UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight from AFX's Facebook, looks like it's the Deadpool Corps!

Action Figure Xpress New York Comic Con Marvel Minimates Exclusive from Diamond Select Toys - DEADPOOL CORPS MINIMATES!

Wade Wilson, the merc with a mouth, is good at three things: violence, not dying and being a bit funny in the head. So when he was found to be the only one immune to the consciousness-destroying Awareness, he had to team up with his alternate-reality counterparts to form... the Deadpool Corps! Lady Deadpool was a rebel who fought against a fascist American government; Kidpool was a student at the Xavier Orphange for Troubled Boys; Championpool has mastered every form of combat in the galaxy and is virtually unbeatable; and Headpool is a disembodied head from a world where everyone is a zombie. This exclusive four-and-a-half-pack of 2-inch Marvel Minimates mini-figures unites the five members of the Deadpool Corps. Each figure (except Headpool) has 14 points of articulation.

post-3098-0-95001900-1315864167_thumb.jp

I'm kind of iffy on this set. I do like that they threw in Headpool, but the actual figures don't do much for me.

Edited by Smashmaster12

Seriously? This year saw Thor, Cap, and X-Men:FC, all of which could easily be fleshed out a little more and which ought to increase demand for related comic characters and we get... this? Meh.

Edit: The collar piece on that one Deadpool is interesting, as are the ponytail pieces. I'm more interested in what they might be reused for than this set though.

Edited by Turtle

But I have to complain because WHERE'S DOGPOOL?

I second that complaint! Dogpool couldn't have been hard to make, right? No Dogpool ruins the set for me.

But finally this set has been made. This was a no brainer to do but I think the Deadpool ship has kind of sailed. I still like the set for the Deadpool and Kid Deadpool and Headpool.

And umm... did the Deadpool Corps have something against guns? They sure like their swords. Hopefully this set will have lots of guns too.

[They sure like their swords.

Their little, tiny, eensy-weensy leprechaun swords.

Can we retire that mold, please, and get a decent-sized katana?

Kidpool looks to have the biggest sword compared to all the toothpick swords. I'm guessing he's the alpha-pool?

And I just noticed that from the waist down, all the figures are the same (except Headpool and Kidpool's slippers). Would have been nicer to have some variance, but I don't remember if the costumes in the comics had much variation either.

I think this set could have been easily better if Champion was in his normal look. They fought with him that way so it wouldn't have been a big stretch for him not to be in the DP costume. Then you could possibly pull in a few more people that wouldn't want to pass on a regular 616 character.

Truth! I don't have much interest in a Deadpool Corp set, but I've always liked the Y-harness look, so combine that Deadpool with a normal Champion and I'd be a little more interested in this set. As it is, my interest in the Y-harness Deadpool isn't enough for me to shell out the dough for the set... at present... damn completionism flares up from time to time.

Seriously? This year saw Thor, Cap, and X-Men:FC, all of which could easily be fleshed out a little more and which ought to increase demand for related comic characters and we get... this? Meh.

Edit: The collar piece on that one Deadpool is interesting, as are the ponytail pieces. I'm more interested in what they might be reused for than this set though.

blacklash.gifkillershrike.gif

Straight from AFX's Facebook, looks like it's the Deadpool Corps!

Action Figure Xpress New York Comic Con Marvel Minimates Exclusive from Diamond Select Toys - DEADPOOL CORPS MINIMATES!

Wade Wilson, the merc with a mouth, is good at three things: violence, not dying and being a bit funny in the head. So when he was found to be the only one immune to the consciousness-destroying Awareness, he had to team up with his alternate-reality counterparts to form... the Deadpool Corps! Lady Deadpool was a rebel who fought against a fascist American government; Kidpool was a student at the Xavier Orphange for Troubled Boys; Championpool has mastered every form of combat in the galaxy and is virtually unbeatable; and Headpool is a disembodied head from a world where everyone is a zombie. This exclusive four-and-a-half-pack of 2-inch Marvel Minimates mini-figures unites the five members of the Deadpool Corps. Each figure (except Headpool) has 14 points of articulation.

post-3098-0-95001900-1315864167_thumb.jp

I'm kind of iffy on this set. I do like that they threw in Headpool, but the actual figures don't do much for me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

as fwooshy mentioned, aren't the new MvC Deadpool swords somewhat bigger/better than the ones they'd been using before?

anyway... what a load of bollocks.

though, fairly relieved in a funny sort of way. I'm not too flush just now, so at least I won't have to sell anything vital... like I would have for Brotherhood, Wrecking Crew etc etc etc

Really?

Really?

More Deadpool.

Really?

So the good news I suppose is that Chuck and the gang took to heart the human cry that stemmed from the great Deadpool shortage of '09 when there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about ever being able to get a hold of a Deadpool minimate when the oddly limited supply from wave 28 ran out. The bad news is they are overcompensating a bit much. Like a lot.

The other good news is that with the extra expense of the MvC3 line this fall, I can certainly use the twenty bucks I'll be saving. And who knows, if this proves tremendously unpopular, I'll catch it on extreme clearance down the road if I ever change my mind.

The bad news... well I think moc is expressing that for me quite eloquently