder if that is going to be it, and I was going to lose something truly important to me, so I feel your pain, GH.

That said, the Pops you salvaged from the water should henceforth be referred to as 'Plops'.

I got my second one of these today because I saw the new Game of Thrones Series 2. So I grabbed Tyrion Lannister from series 1.

Leatherface is my other one. I haven't seen the Marvel ones yet. I would definitely be all over Classic Wrestlers if they did it.

Papa Shango, Macho Man in Cowboy Hat, NWO Hogan, Mankind

I take mine out of the Box and save the Box. Mine don't have tape on them. So couldn't somebody display them out of the box and still claim to have them in the box?

Edited by WookieFodder

Dude - that is freaking horrible news. I'm so sorry to hear it. I'd be crushed if my MIP figs got water-logged. If you need any help recovering anything, please let us know.

Well, if anybody has a couple extra Pop boxes...

I just got back from trying to clean some more up in the basement and found a tote full of GI Joe/Marvel vehicles that was still submerged in water. Ugh, they smelled wonderful after two weeks.

Anyways, you live and learn. And buy more Funko:

http://www.funko.com/images/large/51898cc558db2.jpg

It appears that Rhulk is being released everywhere this month, but no other Marvel to go with him. Sometimes they do funky stuff like that. Superboy comes out this month, but the rest of the next DC wave isn't yet and really hasn't even been announced officially. SB popped in a Previes catalog I believe, Harley Quinn and Darkseid were in Funko's catalogue at Toy Fair and a few weeks ago the president of Funko casually threw out in a message board thread that Batman Beyond will be out soon. Very odd how they do things, but it doesn't seem to keep people from buying these.

And yes, we're still finding water. I'd say we're only about half way through the basement so far. And since our furnace exploded down there last year, we're finding that the water is somewhat mixed with soot and some of the wood chips we used to clean up some of the spilled fuel last year. Of course, we luckily have renter's insurance that covers everything except floods and earthquakes. I swear next time something like that goes wrong we'll just set fire to the place and walk away (at least that's what my mom did once when I was growing up).

Being in the land of hurricanes, most folks here are acutely aware of the fact that flood insurance is separate from regular home owner's-type insurance. But I can easily see how folks might assume it is included alongside coverage from stuff like fire and wind damage in parts of the country that don't have these problems. The fact that you weren't covered blows.

I swear next time something like that goes wrong we'll just set fire to the place and walk away (at least that's what my mom did once when I was growing up).

XKdg8Uq.gif Edited by karamazov80

I saw the DC Domo Pops in B&N the other day. I only looked at Batman, but the paint on all three they had was awful. Apparently Michael Crawford found the same thing. I thought about buying some of these from Amazon, but after checking out the product it just doesn't seem worth the risk.

Funko just gave out hints as to what their SDCC exclusives will be and there are 45 Pop exclusives this year (as well as 12 other Funko exclusives). Can anyone say 'overkill'? And that doesn't include the exclusives they'll give away at their Fundays event at SDCC either.

Any word on what they'll be doing Marvel-wise?

EDIT: Never mind - i just found the list of hints.... Flocked Fozzy Bear, eh?

Edited by Nessex

Wocka Wocka Wocka

I've just got to find someone going to SDCC and Fundays who's willing to let me order through them. I did it last year and it was easier to get everything and sell of what I didn't want than try to track down stuff that sold out in the first 15 minutes.

I feel your pain. We had massive rain here a few weeks back in Michigan....

Not only did our basement flood (had to go to 5 different stores to find a new sub-pump-then back track to get more parts to put it all together) but our car flooded as well. Turns out the seedlings from the tree in our yard clotted up the sun roof and channeled all the rain water into a puddle below the drivers seat and behind it as well. Insurance cover that, but not our basement. We had to tear up the new carpet we had installed just last year and still have yet to get to removing the hardwood flooring (which the water crept under as well). The basement used to be my sanctuary- now it's an eyesore. Luckily things were up off the ground, but still water damage is the worst thing I've experienced thus far as a homeowner. I'm so looking forward to moving in the future but I know that day is a long time coming (with me being let go from my job in July and the birth of our son a few days ago- things are tight right now). So that's my story. (:

That truly sucks Jeff. Finding a new sump pump around here was just as bad. Our basement is unfinished, but has always been good for storage. The sad part is that there are shelves built in to the walls that were being unused because they are somewhat inconvenient to get to that could have saved a lot of our stuff. I suppose one silver lining though is that I found a place that sells a lot of Pop boxes so I might be able to replace several of the ones that didn't make it. It'll be a little costly, but at least it's an option. Honestly, I don't know how some people can live in areas that constantly flood. I know you can be somewhat prepared, but living with that fear all the time would be nerve racking I'd think.

Sounds like one of the SDCC exclusives with be a Metallic Deadpool, that'll make my eighth Deadpool if I can get ahold of it (once the two Previews exclusives arrive).

Also ordered the Reverse Flash from this weekends convention in Texas, passed on the glowing one.

Found some good deals on Amazon so I picked up Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider. Surfer is good but Ghost Rider is fantastic, I really like the expression on his face. And, since I've given Funko a hard time about paint, I have to admit both of these had pretty sharp paint applications.