UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

I like Kidpool’s what is that... scarf? hoodie? turtleneck?

That’s a fun piece, I hope they can find a few more uses for it (Scarlet Spider maybe? Definately Stryder if they get to make MvC2 or UMvC3 mates) because I wouldn’t mind collecting a few for fodder but don’t want this set.

I also like that Ladypool (Lady Deadpool?) is a hairpiece removal away from just being “deadpool with boobs” which I know is just describing how she looks in general, but because female and male minimates share a base it looks like “Deadpool with boobs” and not “a lady dressed like Deadpool”, I’m doing a bad job of getting the point across, point is it’s funny to me.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? This year saw Thor, Cap, and X-Men:FC, all of which could easily be fleshed out a little more and which ought to increase demand for related comic characters and we get... this? Meh.

Edit: The collar piece on that one Deadpool is interesting, as are the ponytail pieces. I'm more interested in what they might be reused for than this set though.

blacklash.gifkillershrike.gif

That's about the only good thing to come out of this. I made Blacklash earlier this year, actually, but the ponytail's been problematic. I'd be thrilled if this meant that we'll be getting Blacklash and/or Killer Shrike.

Man, why do they have to have such lame exclusives at the show I'm actually going to? Although the San Diego one's weren't particularly good this year either....

i echo MOCs first reaction too. Especially the f-bomb!

Damn - i am disappointed. I hope there is something else on offer at NYCC this year from Marvel Minimates. The MVC3 boxsets at SDCC didn't rock my world. FF looked cool, but i've never been a F4 reader. Nor a Thor reader for that matter, So i was really keen to see what NYCC was gonna offer.

The pony-tail isn't quite right, but maybe we'll end up with a parts-re-use figure of the inexplicably metal armed, immortal Liefeld ridiculousness that is Gideon?

catphoto.jpg

EDIT: smaller image.

EDIT EDIT: I will be completely unsurprised if i am the only person on this board who actually wants a Gideon MM to go with his X-Force figures. LOL

Edited by Nessex

well gotta say im dissapointed like alot of others.this set is a pass for me

Yep, the Wrecking Crew, Kang, Falcon, Baron Zemos and the Brotherhood won't sell, but this sure will.

I always knew the day would come when DST made a boxset of four versions of one character, I just figured it would be Spider-Man. I'd be more excited about a Spider-Man Identity Crisis box set than I am for this.

I thought there wasn't supposed to be anymore Marvel Zombies? Still, at least Wasp isn't going to feel so alone anymore. Everyone seems so upset over this am I the only one excited? So many customization possibilities, Hulkpool is the first that comes to mind.

However after looking at that set now I really want a 2012 TRU exclusive to be Comic First Class Beast and Dogpool (with mini Squirrelpool accessory) set.

Edited by Prowlar

Yep, the Wrecking Crew, Kang, Falcon, Baron Zemos and the Brotherhood won't sell, but this sure will.

I don't know... in terms of lowest-common-denominator mass appeal, I bet this set will sell much better than those would. There are probably 50 casual Deadpool fans for every one hard-core Kang or Wrecking Crew fan. As the Marvel line matures, I really think we'll see fewer and fewer non-mainstream characters. I'm sure they'll try to keep us old-school collectors happy by slipping a few second- or third-tier characters into waves or TRU exclusives, but I'm convinced the days of seeing full waves or boxsets of new characters are well behind us.

I take heart at that, though, as it means they probably have a long-term plan for the line to continue. If you look at lines like Marvel Legends and DCUC, they were diligent about packing waves with new (and increasingly obscure) characters, and both lines eventually petered out as casual collectors had no interest in Bi-Beast and Jemm, and hard-core collectors started cherry-picking for just the guys they were into. It's been proven time and again that collectors can't seem to financially carry a line over the long run (or toy companies can't or won't figure out how to build a model that is sustainable). There just aren't enough of us.

So, as much of a "meh" as this set is for me personally, I can't say I'm disappointed. I've been hard trying to lower my expectations... :sweat:

Edited by Lobsterman

I know we had a Captain America 4-Pack Set recently that had 4 variant Captain Americas. So I am not surprised that this stunt would be pulled again, just surprised they did this for Deadpool with a movie still years behind in production.

I would not be surprised if this set is a bust in sales just because the characters are not highly fan demanded, and true new release characters prove time and again to sell out. With so many new mates out folks might be tempted to skip these variants.

I for one am also going to take my time and order this later when there are other new mates out so I can save on shipping.

I must say that I really like that AFX once more chose to do a box set with more obscure characters. Their boxsets still bring up themes/characters we usually wouldn't see. And I even think the idea of making a Deadpool Corps 4-pack is pretty cool, because there are a lot of Deadpool fans out there and something like this might always be cool for customizers.

That said, I think it's very boring. As much as I like Deadpool I don't want this set because I alreday have the perfect Minimate since wave 28. And from a customizer's perspective this set has only two things to offer: ponytails and that scraf thingy. That's not much.

Sorry. Nice. Pass.

You couldn't get a hold of either of the X-Force box set versions, this: http://www.lukestoystore.com/heandadmibox.html , or either of the Marvel vs. Capcom versions: http://www.lukestoystore.com/mavsca3se1fu.html ?

Or is that sarcasm. . . <_<

I like Kidpool’s what is that... scarf? hoodie? turtleneck?

That’s a fun piece, I hope they can find a few more uses for it (Scarlet Spider maybe? Definately Stryder if they get to make MvC2 or UMvC3 mates) because I wouldn’t mind collecting a few for fodder but don’t want this set.

Stryder and Wiccan both came to my mind when I saw that piece. I guess Wiccan's cloak thingy is a bit different, but I think it would work.

Seriously? This year saw Thor, Cap, and X-Men:FC, all of which could easily be fleshed out a little more and which ought to increase demand for related comic characters and we get... this? Meh.

Edit: The collar piece on that one Deadpool is interesting, as are the ponytail pieces. I'm more interested in what they might be reused for than this set though.

That's about the only good thing to come out of this. I made Blacklash earlier this year, actually, but the ponytail's been problematic. I'd be thrilled if this meant that we'll be getting Blacklash and/or Killer Shrike.

Man, why do they have to have such lame exclusives at the show I'm actually going to? Although the San Diego one's weren't particularly good this year either....

i echo MOCs first reaction too. Especially the f-bomb!

Damn - i am disappointed. I hope there is something else on offer at NYCC this year from Marvel Minimates. The MVC3 boxsets at SDCC didn't rock my world. FF looked cool, but i've never been a F4 reader. Nor a Thor reader for that matter, So i was really keen to see what NYCC was gonna offer.

The pony-tail isn't quite right, but maybe we'll end up with a parts-re-use figure of the inexplicably metal armed, immortal Liefeld ridiculousness that is Gideon?

EDIT: smaller image.

EDIT EDIT: I will be completely unsurprised if i am the only person on this board who actually wants a Gideon MM to go with his X-Force figures. LOL

Blacklash and Gideon are what I had in mind. Don't worry, Nessex, for some strange reason I'd like a Gideon Minimate too. I'll admit that Killer Shrike was a little lower on my list.

Lord in the heavens is DST really gonna produce a freakin' Gideon Minimate before Pyro, Blob, and Toad? Damn it!

Gideon has to be one of the top 5 lamest characters of the '90s, and that's saying a hell of a lot :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

You have something against Leifeld designed Highlander rip-offs with Mimic's power set? With swords, don't forget the swords.

Heh. Seems like every 90's title has a story line they'd just as soon we forget happened. For the X-gang, the X-ternals story line couldn't get swept under the very lumpy rug fast enough.

I'm not going to lie: part of the reason I want Gideon is because he is so incredibly terrible. All it takes is one look to know that he sucks crap through a straw. He could come packed with Adam X the X-Treme (seen here with his wicked backwards baseball cap and awesome Shredder armor!). I don't think the two have any history, but I also don't think "making sense" is a concept applied to those characters.

I watched X-Men:FC again last night and this Deadpool set got even more disappointing. A Brotherhood set (either comic with Pyro, Blob, Toad, and Avalanche or movie with final Magneto, Riptide, Angel, and naked Mystique) would have been the bees knees and as timely as it gets. A Cap Friends and Foes set would also have been awesome. There are so many things that would have been much cooler.

I admit I'd be happy with Gideon, but I like a lot of lame characters. For example, the Adam-X / Gideon two-pack sounds great to me.

But Gideon is not on my Top Twenty Most-Wanted List (and will hopefully not show up before Pyro, Banshee, classic Sunfire, etc.) He's definitely on my Top Two Thousand List, though. And the fact that I'm more excited talking about a character so low on my Wants list than I am about this new Deadpool set - well, that says a lot about how I feel about the Deadpool Corps set.

He could come packed with Adam X the X-Treme (seen here with his wicked backwards baseball cap and awesome Shredder armor!).

I admit I'd be happy with Gideon, but I like a lot of lame characters. For example, the Adam-X / Gideon two-pack sounds great to me.

OK, why don't you guys take a long walk and come back when you realize what you're saying. :lol:

Edited by karamazov80