Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a Ursula from Disney's Little Mermaid and picked her up, she is the only one that I have that is from POP series. At my local comic shop they had a Martian from Mars Attacks he looked so cute! But resisted. Saw Krusty the Clown from Simpsons's. Resisted. If they come out with an MOTU Evil Lynn resistance will be futile... :tongue:

You know - those Muppet don't seem to translate *that* well into funko pop figures. My wallet might be safe after all.

But - now i have to worry about MOTU. LOL

Interestingly, I just saw that picture and thought that the Muppets worked better than the typical Funko figures :lol Probably for the same reason you dislike them--they diverge from the traditional Funko look with the "black doll's eyes" on the ends of their faces. I would consider picking those up if I ever saw them. VERY cool that they're doing the Manamana guy and backup singer/dancer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why do they not have an R2D2 pop yet? They did that with Mighty Muggs, too. He's at least top three, if not the most recognizable character in Star Wars. His little trashcan body can't be that hard to figure out. If they can do Jabba, they can do R2...

I'm sure it's a matter of time for R2. They did several Wobblers with droids, so I'm sure it'll happen. They've tackled some very odd body types recently (SW, Yo Gabba Gabba, Jeremy Lin) so they're open to diversity.

And I'll have to post some collection pics now that my camera and computer like each other.

• 2 weeks later...

wow - cool find! I've not seen a single, solitary variant/chase Funko Pop here yet.

I think the LCS's all order their Pops from a distributor in Australia who breaks up cases and sells them individually. I'm guess they keep any chase figures for themselves.

It was actually my first attempt at Pop customization, not a chase. Chases are very difficult to obtain since there are only one in a case of 36. So, to guarentee you get one, a store would have to order 36 of one character to get one chase. Having said that, I have all 30 chases that have been made, including the recently released Leatherface 'bloody' chase. It's not cheap to be a Pop completist.

There's actually one of the best stores I've seen for Pops that's located in Australia (Popcultcha). They've been very helpful to a lot of US collectors because they were able to get some of the retired Pop characters from Funko after they'd been retired. They were good enough to sell them at retail so they've helped a lot of collectors (and scalpers) out tremendously.

Yo Gabba Gabba Pop? Where and how do I procure for my daughter?

Here's where I get most of my sets from. They're totally reliable. I got the Yo Gabba one's last week the same time I got my Muppets.

I really should do an updated picture of my collection. It's just really hard to find a way to display 250 boxed figures, let alone get a picture of it all.

Edited by groundhog7s

Yeah, there is and yes, I have been cheating. But, there's no FunkoPopDatabase, it shared with people who collect bobbleheads and most everyone goes by their real name. It's a little creepy, but oddly they are the most generous people I've ever seen. The IM I did was for a contest a member held. There were six entries so he gave away six prizes ranging in value from $30-$100+. And that's normal. It's not home, but it's been nice for info and trades.

Any idea where I can find a Monsters Inc. Boo GH7? Have a buddy looking for this and haven't been able to find it at a Disney Store.

After the Monsters Inc. Pops came out, there became a licensing issue and they were all retired. Sulley and Mike got released at the place I mentioned in Australia, but Boo didn't. She's actually probably the single hardest to find on and eBay is the only route. It's not uncommon for her to be sold in the $75-$100 range. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• 2 months later...

I have to admit I don't watch the show (yet), but I'm very impressed with the Pops.

And since I'm here, here's a pic of my 342 Pop figures...

fe84d7e9.jpg

Yes, there are 11 rows, six high and 5 deep plus a few others.

I'm actually weeding out a bunch right now that fetch good money so I can have some extra cash right now (to roll around on the floor with and stuff), but also because I have zero room for all of these. Of course, it didn't help when I figured out that all of the money I spent buying SDCC exclusives would have more than paid for an actual trip to SDCC. Still, I'll be happy when it's down to a manageable 240 when I'm done.

Edited by groundhog7s

• 1 month later...

oh no.... OH NO! MY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLET!!!!!!!!!

(That Hordak is so freaking cool)

EDIT: wait - where's his Horde logo? Is the chest tampo missing, or does he not get one?