UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42

boyd

It occurs to me, with the pictures of the Stone Men from Saturn shown on the FB page, they've got me thinking I can kit-bash a better Thing than the Series 37 one.

- a more muted, solid orange plastic is used w/out the black "wash" over the details

- the original arm/hands that were shown on the prototpye for series 37

I think a previous Thing head, like the SDCC 4 pack of way back when... or possibly the Series 5 head, both with older hairpieces might just look the best of all.

*sigh*

This is what I think about in my free time and hope for.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife tells me that UPS just dropped off our shipment. :)

It might be only the custom cases that are arriving this week, and the standard cases next week to other retailers.

Hooray! I can drive up there and help you unpack if you want :)

Each custom case has 3 full sets of all 8 minimates in the wave, so 3 variants (sets are packed 3x3x3x3). For a store to be able to get the custom cases, they must order a very high quantity of minimates. Standard cases only have 1 of the variant set (sets are packed 4x4x3x1).

Alright you twisted my arm. :)

42-1.jpg

42-2.jpg

42-3.jpg

42-4.jpg

42-5.jpg

My initial quick thoughts before I leave for work are that this is a very impressive wave and I found myself really liking figures that I didn't expect to, such as Armored Thor and Eric Masterson Thor. The only QC problems I found this morning were that the Stonemen's hands fall off very easily, and overall the Stonemen have very limited articulation. Oh and the gold paint on Zola's eye was almost invisible, so I added a yellow dot of paint on top of it. :)

Love the pix, Luke! I can't wait to get these! I'm thinking of adding a dark brown wash to the Stone Men, to better accentuate the details but to also help them stand out against bulked up Thing. Any chance we can get a picture of a Stone Man and Thing side by side?

the Stonemen have very limited articulation

Appropriate? :biggrin:

Love the pix, Luke! I can't wait to get these! I'm thinking of adding a dark brown wash to the Stone Men, to better accentuate the details but to also help them stand out against bulked up Thing. Any chance we can get a picture of a Stone Man and Thing side by side?

Yes I can take more pics tonight. Any other requests?

Yes I can take more pics tonight. Any other requests?

Can I get one of those awesome breakfast sandwiches you are famous for making?

BTW, thanks for the pics.

Luke, does Armored Thor only have one wrist... thing? Or did you take the other one off? I can't remember if that's accurate or not.

I believe he only comes with one – it's basically a "cast" for his broken arm. He had to fancy it up so bad guys didn't know he was frail like a baby koala during that story arc.