Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Groundhog;

Just looking at the picture of your Funko vinyl collection, I noticed that you already have the first 4 of the Simpsons Series.

Are they out already as I thought that the Simpson's vinyls wouldn't be available until just before Christmas? Thanks.

I found a seller on eBay who already had them, but I've seen at least one retailer (Geminicollectibles) that says they were supposed to arrive last week.

And if anyone is interested, the holiday Pop figures are $4.99 at Target. It's better than the $9-$10 most retailers are asking for them.

• 1 month later...

Huh, so Billie Jean, Beat It, and Smooth Criminal, but no Thriller?? Pshaw.

On a related note, I saw a stuffed doll at TRU that looked just like those (I think it was Flash?). Are those made by the same company?

Yup, same company and those are called Plushies. My son is actually getting a Spidey, Iron Man and Frankenstein of them for Christmas (please keep it a secret though). They're also the company that made that Nodnicks that still plague some TRUs, but not every company is perfect.

And there will actually be 5 more Michael Jackson figures so I'm sure there will be Thriller. And I'll be surprised if there's not a zombiefied version as a con exclusive or something.

Bought my first Pop! figure today, the Heat Miser. He's my favorite Christmas movie character, and he was so damn adorable I couldn't resist! I will most likely get the Cold Miser if I can get one on clearance the day after Christmas. I wish the other brands were the price of the Christmas ones ($4.99).

Bought my first Pop! figure today, the Heat Miser. He's my favorite Christmas movie character, and he was so damn adorable I couldn't resist! I will most likely get the Cold Miser if I can get one on clearance the day after Christmas. I wish the other brands were the price of the Christmas ones ($4.99).

There's a Cold Miser at my Target for 2.50 right now.

• 2 months later...

How are the Chase figures distributed? Are they just randomly assorted in amongst the regular waves?

I believe the breakdown is one chase per case, so that makes them 1 out of 36. Very hard to find, but most of them are glow in the dark so they're worth it.

And in case your looking for a Jeremy Lin, he is only being sold to retailers as part of a 16 case assortment that has 10 diferent figures. Funko is a little funky on ordering and I guess retailers can order regular product without getting a whole case. If they order NBA Pops that way they won't get a Lin. The day they started ordering this week, preorders for Lin were selling for $40-$50 on eBay. To put that in perspective, I preordered a case of 16 for $98.

Once I can get my camera working, I'll post a new picture of my collection. I'm now up to 188 Pop figures.

Oh, and they'll be releasing a Godfather Pop this year. It's no Minimate, but it's something. It's interesting how much leeway they have when it comes to character selection as they can just do a single character from a movie and not have to plan a wave or bosext around it.

For anyone that follows this line, here's a list of stuff shown at Toy Fair or announced as possibly coming out this year:

NBA

Hobbit

Ferris Bueller

Grease

Ron Burgundy

Rango

Sheldon from BBT

Alan with Baby from the Hangover

Edward Scissorshand

Yellow Submarine Beatles

Yo Gabba Gabba

Hello Kitty

Leatherface

Muppets

More Disney

More Star Wars (including Slave Leia and Jabba)

Dark Knight movie Pops

Spider-Man and Avengers movie Pops

And the president of Funko mentioned on the Funko message board some of these lines will probably happen:

Walking Dead

Hannibal Lector

Robocop

Rocky/Ivan/Clubber/Apollo

Evil Dead

It's hard not be jealous of all the Pops that will never be done in Minimate form.