UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is I've never really liked zombies... but pop culture has been bombarded by zombies so much in the last decade that I've been braiiinswashed into thinking they're pretty neat.

Nope. Still don't like them. I have never cared for zombie horror. Doubt that's going to change. But hey if that's your cup of tea knock yourselves out.

No, I will not surrender my Man-Card over not liking zombies. If you think I should, you're welcome to try and take it from me.

Actually, I'm not huge into zombies either. They're okay, but where my "horror" heart is lies with Godzilla and the Universal Monsters.

I actually think the Spidey firefighter looks cool, but I don't need to buy the set, I can just swap parts and voilà.

The zombies. Well. The surgeon looks like he stepped right out of vbpanizzi's mind - which is good. But he's more like an evil doctor or something, not a zombie - but again, that's not bad. The biker on the other hand doesn't look like a zombie at all. I don't know about that bunty hunter you guys keep refering to (I googled him, you're right!), but 'zombie' wouldn't come to mind when I would've just looked at him without 'knowing'. It's a nice 2 pack but if DST is starting to do genereic zombies - which, you know it already, is good! - they should watch their movies or at least ask Luke. :tongue:

I actually think the Spidey firefighter looks cool, but I don't need to buy the set, I can just swap parts and voilà.

Yeah, the only new thing is that number on the helmet. 62 instead of 77. Other than that, it really is just Torment Spidey and the MAX Firefighters. If anything, this Torment Spidey might have a peg hole in the head? I don't know if the helmet has a peg in it or not. Never bought the set.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=399&n=Torment+Spider-Man

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1092&n=Fire+Fighter+Chief+1

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1090&n=Fire+Fighter+1

Yet, I still want. Heck, I think I'm the only person liking this one off Spidey. It's probably because I always wanted more Torment Spideys.

Next year, SDCC Scuba Spidey with MAX Diver?

The zombie minimates are awesome. but if we'll have zombie minimates we need a certain minimate to go with them. the man, the myth, the legend, the boomstick!!

I second this! Although, with the chainsaw that the zombie surgeon comes with...

Both sets look alright and I may get them if I see them cheap enough. However at the moment I need to direct my minimate funds elsewhere...

calls 'em as I sees 'em. Now where's my Spider-man variant!

I think you need bigger eye holes in your bag. Not sayin', just sayin'.:tongue:

For my birthday last week, one of my boys got me a scuba Spidey from the 4" line. I love it and looking at it makes me want a Minimate form. I've planned for a while to do a bunch of ridiculous Spidey customs and the firefighter can now be crossed off my list.

Scuba Spidey Cupid struck another person! Yes, please post any ridiculous Spidey customs whenever you get to them. :biggrin:

For my birthday last week, one of my boys got me a scuba Spidey from the 4" line. I love it and looking at it makes me want a Minimate form. I've planned for a while to do a bunch of ridiculous Spidey customs and the firefighter can now be crossed off my list.

Scuba Spidey Cupid struck another person! Yes, please post any ridiculous Spidey customs whenever you get to them. :biggrin:

As you wish. Behold, fly fishing Spider-Man.

fishing%20spiderman.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1300767466916

As you wish. Behold, fly fishing Spider-Man.

Heh. Remember that image my friends the next time you hear someone waxing eloquent about how much better a job Toy Biz did with the Marvel license

Edited by Mirymate

The flood of zombies are nicely timed to go with next year's Brad Pitt blockbuster "World War Z".

Although fans are denouncing the film because the plot is nothing like the book, I think the movie will be a hit. The plot sounds more like a prequel and has the potential for sequels that capture the essence of WWZ.

Max Brooks has written short story sequels to WWZ but the problem with the book is that it's set after the war is concluded. You lose some of the dramatic tension when you know how the story eventually ends. And it's even harder to make a compelling story after you've told the most compelling stories of the war.

The movie seems like it wants to give you a reason to come back for more.

The flood of zombies are nicely timed to go with next year's Brad Pitt blockbuster "World War Z".

Although fans are denouncing the film because the plot is nothing like the book, I think the movie will be a hit. The plot sounds more like a prequel and has the potential for sequels that capture the essence of WWZ.

Max Brooks has written short story sequels to WWZ but the problem with the book is that it's set after the war is concluded. You lose some of the dramatic tension when you know how the story eventually ends. And it's even harder to make a compelling story after you've told the most compelling stories of the war.

There are tons of possibilities for sequels for World War Z. There was no reason to totally rewrite the story... Wait, I take that back. I should have said write a completely new story and slap the World War Z title on it. The novel has how many individual stories? Twenty? Thirty? How many stories are in the back of The Zombie Survival Guide that could have been used? At least another four or five? There are enough stories between those two books to do several movies. This is a simple case of ego. The book didn't have a big hero character for Brad Pitt to play or a romantic interest for him, so they wrote a new story that did.

No tension is lost over the war being over. You know the war is over after reading the first page or two. WWZ isnt about how the war was won. It is about how individuals survived their particular experiences in it. How the war is won is just one small part of it. I spoke with Max Brooks at NYCC last year and he told me he has no involvment in the film... Not a good sign. I'm not saying the movie will suck. Although a Nerf ball zombie movie with a PG rating does not sound like my cup of tea. It just wont be World War Z. I do agree that Zombie Mates sales should enjoy a little kick in the pants from the film though.

There are tons of possibilities for sequels for World War Z. There was no reason to totally rewrite the story... Wait, I take that back. I should have said write a completely new story and slap the World War Z title on it. The novel has how many individual stories? Twenty? Thirty? How many stories are in the back of The Zombie Survival Guide that could have been used? At least another four or five? There are enough stories between those two books to do several movies. This is a simple case of ego. The book didn't have a big hero character for Brad Pitt to play or a romantic interest for him, so they wrote a new story that did.

No tension is lost over the war being over. You know the war is over after reading the first page or two. WWZ isnt about how the war was won. It is about how individuals survived their particular experiences in it. How the war is won is just one small part of it. I spoke with Max Brooks at NYCC last year and he told me he has no involvment in the film... Not a good sign. I'm not saying the movie will suck. Although a Nerf ball zombie movie with a PG rating does not sound like my cup of tea. It just wont be World War Z. I do agree that Zombie Mates sales should enjoy a little kick in the pants from the film though.

Whoa. Waitaminute. It will be PG? How is that even possible? Nevermind, a PG zombie movie will suck.