UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

Hey-oh!

Digging through listings on Diamond's site ... once again, came across a couple of interesting listings I thought you guys might like to see:

SPIDER-MAN & FIREFIGHTER NYCC 2011 MINIMATE 2-PK

and

ZOMBIE BIKER & ZOMBIE SURGEON MINIMATE 2-PK

As usual, no other info inside the listing.

ALSO:

Official pics for some of the stuff we saw at SDCC.

post-111-0-31810300-1311692912_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-66298800-1311694305_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-58260500-1311694373_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-26669000-1311694444_thumb.jpg

I'll let you guys know if I find anything else.

Hugs!

Xy

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome find Xy! It's also always good to see any post from you around here.

Thanks ... it's good to be around. We're super-busy with the store. Moving into a new phase. All is well and we're so grateful for all the support.

As busy as we are, I always keep you all in the back of my mind. I heart MMMV! :)

And a zombie 2-pack? Possible zombie line of Minimates? Very interesting...

I tend to lean towards the idea that they're creating a Bikers & Doctors line and the zombies are just a con variant of the normal pack-up of 'Hell's Angel Biker/Neurosurgeon'. I suppose I could be wrong about that though.

n towards the idea that they're creating a Bikers & Doctors line and the zombies are just a con variant of the normal pack-up of 'Hell's Angel Biker/Neurosurgeon'. I suppose I could be wrong about that though.

Biker & Doctor sounds like a new cable drama:

He's the head of neurosurgery who's personal life is shattered when adopted gay son dies from a peanut allergy. He's a multi-millionaire stockbroker who threw it all away to ride the highways on a Harley. Now they have to work together and fight crime. Biker and Doctor - coming this fall on USA Network.

I'll tune in if Noah Wiley is playing the part of Biker.

I'm hazarding a guess that Biker/Doctor set is part of the MAX line with a special, seasonal theme. NYCC is in October, after all. And a Spidey/Firefighter set might be one of the most thought out sets to date. :rolleyes:

Edited by Turtle

Am I the only one that thinks trying to capitalize off of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 is a bad idea??? Unless they release it as a 'commemorative set' with 100% of the proceeds going to 9/11 families, it would just seem wrong to me.

This Spidey/Firefighter thing has to be something else...

Edited by youbastards

Why? We do Charity Mates every year with only 75% going to charity. DST didn't 'donate' those Red Cross Minimates. They sold them to Bad Apple. You think it's wrong to pay for your production costs? Marvel sure isn't going to donate Spiderman. I'm sure they're not sitting there twiddling their moustashes, planning on getting rich. SOME fundage, I'm sure, will go to charity.

EDIT: I sure did say sure a lot. >.< I feel confident that this is a 9/11 set.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Sometimes it takes a while until you realize what you really liked about something. When I read zombies it was obvious. Zombie mates are - wait for it - a nobrainer! Then I read Granny's thought about the possibilty of a new max line and I really liked the idea without really knowing why. I don't need a surgeon mate and I have enough parts to easily customize some bikers. But then I thought about it: new max line. Bikers. Max bikers. Hell, we might see bikes! Finally! And after seeing that really cool munster's truck, they even might look cool. Minimate bikes FTW!

But then I thought about it: new max line. Bikers. Max bikers. Hell, we might see bikes! Finally! And after seeing that really cool munster's truck, they even might look cool. Minimate bikes FTW!

This would be awesome for the MAX line. Hopefully they come in a 2-pack. Either as a "minimate" with a rider in a standard minimate 2-pack. Or in a MAX vehicle pack with two bikes (and two mates).

And bring on the Zombies!!

I read another post somewhere where the person was saying something like, "Yay, Zombie Biker. Maybe he comes with a motorcycle that just happens to be on fire!" I like this idea. The doctor could come with an Ambulance that has decals you apply yourself (or replace with a Ghostbusters logo).

• 4 weeks later...

Pics and info posted for retailers:

Tj8ZF.png

MARVEL MINIMATES NYCC FIREFIGHTER SPIDER-MAN 2-PACK

As one of New York City's resident superheroes, Spider-Man sees a lot of fires, and puts his strength, agility and Spider-Sense to good use rescuing anyone who might be trapped inside the burning building. But the real heroes are the men and women who do the same thing every day, without the benefit of a radioactive spider-bite. They may not be able to scale walls without a ladder, or break down a door without an axe, but the firefighters of NYC have truly earned the name "New York's Bravest." This two-pack of 2-inch Minimates mini-figures pairs Firefighter Spidey with an NYC Fireman, and includes an axe, a flashlight, and various interchangeable parts.

LIMITED TO 3,000 PIECES

2-Pack SRP: $9.00

ZOMBIE NYCC MINIMATES 2-PACK

A plague is sweeping the world, one that turns the dead into ferocious, gnawing creatures who desire only to feast on the living. No one is safe, not the doctor who tries to stem the tide of death, and not the biker who counts on his brute strength to save him. They are only the beginning, the first of many. Soon, they will be legion. This two-pack of 2-inch Minimates mini-figures pairs Biker Zombie with Surgeon Zombie, and includes two interchangeable heads and a chainsaw.

LIMITED TO 3,000 PIECES

2-Pack SRP: $9.00

These will first be distributed to retailers who have a booth at NYCC, and then extras will be available to other retailers after the show. So hopefully we will be able to carry these in our store!

Love those zombies. So, McFarlane Spidey 2.0 is the firefighter. Also, the biker is most definitely Dog the Bounty Hunter.

3,000 seems like a bunch, so I'm optimistic these will be available to retailers.

Edited by karamazov80

I think there's a blurry line there between paying tribute and taking advantage and I don't think they're crossed the line with these. Had NYCC been on 9/11 this year I might feel a little differently, but I think they're just playing to the right market with this exclusive. I'm sure if there was a Boise Con Spidey would be packed with a potato farmer or something.

I'm kind of interested to see how (or if) they proceed with zombies. I can't see that being promoted big by TRU (although I'd love to see a Zombie MAX line).