UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Stormbreaker set

Mystery Man

Thanks for the tip that the photo's are up over there! I looked and they're GREAT. I can't wait to get my sets!

The fact that there's hardly any sculpting at all makes me really enjoy the less-clunky look. Add that to the swell Kirby-themed Simonson designs and it makes me keep wishing for more of these comic characters.

Photos are up on the Database, and they look great (as always!). My only quibble is that Beta Ray Bill's hammer is incorrectly labelled as Mjolnir, when it is, in fact, called Stormbreaker.

Crappity crap.

Fixed. :)

Hey, don't worry about it, Ivan. Considering the amazing work you do maintaining a resource I use nearly every day, you're entitled to the occasional minor error.

All hail the Database! :thanks:

I got my sets from Luke yesterday, thank you sir, and I have to say that I love this set! The colors are bright and vibrant, the paint and tampo apps are great, and it really reminds of why I started collecting these little guys in the first place.

I haven't been this impressed with a set since the Disney Heroic Age boxset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't decide on the classic heroic age box set or Stormbreaker. I really want a classic Thor, I like the heroic age one better, but i like all the other charters in the stormbreaker better. hmmmmmm.....

Edited by havok

Stormbreaker.

I know it's totally nit-picky but "classic" Thor's helmet didn't have the little nose guard in the front. That's a modern addition.

I find I am still tempted by the CHA set... if only to swap a IM2 Rhodey head out for Stark's to get a Rhodes as Classic Iron Man mate. Lordy, I'm seriously considering dropping 20+ on a 4 pack just for a custom. It's a sickness.

Stormbreaker.

I know it's totally nit-picky but "classic" Thor's helmet didn't have the little nose guard in the front. That's a modern addition.

I find I am still tempted by the CHA set... if only to swap a IM2 Rhodey head out for Stark's to get a Rhodes as Classic Iron Man mate. Lordy, I'm seriously considering dropping 20+ on a 4 pack just for a custom. It's a sickness.

I collected JLU for a while and getting a three pack with 2 figures you already have just to get one you don't, I think that's the worst. At least with minimates they make them a little different.

I can't decide on the classic heroic age box set or Stormbreaker. I really want a classic Thor, I like the heroic age one better, but i like all the other charters in the stormbreaker better. hmmmmmm.....

spoken like a pro!

Edited by havok

Can save a couple bucks today on the CHA set. Used codes EXPO2011 for 15% off and LABORDAY for free shipping

Thanks for the heads up! I already had a couple of the classic sets, but ordered Marvel Select Hawkeye :buttrock: