Lurch77

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Best Picture

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS:LURCH REMEMBER THE BONUS POINTS FROM THIS THREAD AND ENTERING THE OTHER CONTESTS

Not to worry, all bonus points have been recorded (can check the main entry page second post for details). Judges are going through the entries now and winners will be announced soon.

Thank you to everyone that entered and participated in the fun of this thread too :thumbsup:

For the Super Extra Overtime Bonus, I'm not going to add that to the regular point totals, instead we'll have a throwdown here to decide the winner. Vote in the poll above! (poll will be open until the main results are announced)

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge

Mecha Thor: Showing Off His Dance Moves To His Fellow Mates

vs

Chad: Welcome to the Westminister Dog Show!

vs

Sergeant X: Show Me Your Moves!

And there it is. The end of a months long endeavor of pretending to be clever with little amazing figures.

Thank you so much To Lurch and the judges and the whole MMMV for this thing and for just existing.

Some days I feel that the insanity of this place is the only thing keeping me sane.

And a heart-felt thank you to my fellow competitors, without whom I would have won outright and had no fun at all.

With all sappy crap being said; Blacksun. Darkredshadow. LET'S FIGHT!

With all sappy crap being said; Blacksun. Darkredshadow. LET'S FIGHT!

Wars are fought with pixie dust not weapons nor votes.I don't got no pixie dust left,but Blacksun might which is why I believe we can team up thwart his evil plan and use the pixie dust to fight each other :tongue:

Or we could just wait silently and let the votes fill in.. <_<

Yeah, I started to do this months ago, and it got away from me, and by the time it came down to it I was just too embarrassed to do anything, including reading this thread. Too long and confusing (the nutty bits at the beginning really peeved me off. <_< )

So, good luck everyone. I guess. :confused:

The judges are still working on their ballots; reaching an agreement for best picture is going to be hard, there are some really good pictures!

Sooooooo, give me some feedback on this contest: the good, the bad and the ugly (constructive criticism please, not mean spirited :unsure: )

* What time length would work so more people could get pictures entered? Obviously too short and not enough people can finish; too long and people forget or get overwhelmed.

* Time of year that would work better? Too many people away on holiday during the end of the year :confused:

* What total amount of challenges would allow most everyone to complete in time allowed?

* Are the challenges too hard, not interesting enough, etc? My attempt with the "nutty bits" was to have a more interactive ongoing contest with the idea that more people actively participating in this thread would lead to more people working on their pictures over the entire course of the contest. But it seems like the opposite happened, it was too much too overwhelming - lesson learned on that <_<

The judges are still working on their ballots; reaching an agreement for best picture is going to be hard, there are some really good pictures!

Sooooooo, give me some feedback on this contest: the good, the bad and the ugly (constructive criticism please, not mean spirited :unsure: )

* What time length would work so more people could get pictures entered? Obviously too short and not enough people can finish; too long and people forget or get overwhelmed.

* Time of year that would work better? Too many people away on holiday during the end of the year :confused:

* What total amount of challenges would allow most everyone to complete in time allowed?

* Are the challenges too hard, not interesting enough, etc? My attempt with the "nutty bits" was to have a more interactive ongoing contest with the idea that more people actively participating in this thread would lead to more people working on their pictures over the entire course of the contest. But it seems like the opposite happened, it was too much too overwhelming - lesson learned on that <_<

I was perfect with the length and such given,maybe a problem was all the challenges being posted everymonth?I'm not sure,like I said I was fine with the length given...

I thought the format was great this year. It was more interactive and interesting. I was surprised that more people didn't enter and/or take more pics, so I'm not really sure what happened. It would be nice to hear what people have to say regarding the decline in participation compared to prior years. I always look forward to the hunt and hope that this year's showing doesn't cause it to disappear.

I'll tell you what didn't work for me. I didn't have a clue what was going on. It was pure jibberish for the first half dozen pages, and when the contest actually started, it was too lazie faire. The contest needs to have clear rules and expectations, posted up front and in full (none of this "more challenges later") and it needs to last for a short period of time (1-2 months max) Those were the points where you lost me.

Hope that wasn't too mean, but you asked.

I think the number of challenges was fine.

The Hidden challenges were a bit off for me, it's a cool idea but to have them strung out all over this site Plus other sites became a burden. I for one don't look at every single page on a website so I missed a few of those challenges.

The time frame was a bit much, I had forgotten the contest amongst holidays and family happenings.

Uumm....i think that was everything, still very enjoyable to participate and I hope the next time the contest is run, I have more time and I'm not living in a cramped space with the in-laws with all my stuff still packed away.

Edited by jcastick