UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shoud I open or not ?

I would like to get some opinions on should I open or not open my minimates. I will post up pics of my collection. Just wanted some hobbyist opinions. Thanx

post-5899-0-16944500-1311698994_thumb.jp

post-5899-0-82337900-1311699007_thumb.jp

post-5899-0-88096600-1311699018_thumb.jp

post-5899-0-74083500-1311699030_thumb.jp

post-5899-0-39085300-1311699044_thumb.jp

post-5899-0-22719900-1311699058_thumb.jp

Personally, I liberate my toys. I like to pose them, take them on vacation, take photos of them and display them. it's not a toy if I can't play with it. And minimates are so much fun out of their package. They are perfect for long telephone calls, you can pose them and not be completely distracted from the phone call

I avoid this question on certain minimates by buying at least 2 sets. ;)

But if you can, just open them and enjoy them for what they are. Fun toys. Once you start not opening them, I feel it gets hard to stop that practice.

And this is coming from a guy who has at least five wave 2 Spideys that all haven't been opened, yet he keeps buying them in hopes he will open a set one day...

Open! They are so much more fun that way. The only one I don't think I will ever open is my Chef Duff minimate and that is because I got it for my wife who loves Ace of Cakes and she wants in in the package. I also love to display and pose them and whenever I go somewhere that threatens boredom I put a minimate in my pocket and then I have something to play with to alleviate my boredom!

Why would you not open them? minimates are not for MOC collectors. I've gotten every set the day they came out, variant, rare, who cares. I want them open and played with. Minimates are not an investment, they are a lifestyle!

I cherish my packaged collection ,currently I'm pursuing the Pirates promos from SDCC despite the fact that I have each character in MIB TRU form....I am a MOC collector & I collect ALL packaging variants,I rarely open any sealed MIB package. I will however open crushed/bent packages.

I cherish my loose collection ,very few of them were removed from their packages by me ....I've bought/traded for them ....I am a loose collector & I often....er..play with Minimates.

Minimates may or may not be an investment but it is undeniable that some Minimates become more valuable than others & the most valuable are MOC (MIB)packaged.

Minimates are indeed a lifestyle.

Edited by buttheadsmate

If you've kept them MOC this long and don't feel any particular need to open them, I'd say leave them closed. I open all of mine. I... um... recreate dynamic scenes. With sound effects. But that's just me. If you like them MOC, leave them that way. Except for that Champions set. The Ghost Rider that comes in that set is super fun. I've never been a fan of the character, but I love that 'mate, and you really can't get the full effect of how cool his face is until it's out of the box and back-lit.

Edited by Turtle

If you've kept them MOC this long and don't feel any particular need to open them, I'd say leave them closed. I open all of mine. I... um... recreate dynamic scenes. With sound effects. But that's just me. If you like them MOC, leave them that way. Except for that Champions set. The Ghost Rider that comes in that set is super fun. I've never been a fan of the character, but I love that 'mate, and you really can't get the full effect of how cool his face is until it's out of the box and back-lit.

I have 2 Ghost Rider witch one are you talking about

I have 2 Ghost Rider witch one are you talking about

I avoid this question on certain minimates by buying at least 2 sets. ;)

But if you can, just open them and enjoy them for what they are. Fun toys. Once you start not opening them, I feel it gets hard to stop that practice.

And this is coming from a guy who has at least five wave 2 Spideys that all haven't been opened, yet he keeps buying them in hopes he will open a set one day...

I avoid this questions on certain minimates by asking storm 1:08 to pick me up at least 2 se... D'OH!

I open everything. If you're keeping them MIB for resale value, you're making a mistake. If you want to invest look into real estate not Minimates. By the way if youre looking to trade that 90's Cyke/Jean for something PM me.

im down to trade this is what i likw from your list

4. U.S.Agent/Taskmaster mib

5. Mysterio/Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man mib

let me know

I open everything. If you're keeping them MIB for resale value, you're making a mistake. If you want to invest look into real estate not Minimates. By the way if youre looking to trade that 90's Cyke/Jean for something PM me.

im down to trade this is what i likw from your list

4. U.S.Agent/Taskmaster mib

5. Mysterio/Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man mib

let me know

PM sent!

I say open 'em!

Because minimates are much more fun to play with then to keep in the box to collect dust.

I guess if you plan on reselling them then keeping them sealed isn't such bad idea.

But if you like collecting them and playing (I mean "posing" ;D)with them, then by all means open them up if ya want. ^^

In my opinion, I would open them. Around 95% of my collection is open and the remainder are in their boxes. Those in boxes are the variants from some of the less popular waves and some doubles of my favorite variants or exclusives, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Original Avengers Box set, Marvel Zombie minimates. But yeah, open them and if you have doubts, buy doubles of those you really, really like.

In my opinion, I would open them. Around 95% of my collection is open and the remainder are in their boxes. Those in boxes are the variants from some of the less popular waves and some doubles of my favorite variants or exclusives, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Original Avengers Box set, Marvel Zombie minimates. But yeah, open them and if you have doubts, buy doubles of those you really, really like.

Im leaning on opeing them